Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 09:38   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I agree with most of Rossi's post race comments about racing with Marquez but the one thing I don't is "he's spoiling the sport for everyone". C'mon old man, this was uncalled for. You cannot be tarnishing someone's image like this. You are a legend and you've seen a fair share of everything in your career so you must come up with a plan to tackle the pup rather than make statements like this.

That said, I do believe every rider on the grid has a mental block whenever 93 is near them and I'm not surprised when Rossi says he is scared on the track. The problem with Marquez in my opinion is that his desire to win overpowers everything else and in that process, everything is a blur for him. Look at the number crazy maneuvers he did last Sunday. You call it dangerous riding or lack of respect, it is valid. End of the day, everyone wants to win and one individual's desire to win shouldn't create problems for the other. RD should take a strong action against Marquez.
He isn't winning any championships, that 10th won't happen with the way things are going. Rossi Bhakts [that is apt term] say that at 39, he is competitive and gives young guys a run for their money, but it still isn't good enough for winning the championships which he used to. Dovi has upped his game and MM 93 is in a different orbit altogether.

It isn't that me and you were or still are not #46 fans, we still are, just that we have accepted that there is a much faster rider on the grid than him. Which Bhakts haven't, sadly.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 11:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I don't think that the image shows the actual scenario. The real scenario was more like what I have managed to draw on paint, where Marc clearly infringed into Rossi's racing line putting him off course and ultimately pushing him onto the grass. Stewards mostly take action based on racing lines, and not just based on clearances.

Attachment 1750172
This does represent the helicopter view and is the optimal line. The onboard video from MM shows a very different reality.
MM had the pace and the space.

Maybe he could have made this corner without being hit by Rossi who chose to ignore his presence and turned into him? Maybe Marc going off his racing line wasn't his miscalculation at all, perhaps it was Rossi who refused to yield and forced both to pick up the bikes? Did Marc hit Rossi or did Rossi hit Marc?

Marquez himself said that his move on Aleix was probably the one he regretted the most (but he arrived behind Aleix 4 seconds faster than him)

The Aleix one was a real misjudgement but the Rossi one was more of two racers going for the same tarmac with one much faster than the other. Rossi probably crashed because he had his front brake engaged when going into the grass. But anyways MM has been penalized for it and as per Carmela there is going to be no more penalties. The penalty points system which caught out Rossi in 2015 is no more in place (ironic, isnt it?). Pretty sure, they will be keeping a close watch on MM in the future.

But it is terrifying to note that MM was nearly faster by a second per lap and would have finished 25 seconds ahead of the second placed rider under normal circumstances!!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ElderlySleepyBasil.webm

MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix-mmcsvr1.jpg
MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix-mmcsvr2.jpg
Old 10th April 2018, 12:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
He isn't winning any championships, that 10th won't happen with the way things are going. Rossi Bhakts [that is apt term] say that at 39, he is competitive and gives young guys a run for their money, but it still isn't good enough for winning the championships which he used to. Dovi has upped his game and MM 93 is in a different orbit altogether.
Sadly, Yamaha's M1 woes aren't helping either. So from here on, Rossi can hope to have few podiums and possibly a few wins here and there, retire gracefully and focus on his Sky Racing team.

If there ever is a challenge to MM 93 this season, its from Dovi - we have seen three last lap/last corner battles and I kind of feel Dovi has worked out a strategy to dodge that final punch from Marquez.

Next year, Zarco on a factory Honda might be a contender, however it is way too early to comment on that now.
Old 10th April 2018, 13:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

It isn't that me and you were or still are not #46 fans, we still are, just that we have accepted that there is a much faster rider on the grid than him. Which Bhakts haven't, sadly.
I was heartbroken in 2015 and irritated in 2016 (Rossi missed out on winning a couple of wet races which would've helped him win the title) but as of last year, I've made peace with the fact that he may not win the championship again. I will be rooting for him as always, but without any expectations.

