Team-BHP - Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/201769-romano-fenati-quits-racing-after-pressing-rivals-brake-lever.html)

According to a media report, Romano Fenati has retired from motorcycle racing after he was dismissed from his Moto2 team for grabbing a rival's brake lever during a race. The incident also caused him to lose his contract to ride for Forward Racing next season.

Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever-moto2.jpg

The incident happened during the Misano Grand Prix in San Marino on September 9, 2018. Fenati, who rode for the Marinelli Snipers Team, was battling it out with Stefano Manzi on the track. At approximately 225 km/h, Fenati reached out and pressed the front brake of Manzi's bike, causing Manzi to momentarily lose balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WO9RtoBIk

For the incident, Fenati was disqualified from the race and was handed a two-race ban. He was also dropped from his team. While he has apologised for the incident, Fenati has also blamed Manzi for provoking him during the race.

Source: Independent

Link to Team-BHP News

When your team kicks you out and nobody takes you in, what can you do except retire?

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Jeroen

That was quick and probably the best way it could have ended.

That was very very unprofessional of him to do that. Luckily nothing major happened and Manzi was able to regain control. Fenati does not deserve to be in any kind of sports.

Well I think he is still a pretty young guy, what can he do in future for his career? I am quite sure that till now he must not have done anything but racing to reach this stage. Once he retires, that too with such bad press, what can such people do in life.

Rachit

He is lucky if no criminal charges are pressed against him.
I was surprised to read only couple of race bans. He should've been handed a straight lifetime ban from racing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4460098)
Well I think he is still a pretty young guy, what can he do in future for his career? I am quite sure that till now he must not have done anything but racing to reach this stage. Once he retires, that too with such bad press, what can such people do in life.

t

You do the crime you do the time.

I have absolutely no patience or even a smitten of compassion/understanding for these sort of young fools. They are adults, they are totally responsible for their own actions. If they did not mean it, if they are sorry, tough shit kid, you should have. thought of that before you did it!

When individuals willingly take such actions they need to face the consequence. This guy as far as I'm concerned should never ever be allowed on a circuit ever. If that ruins his life, he only has himself to blame. He should have thought of that before.

Millions of young men and women understand the responsibility that comes with being an adult. And take the consequences. This idiot should do so as well!

Run him out of town for all I care!

Jeroen

Manzi bumps Fenati completely out of the track TWICE before the particular incident headlined in this thread happened.

Crashing into someone once can be dismissed as accidental but the video show's DELIBERATE carelessness on the part of Manzi on BOTH occasions as a result of which Fenati loses several positions.

Manzi has had 22 crashes this year and a lot of it involving other riders.

While Fenati's move is unpardonable, Mansi isn't exactly a babe in the woods either.

http://youtu.be/GOq89OsIhTg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG Power (Post 4460168)
While Fenati's move is unpardonable, Mansi isn't exactly a babe in the woods either.

Quite sure Mansi did that to wind up Fenati and got the result he wanted. Sometimes, its all a game and not sports anymore!

And Fenati's past hasn't helped him at all. He has kicked an opponent before!
Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever-maxresdefault.jpg

Also switched off another bike on the track.
Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever-4ffa2ceb00000578.jpg

His opponent was then left stranded and had to retire from the race.
Romano Fenati quits racing after pressing rival's brake lever-4ffa2ceb00000587.jpg

That past just caught up with him here!

source

This is the height of unsportsmanlike-behaviour that I have seen in racing! The guy should be banned permanently from any & all forms of motorsport, especially after seeing the previous instances mentioned in Deetjohn's post.

Can understand the pressure in racing, but this is simply unpardonable. No other team will touch him with a barge pole thanks to the expected negative publicity.

When I saw the video, the first thought was this guy should be charged with attempted murder. Good news is, that might just happen - source

Quote:

For this reason, the Codacons presented today a statement to the Rimini Public Prosecutor asking the judiciary to assess whether the gesture of Fenati can configure any relevant criminal offenses, including that of attempted murder, and in the case proceed against him with the criminal action that will be deemed appropriate.

This was due for Fenati. What he did was absolutely unpardonable. Retirement and Criminal charges suit it perfectly too.

Moto 3 and Moto 2 riders are sometimes way more aggressive than permissible. Motogp has a more stringent rules towards irresponsible riding thanks to the speeds and dangers involved.

Fenati has retired from racing. Maybe he should switch to racing on 4 wheels, WRC type, where he can't be immediate threat to others!

Just to clarify:

Fenati is the guy who pulled the brake lever and has 'quit racing'.

Manzi (the ""victim"" in this brake pulling situation) is the one pictured doing all the bad stuff in Deetjohn's and AMG Power's posts!

Extremely poor displays of sportsmanship on both sides -- but one of them clearly seems to be a repeat offender.

EDIT: Nope, I'm half wrong! Sorry got confused between AMG Power's post (Manzi's earlier antics) & Deetjohn's (Fenati's) :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac187 (Post 4460658)
Fenati has retired from racing. Maybe he should switch to racing on 4 wheels, WRC type, where he can't be immediate threat to others!

He'd probably get-out of the car and throw stones from the roadside, if in WRC.

Someone seriously ought to check his brains.