Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2018, 22:16   #31
BHPian

Re: MotoGP - The 2019 Silly Season

Andrea Iannone has confirmed, he will be riding factory Aprilia bike for next season along with Aleix Espargaro. Vacant Suzuki seat should most probably goto reigning Moto3 champion Joan Mir.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 09:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
It's official. Jorge Lorenzo to HRC.

A full on factory assault spearheaded by Marc Marquez and Jorge Lorenzo. Lin Jarvis must be shitting in his pants right now
It is interesting to note that Lorenzo took up the HRC job at a lower salary than what Ducati was offering him.
Old 11th June 2018, 08:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
It is interesting to note that Lorenzo took up the HRC job at a lower salary than what Ducati was offering him.
He had no option but to opt for it and maintain his status quo in the top three successful MotoGP brands.

Even though I am not a fan of him, but after riding the Ducati, I have a feeling he will do well on the Honda.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 11th June 2018, 10:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
He had no option but to opt for it and maintain his status quo in the top three successful MotoGP brands.
Stay at Ducati (where he was the number 1 rider currently but could have been pushed to a number 2 rider by 2019) or go to HRC clearly as a number 2 rider for a lower salary?

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 17:30. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 11th June 2018, 11:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Stay at Ducati (where he was the number 1 rider currently but could have been pushed to a number 2 rider by 2019) or go to HRC clearly as a number 2 rider for a lower salary?
He clearly wasn't a number 1 rider this season seeing Dovi and his performance in 2017 and further Dovi getting the preference over him to stay with Ducati. To make it worse, critics were playing against him too.

Yamaha clearly opted for Rossi and Vinyalez.

Left with HRC, with Pedrosa's exit; i guess that was the only place left for Lorenzo.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 11th June 2018, 12:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Left with HRC, with Pedrosa's exit; i guess that was the only place left for Lorenzo.
He had a Ducati offer (higher than the HRC offer) as well. So that was another option he had. Both the places he wouldn't have been the the number 1 rider, anyways. But he still took the HRC offer, why?

Also Ducati waited for him to announce his exit (having signed it a couple of weeks before) and then announced Petrucci for the second seat.

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 17:31. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 11th June 2018, 12:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
He had a Ducati offer (higher than the HRC offer) as well. So that was another option he had. Both the places he wouldn't have been the the number 1 rider, anyways. But he still took the HRC offer, why?

Also Ducati waited for him to announce his exit (having signed it a couple of weeks before) and then announced Petrucci for the second seat.
You might want to go through the article below.

Strong quotes by Lorenzo -

""My story with Ducati is over; it's a question of self-esteem."

"My future is already decided and this result will not change it.” he added. "A part of me is sad because I know that with this bike I could have fought to be a world champion, which is why I came here. Now it's too late. There is nothing to be done.

"I kept telling people inside the team to believe in me, to bring me what I asked for. They have done it, but too late".

Rumour has it that Lorenzo had secured the Honda deal even before Ducati had made a final decision not to keep him.

Link - https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ti-team/30429/

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 12:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Strong quotes by Lorenzo -

""My story with Ducati is over; it's a question of self-esteem."
So, Lorenzo decided to leave Ducati to not compromise on his self-esteem and will now join Honda where he will be a number 2 rider living in the shadow of Marquez. Not sure what am I missing. Honestly though, very few people expected Lorenzo to set the track on fire with Ducati and his move in 2017 was a surprise. Probably, it was at Yamaha that he found himself losing self-esteem by being second to people's champion () and made a hasty move to Ducati. Now when he seems to have found some rhythm (he seems to agree), my reading is that he is again making a hasty move. One can only hope that MM and JL will share the camaraderie which Rossi always accuses them of!!

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 17:31.
Old 11th June 2018, 13:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
So, Lorenzo decided to leave Ducati to not compromise on his self-esteem
This is just one side of the coin and still stands as a rumor to what further the article states on whether he was really offered. That too one year or two years contract?

Quote:
Honestly though, very few people expected Lorenzo to set the track on fire with Ducati and his move in 2017 was a surprise. Probably, it was at Yamaha that he found himself losing self-esteem by being second to people's champion () and made a hasty move to Ducati.
Lol! Being the MotoGP champion in 2015 and qualifying third in 2016; he was at his best form then which must have made him to think bigger. But yes, it did turn against him. Ducati is a beast and many have failed to handle it with precision consistently.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 11th June 2018, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
It's not a matter of money, it's a personal issue.
Old 12th June 2018, 06:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

With Mir and Iannone confirmed for Suzuki and Aprilia respectively, the only mystery left is Pedrosa. There are some seats vacant at satellite teams, let's see where Pedrosa lands.
Old 12th June 2018, 09:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
With Mir and Iannone confirmed for Suzuki and Aprilia respectively, the only mystery left is Pedrosa. There are some seats vacant at satellite teams, let's see where Pedrosa lands.
I am guessing he will announce retirement at Catalunya. Wait and watch time.
Old 12th June 2018, 09:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
With Mir and Iannone confirmed for Suzuki and Aprilia respectively,
Dropping Iaonnone for Mir does not look like a wise decision. Suzuki seems to be the stepping stone for Moto2 riders to graduate to MotoGP before moving to other teams. I wonder how much input are these rookies able to give Suzuki to help improve the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
That will be absolutely sad. Pedrosa has always been in great form and if not for the misfortune of crashing for not fault of his, he can comfortably be second or third in the championship. Apart from Factory Yamaha, Honda and Ducati, all other teams are struggling to provide good machines to riders and Pedrosa's input can prove to be pretty valuable for Suzuki/Aprilia/KTM. Would have been great if KTM signed him on.

Last edited by manson : 28th June 2018 at 17:32.
Old 12th June 2018, 11:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Dropping Iaonnone for Mir does not look like a wise decision. Suzuki seems to be the stepping stone for Moto2 riders to graduate to MotoGP before moving to other teams.
That's sad. I guess Suzuki is playing a different strategy to others in the longer run i.e. to have Moto 2 champions right away and develop them to compete at the front. Likewise Rins has been putting up a good show this season for Suzuki and Zarco for Yamaha Tech 3.

But Suzuki needs to understand, once the riders become competitive they will leave them and move on to a top performing brand.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 14th June 2018, 13:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Im hoping he doesnt retire and wait until Dim Jarvis comes up with something for him. The only real gentleman on the grid. One among the four aliens. His record is impeccable, almost on par with VR since 2006 except the two championships. Well if he does retire I won't be surprised if it's an immediate retirement to give a big FU to Puig. "You wanted me out? I'm out. NOW!"
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks