Team-BHP - MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/198551-motogp-2018-french-grand-prix.html)

Moto GP : The 2018 French Grand Prix (May 18th - May 20th)

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-record-1.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-start.jpg

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-race3.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-pic0.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-pic1.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-pic5.jpg

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-pic6.jpg

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-lean.jpg

Track Layout

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-track-layout-1.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-track-layout-2.png

Track Data

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-track-info.png

MotoGP : The 2018 French Grand Prix-track-info-2.png

Circuit Information:

The French city and circuit of Le Mans are synonymous with motorsport - having hosted two and four wheel races and endurance events for many years. Le Mans first held a motorcycle Grand Prix event in 1969, when the great Giacomo Agostini won the 500cc race, lapping all the other riders on his MV Agusta.

The modern circuit has been a permanent fixture on the MotoGP calendar since 2000. Local French fans are knowledgeable and passionate about their racing, with a boisterous atmosphere at races. French riders of different eras and in different classes such as Johann Zarco, Christian Sarron, Olivier Jacque, Arnaud Vincent, Guy Bertin, Randy de Puniet and Mike Di Meglio have brought their country race wins and titles, adding to France’s significant racing heritage.

Built in 1965 around the existing 24-Hour track, the Le Mans Bugatti Grand Prix race circuit lies 5km south of the city of Le Mans and 200km south-west of Paris. The venue has hosted Grand Prix since the late sixties but a serious accident to Spanish rider Alberto Puig in 1995 saw it struck off the calendar until 2000 whilst stringent safety improvements were carried out.

Le Mans is a tight track dominated by first gear corners that place the emphasis on late braking and hard acceleration, whilst rear end traction is also a key area. With the capacity to comfortably accommodate up to 100,000 spectators, the Bugatti circuit also plays host to the 24 hour truck race, the FIA GP2 Championship, French Touring Car and GT races.

Read more at: http://www.motogp.com/en/event/France

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.

Amazing pole by Zarco! The more I see him outperform factory teams, the more I'm upset by Yamaha for losing him. Here's what Rossi has to say.

“I don’t know how Johann is so fast. I just know that he’s faster than us. Today he was fast, but he did the same thing in recent races too. He rides very well and has a good pace.”

For question on looking at Zarco's data

“We’ll need to look at all aspects to improve. It seems like Zarco wears the tyres less. He is able to go faster lap after lap, whereas I begin to struggle.”

This coming from a 9 time world champion with 17 years in MotoGP speaks a lot about the Frenchman's talent.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/05/19/...r-than-us.html

Another superb ride by Marquez. He sits now with 36 points lead over Vinales in championship. Both Zarco and Dovizioso crashed out. Marquez looks like in a league of his own.

Marquez made it look so easy. Looks like he can win 2018 title with 1 or 2 races to spare. Commendable rides by Petrux and Rossi but it was more or less a procession after mid race distance. I wonder why Lorenzo goes for the softest tires, make a break at start and then drop back mid race. Gutted for Zarco but this can happen when you are pushing to the limits.

MM #93 represents the current era, the ever dominating list of WC which once used to elude the Moto-GP championships. From Agostini, Rainey, Doohan, Gardner, Kenny to Rossi. Marquez is in that form. He is the GOAT for now.

That was a superb race and I doubt, others stand a chance for the entire 2018 championships, speaking too soon...? In this case, maybe not.

Doesn't matter who takes the pole anymore. If Marquez is on track he will win it and in the course of winning he has these mini crashes where he uses his elbow and knee to pick the bike up and keep going, amazing talent. I think the comment that him being dangerous to the sport has riled him up and now he just gets to the front and rides off. Suddenly MotoGP has become boring.

Dovi's fights with MM93 last year were at different level, he used to hold his nerve and end up unscathed. Wonder what has changed this year, for last 2 races, similar fights with Lorenzo have ended up with zero points, he should stop fighting with Lorenzo.
Zarco seem to have given up few moments earlier before he crashed or he is yet to master recovery skills of MM93.
Rossi on podium would be pleasant for VR46 fans, Miller & Petrucci were attacking him similar to Spanish GP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJITHAAA (Post 4403501)
Doesn't matter who takes the pole anymore. If Marquez is on track he will win it and in the course of winning he has these mini crashes where he uses his elbow and knee to pick the bike up and keep going, amazing talent. I think the comment that him being dangerous to the sport has riled him up and now he just gets to the front and rides off. Suddenly MotoGP has become boring.

It's 2014 all over again.

Marquez is on a different planet! His statement that the current bike feels like the 2014 one is enough to send shivers down his opponents. Argentina and the post race comments must've really fired a spark in him or maybe the volcano itself has erupted. It will be next to impossible for anyone to even keep up with him in his current form. Everyone loves to hate Marquez but none can ever ignore him. And if keeps winning races like this, the hate will eventually become boredom and yes, I agree Motogp will become boring. stupid:

Zarco and Dovi, both had the potential to win the race but I guess the pressure of expectations took the best out of them. Petrucci being the fiery Italian, I expected him to put some pressure on Marquez but well, happy to see him secure 2nd. Post race situation was funny with Rossi and Marquez trying their best to avoid eye contact! Wonder if their relations will ever improve. If it doesn't, this will be the next best saas-bahu serial!!! :uncontrol

On another note, if wishes came true, I'd like to see the following grid for the 2019 season

Yamaha - Zarco/Vinales

Honda - Marquez/Crutchlow

Ducati - Dovizioso/Petrucci

Suzuki - Lorenzo/Ianone

KTM - Rossi/Espargaro

Tech3 KTM - Pedrosa/Folger

Pramac Ducati - Miller/Rins

I feel, the big 4 teams are evenly matched this way. Zarco is a talent that, at the current scenario, will be wasted at KTM. He needs a Yamaha or a Honda factory set up to be more competitive than Marquez. It will be interesting to see Cal on the factory Honda, he will surely be a title contender. Dovi and Petrucci will be the mad, fast Italians with an Italian factory team. Lorenzo and Ianone will be a perfect fit for Suzuki which can come up the ranks. It will be greatness if Rossi shares his experience with the KTM factory team to bring it upto the podium rather than finishing at 3, 4, 5 with the factory Yamaha. Same is the case with Pedrosa, his talent and experience will help KTM immensly!

Why are the Argentina incidents and the aftermath being portrayed as some sort of great injustice towards MM and the proverbial hero has risen from the ashes to dominate the season now??

A rider (a WC, and a GOAT candidate in many eyes, no less), in his manic hurry, takes down not one but several riders, endangering lives in the process. That's a simple distillation of the events, and was penalized accordingly by RD. Can we let it drop?

Whether it's boredom or anything else, let the season unfold as a lot can happen over the course of the remaining 13 races.

My $0.02

Cheers,
Parth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 4403872)
Why are the Argentina incidents and the aftermath being portrayed as some sort of great injustice towards MM and the proverbial hero has risen from the ashes to dominate the season now??

A rider (a WC, and a GOAT candidate in many eyes, no less), in his manic hurry, takes down not one but several riders, endangering lives in the process. That's a simple distillation of the events, and was penalized accordingly by RD. Can we let it drop?

Whether it's boredom or anything else, let the season unfold as a lot can happen over the course of the remaining 13 races.

My $0.02

Cheers,
Parth

Well I can see where the frustration is coming from and nobody here has pleaded innocence on behalf of MM. Its only that his performance after the reprimand has been absolutely blinding. In Argentina too, it was as if every body was standing still, such was his pace. His impatience cost him the race.
Well on the endangering lives part, enough has been said and shared on this forum. Let's not delve too much into it.
My 2 paise.
Peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJITHAAA (Post 4404002)
Well I can see where the frustration is coming from and nobody here has pleaded innocence on behalf of MM. Its only that his performance after the reprimand has been absolutely blinding. In Argentina too, it was as if every body was standing still, such was his pace. His impatience cost him the race.
Well on the endangering lives part, enough has been said and shared on this forum. Let's not delve too much into it.
My 2 paise.
Peace.

Great feedback on the frustration part right there! Cheers!

Yup, totally agree. Such was the pace that everything was a faint blur and other riders, bikes, everything else was hardly visible, and hence the need to just blast THROUGH them as if they didn't exist, Harry Potter style! :uncontrol

I hope this "riled up", "exploding volcano" keeps all this within himself, and doesn't feel the need to externalize said attributes on the track with others.

Anyway, this is the French GP thread, we have dedicated threads for races now, so I'm gonna refrain from bringing Argentina here.

Over and out.

EDIT : totally forgot to mention. Congrats to MM on the 2018 title. Apparently all locked and loaded already. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 4404008)
Great feedback on the frustration part right there! Cheers!

Yup, totally agree. Such was the pace that everything was a faint blur and other riders, bikes, everything else was hardly visible, and hence the need to just blast THROUGH them as if they didn't exist, Harry Potter style! :uncontrol

I hope this "riled up", "exploding volcano" keeps all this within himself, and doesn't feel the need to externalize said attributes on the track with others.

Anyway, this is the French GP thread, we have dedicated threads for races now, so I'm gonna refrain from bringing Argentina here.

Over and out.

EDIT : totally forgot to mention. Congrats to MM on the 2018 title. Apparently all locked and loaded already. Cheers.

Not sure as to why you are so worked up. Will comment the same way if Dovi or Zarco wins the next 3 races since they are the only ones likely to win anything this year apart from the obvious.
Never thought MotoGP and Harry potter could be cited under the same topic.

@Parth46, I'm sorry mate but I just don't get the Harry Potter reference with Motogp! :confused:

And, with all due respect, between you and me, you are the one who's finding the need to explain Argentina all over again while the rest of us are just applauding the obvious for what he's done in the last 3 races.
While supporting your favorite rider is understood, you need to look beyond the yellow box mate, you might start appreciating the amount of talent available on the track.

Looking forward to Mugello, over and out.