Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2018, 11:04   #136
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Fair point. Taken. But i think the negativity does get to you. When the team expects you to do nothing more than the role defined for you. Happens in any career. People make life changing career moves under such pressure. Forget high stakes game of Formula 1.
Kimi rejoined Ferrari in 2014, he finished 12th, his team mate finished 6th. He finished 4th in 2015, 128 points short of his team mate, 2016 was better - the delta to Vettel was only 26 points, in 2017 it went back to 112 and as of now he stands 62 points behind Seb. Your statement would imply that Kimi was rehired to finish at least two places behind his teammate, that is not something any team would logically do. Ferrari has not won the Constructor's championship since 2008 and personally I find it hard to believe that they are intentionally sabotaging the WCC because their Alpha driver is not winning the WDC. It can be argued that Ferrari wants to win the title only with Vettel, but it doesn't really add when it is said that they paid big bucks to sign a former WDC but would not want him to contribute to the WCC. For the team, the Constructor's championship is just as important as the Driver's championship. You may call me negative, but this year I did not hear Ferrari ordering Kimi to slow down in Azerbaijan, China, France, Austria, Germany and Italy because Seb is either out or behind Kimi.

Quote:
Been on the other side, waiting for him to get that Mclaren to behave under him. Prayed for him while he nursed his flatspotted tyre around in the European Grand Prix and jumped with elation when he won at Suzuka from all the way back.
I never really liked Alonso, so I naturally favored Kimi as Alonso's rival once Schumi was gone. Worked out well till 2007 when he won the WDC, but the Kimi I respected was gone by the mid of next year!
Quote:
Would make a good business decision. But call me a romantic. If Walter Rohrl can show the world a thing of two about racing as a 40 year old. So could Kimi. I will still believe that there are at least a few more memorable races left in this old mare. I will wait for those moments of Magic.
Rohrl never really had to fight it out with young bloods like Max and Charles or hardened veterans like Lewis and Seb in exceptionally competent rides. The only way Kimi can win is if Sauber pulls a Brawn of 2009, but then it was Ross Brawn who really won that year with his beautiful machines and Button just happened to be behind the wheels at that time!

I know the feeling, its hard to let it go. Had even greater hopes when Schumi came back in silver. If Schumi couldn't and Kimi does, then magic does really exist
sun_king is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:28   #137
BANNED

I had a feeling for quite some time Kimi had 'lost it'. Not aggressive enough. This was also causing Vettel to go hyper-aggressive.

All the best to him. Also, integrating to Ferrari will not be easy.
Old 13th September 2018, 14:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

2021 F1 concept car image leaked.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...eaked/3175731/
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season-0b5c4c2f3e5c477c9cb07f9de2460365.jpeg  

Old 14th September 2018, 06:55   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I think the decision by Ferrari to replace Kimi with Leclerc has more to do with doubts over Seb's capabilities rather than Kimi's. All these past years, Ferrari didn't have a machine to be competitive, and Seb was enjoying a Halo image. But as soon as the car got competitive, Seb's weaknesses started showing and he is consistently giving signs that he is losing the edge.

But, since he has a contract till 2020, Ferrari couldn't risk a good car paired to two less than par talent. Hence, the deal with Leclerc, if Seb falters again he can play second fiddle to Leclerc.

Partly right, probably the pressure gets to Seb and he is making mistakes than usual.

And if this is the case, then Ferrari should have actually got Dan! Leclerc is too young and inexperienced. We can argue the same about Max as well, but even he spent longer in STR before moving to RBR. And the pressure of driving for a team like RBR who are not genuinely challenging for championships is different from driving for Ferrari.

I just hope he does do well and has a long career ahead of him. But he has to deal with the pressure quite early in his career.
Old 15th September 2018, 08:48   #140
BHPian

The three concept designs are now revealed for the 2021 Season.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1040547144011341826

Concept 3 please!!!

Interesting to note that the old F1 logo is retained for the silver colored models and the wheel covers are no longer in there for the red one compared to the picture that was earlier shown in Ross Brawn's presentation.
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season-concept_01.jpg  

Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season-concept_02.jpg  

Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season-concept_03.jpg  

sun_king is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 14:27   #141
BHPian

'F1 qualifying set for Q4 introduction in 2019'

Quote:
The shape of qualifying in Formula 1 could look very different from next year, after it was claimed that Saturday action could be split into four sessions. Auto Motor und Sport have reported that Liberty Media plans to add a Q4 to qualifying as early as 2019.