Anyhoo, I think we're all missing out on the other aspects of this race. What a brilliant ride by Cal to win the GP! He's proven time and again that one cannot just sit pretty in his position when Cal is behind. It is a good feeling to see nice guys finishing first. Zarco is already a champion in my eyes and the potential factory Honda ride next year will increase his chances infinitely. Of course, one can never leave out Marquez to win the championship but my heart will be rooting for Dovi this year. In the entire grid, I think only he has to pace and ability to beat Marquez.
On a secret note, I really wish Lorezo finds his rhythm with the Ducati to give an interesting angle to WC fight.
Porschefire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 14:13   #50
Team-BHP Support

https://m.facebook.com/groups/151216...22981504682073

Another angle for everyone’s viewing pleasure.
Old 10th April 2018, 14:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Could we draw parallels with this incident between MM and JL from Jerez in 2013?

Old 10th April 2018, 15:56   #52
BHPian

Taking a neutral stand (for once I’m glad Jorge isn’t involved in any of this LOL ) but i believe in calling spade a spade. Marc in my opinion totally miscalculated his own pace. Under normal conditions both Aleix and Valentino would’ve already been exiting and powering out of the corners. While everyone was tiptoeing through the corners Marc was blasting through them and that is where all the trouble began. Marc simply couldn’t assess his or other riders pace correctly. He was braking deeper in the corners trying to make up for the time he lost with the ride through penalty. His general mindset of ‘win it or bin it’ didn’t help either. He knew this was a great opportunity for him to recover some points on Dovi at one of Ducati’s bogey tracks.

Ofcourse we all love Marc Marquez. He certainly has taken the excitement to a new level. He is all action. He is a freak. A legend in the making. The greatest talent the sport has ever seen. He will eventually break all the records that exist. Four world titles in five years in the golden era of Motogp. The strongest grid ever to compete. Says something about his otherworldly talent doesn’t it?

But it still doesn’t quite justify the recklessness he showed during the race. First of all he had no business trying to push start the bike on the grid when the Marshall clearly signaled him to enter the pits. That is certainly against the rules. This is not club racing for God sake. Secondly the race direction should’ve immediately given him another ride through for torpedoing into Aleix. I was quite shocked when there was no penalty handed out at all. If Race direction had corrected him then and there may be the VR incident wouldn’t have happened at all. Marc thought he got away with it and carried on riding the same way. Furthermore, on the track certain riders carry more respect than the others. If you’ve been in motorsport racing you would understand. And no rider has a bigger clout than Rossi. You pull a move on a 9 time World champion you do it with respect, you do it clean. And Marc with the bad blood he’s had with Valentino in the past he certainly should’ve been more careful. Quite clearly neither were fighting for the lead nor was it the last corner. It wasn’t even the last lap.Marc would’ve known how much faster he was than Rossi seeing the way he caught up with him. Could’ve waited, SHOULD’VE waited. I do believe what he did there was nothing but out of disrespect. Also the apology attempt was unwarranted. It wasn’t a one-off incident. He did this to Aleix,to Morbidelli, to Vinales (in practice) and then to Rossi as well.

We’ve seen a similar performance by Rossi before at Valencia in 2015, where he came through the entire grid overtaking some 20 bikes and not once did he do something so stupid or reckless. On that day no one was more desperate on the planet than Rossi and he was riding for the championship and even if he did touch and barge through he would’ve been excused seeing the prominence of the situation. But what was Marc’s excuse?

I sort of agree with Rossi when he says he’s ruining our sport. It might sound a bit overreactive but Marc’s antics will certainly inspire others to do the same if let go and then it becomes a demolition derby. I do believe Marc got away cheap with a 30 second penalty. God help him and his fans in Mugello.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 10th April 2018 at 16:00.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 12:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Could we draw parallels with this incident between MM and JL from Jerez in 2013?
Very similar. Lorenzo left the door open, MM barged in. No penalties on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
But it still doesn’t quite justify the recklessness he showed during the race. First of all he had no business trying to push start the bike on the grid when the Marshall clearly signaled him to enter the pits. That is certainly against the rules. This is not club racing for God sake. Secondly the race direction should’ve immediately given him another ride through for torpedoing into Aleix. I was quite shocked when there was no penalty handed out at all. If Race direction had corrected him then and there may be the VR incident wouldn’t have happened at all. Marc thought he got away with it and carried on riding the same way.
Ideally, they should have black flagged him at the start for riding in the wrong direction.

But we have seen Prima donnas go unpunished circa 2005, 2008, 2015 (still kept his points). The precedent was already set and Race direction needs to grow a pair.

Quote:
We’ve seen a similar performance by Rossi before at Valencia in 2015, where he came through the entire grid overtaking some 20 bikes and not once did he do something so stupid or reckless. On that day no one was more desperate on the planet than Rossi and he was riding for the championship and even if he did touch and barge through he would’ve been excused seeing the prominence of the situation. But what was Marc’s excuse?
Think very different circumstances.
Valencia 2015: Final race of the season, championship contender starting from the back, one rider already warned by Race direction for interfering in the championship.
Argentina 2018: Second race of the season, damp conditions with only one dry line. One rider much faster than others. And no one made way for MM like the way Petrucci made way for Rossi!!

Quote:
I sort of agree with Rossi when he says he’s ruining our sport. It might sound a bit overreactive but Marc’s antics will certainly inspire others to do the same if let go and then it becomes a demolition derby. I do believe Marc got away cheap with a 30 second penalty. God help him and his fans in Mugello.
If Rossi considers himself as The Sport, then MM is definitely ruining the Sport.

Agositini says Rossi is exaggerating and Rossi needs to get a job in a bank if he is scared of racing!!
If you are afraid, that you do another job, that you work in the bank. All life has gone at 300 km / h and now he is afraid. I do not understand this. It has exaggerated a bit. Now everything is very hot, but I believe and I hope that in the end everything will be forgotten .
https://www.motorbikemag.es/giacomo-...trabaje-banco/

Last edited by JayKis : 11th April 2018 at 12:16.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 13:40   #54
BHPian

I still believe Valentino should have handled this with much more sense of maturity, through his team to the officials, than going vocal to the salivating media.

As for no one sharing Rossi's perspective:

James Toseland: "There was one corner that was wet, and it was that [penultimate] corner. And everyone [Marquez] tried to pass, he was doing it there. Everywhere else was pretty safe to pass, but I think he had so much of an advantage this weekend, I think he showed a lack of respect for everyone else."

Neil Hodgson: "Marquez had such an advantage this weekend, almost a second per lap, and because of that, it's almost like an arrogance came. It's can he control it when the red mist comes down? That's what we witnessed this weekend - a major case of red mist."

Colin Edwards: "You're talking about putting your own self at risk, much less the guy you're running into - it's unbelievable."

And the notably measured Gigi Dall'Igna: "Marquez went beyond the limit and this war is negative for our sport. Surely, Marc went beyond the limit and he could have taken some time to improve things. I understand that the problem he had at the beginning made him nervous, but after that he has been much too nervous throughout the race."

From motomatters forums.
Old 11th April 2018, 16:44   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Look at will,the drive, the aggression. Bringing out the mediocrity of the rest of the grid with a hammers finesse.
Old 11th April 2018, 17:51   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I've never watched a complete MotoGP race, I'm an F1 fan mainly. So from my noob point of view, I watched the clip on YouTube just now and it certainly seemed like there was enough of a gap for Marquez to pull off an overtaking maneuver. Seemed like an exciting move.
Old 11th April 2018, 18:01   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I was heartbroken in 2015 and irritated in 2016 (Rossi missed out on winning a couple of wet races which would've helped him win the title) but as of last year, I've made peace with the fact that he may not win the championship again. I will be rooting for him as always, but without any expectations.
Absolutely the same for me, could not have put it in a better way!
Old 11th April 2018, 19:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I've never watched a complete MotoGP race, I'm an F1 fan mainly. So from my noob point of view, I watched the clip on YouTube just now and it certainly seemed like there was enough of a gap for Marquez to pull off an overtaking maneuver. Seemed like an exciting move.
TO be honest, there was enough gap for Marquez to pull the move with an F1 car.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 13:07   #59
BHPian

Guess Marquez needs to paint his bike, helmet and overalls black. Zarco took out poor Pedrosa which resulted in a fracture and nobody even flinched.
Old 13th April 2018, 02:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Very similar. Lorenzo left the door open, MM barged in. No penalties on that one.

/
Funnily enough, Rossi justified the move Marquez made on Lorenzo as hard racing in 2013.

Source: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/19...zlorenzo-clash

Quote:
Jorge kept the door open and Marc went inside. It is something that can happen in racing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks