Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 07:50   #226
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season

In all likelihood, Hulk is moving to some other racing series like Formula E or another series with a manufacturer team. A lot of people say Hulk deserves to be in F1, but he has had his time. I guess he has spent close to a decade now, between the erstwhile Force India, Sauber and now another 3 years with Renault as well. If a top team saw that brilliance in him, they would have picked him by now. To me, he is just about the same as Perez, in fact Perez has been more consistent. And he is not aggressive as Magnussen and the new breed. Plus, his salary is not less, so for any mid field team it would have been a burden.

Also, I think he had already figured out some other option else he would not have let go off that one year Renault deal. In any case, every manufacturer team now wants the next gen in their cars. RBR has Max, Ferrari have Leclerc, and now Renault have Ocon and Ric.

Last edited by manson : 14th November 2019 at 14:57. Reason: Typo.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 16:29   #227
Senior - BHPian

Just came across a recent interview of Seb. Although as a top driver he has made a lot of mistakes in the last 2 years, he is a very likeable person! And he has matured in the way he thinks and talks!

https://twitter.com/scuderiafansf1/s...152905732?s=12
Old 13th November 2019, 19:16   #228
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season

Red bull confirm Albon for their senior team and retain Gasly and Kvyat for STR. On expected lines, I think. However,knowing RBR management style, I would not be surprised if all three drivers had a clause to switch internally when needed. So if Albon does not perform as per the requirement, then he goes back to STR and one of the other drivers switches to the senior team. But I think Albon will hold his ground, he may not match Max, but he looks like a driver who may not make as many mistakes as Gasly or Kvyat. So he will probably be a bit more consistent in staying close to Max and in case Max has an issue or a small incident during racing, Albon will be that driver to step up and finish in the top 3-4 places.

And the lone seat left is of Williams, so that surely means Hulkenberg is out of F1. And it will be a driver backed by some sponsor to take that very last seat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks