Team-BHP - Maurizio Arrivabene to leave Ferrari's F1 team? EDIT: Denied
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Maurizio Arrivabene to leave Ferrari's F1 team? EDIT: Denied (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/202397-maurizio-arrivabene-leave-ferraris-f1-team-edit-denied.html)

According to a media report, Maurizio Arrivabene, team principal of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 team, could move to Juventus Football Club.

Maurizio Arrivabene to leave Ferrari's F1 team? EDIT: Denied-1d1d7d0b3c7b9059423e18e67510a06f.jpg

At present, Juventus is looking for a new general director. Exor, the holding company behind Ferrari and Juventus, has released a list of 9 candidates for the role with Juventus. Maurizio Arrivabene has been featured in the list.

Arrivabene took over as the team principal of Ferrari in 2014. Of late, he has been under pressure as the team has failed to win a championship. The 2018 World Drivers' Championship and World Constructors' Championship also appears to be slipping away from the team. With five races to go in the 2018 season, Mercedes leads Ferrari by 53 points in the Constructor's Championship.

In September 2018, Ferrari announced that it would replace Kimi Raikkonen with Charles Leclerc. It is said that the Scuderia board wanted to bring Leclerc into the team, while Arrivabene wanted to retain Raikkonen.

Source: Planet F1

Link to the Team-BHP News

Ferrari is one seriously disjointed team. Too many politics, and a turnover that's way too high. There is a reason why Ferrari hasn't won a driver's or constructor's championship in over a decade. The Schumacher era was their most successful, primarily because Jean Todt shielded Schumacher & Brawn from all the internal politics. That was truly a dream team.

An interesting discussion with some 'insider' inputs here.

The Juventus link is interesting, as Zidane is also being linked with an executive role. For Arrivabene, it'll be a move within the family if it happens (Agnelli family is a major shareholder in Juve, FIAT Chrysler and Ferrari).

Ferrari F1 have no stability, and it's no surprise they haven't won anything in a while. At the time, it looked like Alonso may have quit in haste at the wrong moment just when Ferrari were coming good, but every passing year vindicates his 'they'll always be nearly there without winning anything' POV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4472333)
Ferrari is one seriously disjointed team. T.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Vettel is getting frustrated as he needs to manage his strategy and drive at the same time. At Red Bull, all he needed to do was drive!

It was quite a tough task for Vettel to hope for this years Drivers championship considering how poorly they performed last year. If it did happen for Ferrari and Vettel it would have been a fairytale win.

This is the Italian media linking Arrivabene to Juventus. I wouldn't take it too seriously just yet. No mention of it on the serious websites so far.

Confirmation from Arrivabene himself:

Click here for story

Courtesy: PlanetF1

Looks like Maurizio will be staying after all.
Quote:

“I’m at Ferrari and my future will be at Ferrari,” said Arrivabene in Suzuka.

“I have been an exponent of the company’s Board of Directors for years and before taking up this position in Maranello, I had the delegation of control/risks.

“I am pleased to remain on the board, provided that the appointment is accepted at the next shareholders’ meeting, and I am honored, but my work remains here.”

Source: Arrivabene: Future with Ferrari, not Juventus

That said, from a career perspective, I like the options Maurizio has! lol:

Vettel is more than a driver for Ferrari - developing the car, media/sponsor appearances, Pirelli's tyre testing programme participation etc. If Ferrari could reach this level with the car, then without any doubt he deserves a lot of credit. Sebastian defending his team is well known.

How many times we have heard him talking to strategists and giving inputs during the race? Yes, other drivers do but there are instances where he make the calls and Ferrari strategists follow. Last race weekend at Sochi, Ferrari’s mis-timed FP3 final lap run, what if he would have missed the red light at pit exit? Everyone would blame the driver, but why sending him out in a tricky situation when team got all the required data’s. Ferrari should make their drivers life easy and that’s not the case.

Vettel have had made mistakes, but the point is he should be allowed to focus solely on his drive and not accountable for race operations and PR work for Tifosi’s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 4472432)
As I mentioned elsewhere, Vettel is getting frustrated as he needs to manage his strategy and drive at the same time. At Red Bull, all he needed to do was drive!

Adding to that the speculation that Leclerc has been moved to Ferrari in a 'future champion' role since they're losing faith in Vettel. We all know how his mood changed with Ricciardo went when he beat him in their only season as teammates.

For Arrivabene its just onto something new, as it's been mentioned its within the family for him, and with the way Ferrari's season has gone he probably could use the change of surroundings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4472333)
Ferrari is one seriously disjointed team. Too many politics, and a turnover that's way too high. There is a reason why Ferrari hasn't won a driver's or constructor's championship in over a decade. The Schumacher era was their most successful, primarily because Jean Todt shielded Schumacher & Brawn from all the internal politics. That was truly a dream team.

An interesting discussion with some 'insider' inputs here.

I agree completely. The trio of Todt, Brawn and Schumacher was amazing. The car and the strategy were almost flawless with these guys at the helm of affairs. The car that Vettel has today is a potential championship winning car but some of the strategy calls have been baffling to say the least. Mercedes are doing to Ferrari today what Ferrari did to everybody in that era. Ferrari needs to get someone like Toto on their team. That guy is a fox!

Obviously there is a division in the team, otherwise such a news wouldn't be floating in the media. It's no good for the team to have multiple people wanting to control the team and pull in different directions. It has basically derailed their 2018 campaign with possible spillover effect on to 2019.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKap (Post 4472694)
Ferrari needs to get someone like Toto on their team. That guy is a fox!

Toto is a fox in Wolff's clothing. ;)

Arrivabene: Future with Ferrari, not Juventus

Quote:

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene has said he has no intention of leaving the team for a new role with Serie A giants Juventus.
Quote:

“I’m at Ferrari and my future will be at Ferrari,” said Arrivabene in Suzuka.

“I have been an exponent of the company’s Board of Directors for years and before taking up this position in Maranello, I had the delegation of control/risks.

“I am pleased to remain on the board, provided that the appointment is accepted at the next shareholders’ meeting, and I am honored, but my work remains here.”
Source & Full Article

So I guess that's that for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 4472710)

Toto is a fox in Wolff's clothing. ;)

How did I not see that pun?? Good catch!