Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Ross Brawn's take on the Red bull crash :

"One of the key turning points of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix was the collision between team mates Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen," Brawn said. "I don't want to comment on who might be held responsible or how a team should manage these issues during a race, but I do think the steward's decision to reprimand both drivers was the right course of action."

"But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger. The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable."

"We often think of downforce applying in cornering, but the impact the extra grip has in braking is huge. Take away that grip in braking and what happened on Sunday was inevitable."
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
"But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger. The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable."

"We often think of downforce applying in cornering, but the impact the extra grip has in braking is huge. Take away that grip in braking and what happened on Sunday was inevitable."
I saw the exact same thing mentioned in this video:

If you are an F1 fan, you will love this channel. Definitely worth subscribing to.
Old 6th May 2018, 19:17   #48
BHPian

I think it is well worth mentioning how Alonso maneuvered his car running on two wheels to the pit lane. Seen the video multiple times and it is nothing short of remarkable.

Skilful!

Last edited by nair : 6th May 2018 at 19:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks