Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 13th October 2018, 10:51   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
After Lando Norris, George Russell wil also make the step-up to Formula 1 next season with Williams.
So, Stroll in Force India is definite, for 2019. Good they're not changing the FI line-up for 2018.

I do wonder about the state of Williams' finances. They're losing Stroll (the money, not the driver ), and their Martini sponsorship at the end of 2018.

I do hope that Mercedes have placed Russell at Williams, along with an infusion of funds.

I also wonder what becomes of Ocon? Will Toto put his money where his mouth is, and place (demote) Ocon to Williams as well? That would effectively make Williams a B-team, similar to Sauber, and leave FI and Haas as allied-but-still-independent teams.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 12:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
So, Stroll in Force India is definite, for 2019. Good they're not changing the FI line-up for 2018.

I do wonder about the state of Williams' finances. They're losing Stroll (the money, not the driver ), and their Martini sponsorship at the end of 2018.

I do hope that Mercedes have placed Russell at Williams, along with an infusion of funds.

I also wonder what becomes of Ocon? Will Toto put his money where his mouth is, and place (demote) Ocon to Williams as well? That would effectively make Williams a B-team, similar to Sauber, and leave FI and Haas as allied-but-still-independent teams.
There is a rumour that Kubica will be replacing Sirotkin for the other seat as he secured necessary funding. Also, with Russell, Williams will be paying less for Mercedes engine in 2019 and that means they may be unofficially the B team for Mercedes.

Ocon seems to be unwilling to commit to Williams and seems to be content with Mercedes test driver for 2019 and is eyeing the seat of Bottas at the end of 2019 when the latter's contract is up for renewal.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 14:19   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
There is a rumour that Kubica will be replacing Sirotkin for the other seat as he secured necessary funding. Also, with Russell, Williams will be paying less for Mercedes engine in 2019 and that means they may be unofficially the B team for Mercedes.

Ocon seems to be unwilling to commit to Williams and seems to be content with Mercedes test driver for 2019 and is eyeing the seat of Bottas at the end of 2019 when the latter's contract is up for renewal.

Do not know about the Kubica story though, he himself had commented recently that his chances of driving in F1 in 2019 are very less. And Sirotkin brings in quite a bit sponsorship. Secondary, unlike Stroll, Sirotkin has been spoken about as a capable driver. The only reason Williams need Kubica is for his inputs, which I think may be a small factor since he is not so accustomed to the Hybrid era cars anyway.

I wonder why Kubica has been adamant about only F1 and has not tried any other series. If he is not picked by Williams for 2019, he would have wasted another year waiting in the sidelines. Given, F1 is the pinnacle, but considering his age and all that, he should move on.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 21:03   #154
BHPian

Force India confirms Sergio Perez for the 2019 F1 season.

Link

With this announcement, only 3 more seats are left to be confirmed, one each at Force India, Torro Rosso and Williams. Remaining Force India will most probably be taken by Lance Stroll.
Makin Rulesz is offline   Reply With Quote