Qualifying is currently split into three sections, five drivers dropping out in Q1 and Q2 respectively before Q3 decides the order of the top 10, and pole position with it.

AMuS have reported that Q4 will decide the top eight drivers and pole position, but the make-up of the remaining sessions is yet to be determined.
Source: GP Fans
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 18:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

It's a certain Mr. Giovanazzi, who will be driving for Sauber in 2019. All new lineup for Sauber, Ericsson will move to third driver role.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 18:41   #143
BHPian

Giovinazzi has been confirmed to partner Kimi in Sauber in next season.

Source: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...2019-f1-season

Quote:
Antonio Giovinazzi will be promoted to a Sauber race seat for the 2019 Formula 1 season, as team-mate to Kimi Raikkonen.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 25th September 2018 at 18:43.
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 19:30   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

So Sauber are for all intents and purposes a Ferrari B-team, and the Swiss investors' influence in ensuring Ericsson's seat has declined in the face of Alfa Romeo funding.

Interesting developments - an experienced Kimi to help with car development (remember how he was clearly stating the issue with his missing rear wing in Spa), and two youngsters in as well - Leclerc in the big team, and Giovinazzi in the junior team. It also shows a clear progression path in terms of Ferrari beyond Vettel.

Mercedes might be missing a trick here without a B-team of their own, especially seeing how Pascal Wehrlein lost his F1 drive last year, and Ocon (who I rate higher than Pascal) sets to repeat that very unfortunate trend.

I've never been a fan of Ferrari (had quite negative feelings towards them due to their historic clout with the FIA), but the late Mr. Marchionne and Arrivabene have been doing a lot of impressive stuff that has slowly been making a convert of me.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 22:47   #145
Senior - BHPian

Actually very surprised that Ericsson got thru 5 seasons in F1! Not that I think he is bad, and you cannot rate him just basis the Sauber, but he just did not make any significant impact. Never had a one of those rare races or qualifying sessions where he showed some brilliance etc. and usually these are the kind of drivers who get replaced very quickly. Probably he survived because of his financial backing. Anyway, the pairing is stronger than ever with Kimi and I get a feeling that Ferrari will pump more resources in to Sauber and make them at par with Haas.
Old 28th September 2018, 13:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Haas confirm Magnusssen and Grosjean. Not very surprised actually. It was sure that they would retain Magnussen, and there was some doubt over Grosjean, but he has sort of done better in the 2nd half and since Leclerc was not anyway available I do not think Haas had other credible options.

Drivers from rival camps like Ocon were anyway ruled out since the contracts could get way complicated.

And plus, Haas as a team can do far better, it is just not down to Grosjean. Pit stop blunders, strategies, they have not been the best in these. So they have 2 decent drivers, sometimes a little erratic, but very experienced and can come in handy in most races.

So a good decision I think to retain both of them.

That leaves only Williams & Torro Rosso with all 4 seats open since Force India look to confirm Perez and Stroll for sure.

I think Ocon will go to Williams and Merc may offer something to Williams on the engines and they would retain Sirotkin since he brings sponsors and money.

Torro Rosso is a lottery at the moment with various names being floated around.
Old 29th September 2018, 13:05   #147
BHPian

Daniil "Torpedo" Kvyat makes a return to Toro Rosso for 2019 season.

Source
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 13:09   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Daniil "Torpedo" Kvyat makes a return to Toro Rosso for 2019 season.
Happy to see him back (I think he was somewhat harshly dealt with), but I wish it was with a non Red Bull team. That said, given that Red Bull are rather short of junior drivers (Ticktum needs more maturing, according to Horner), I hope this gives Kvyat and Hartley a fair shot at proving themselves.
Old 2nd October 2018, 14:28   #149
BHPian

Rumour: Maurizio Arrivabene to leave Ferrari after 2018 Season

Quote:
Ferrari sporting director Maurizio Arrivabene could soon depart the Scuderia and initiate a new chapter in his professional career, according to Italian media.

The 61-year's name has been mentioned in connection with a management role Italy's celebrated 'Juve', the Juventus football club located in Turin.

The rumor comes at a time when Arrivabene's future with Ferrari could be called into question following the outfit's failure once again to bring back the F1 title to Maranello.

There's a natural proximity however between the Juve and Ferrari with the Agnelli family and its Exor holding company as the common denominators between the two iconic teams.
Source
Porcupine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

After Lando Norris, George Russell wil also make the step-up to Formula 1 next season with Williams.

George Russell to race for Williams in 2019
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks