Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 21:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2018 Mexican Grand Prix

My 12 year old son has taken a liking for Formula 1 for the last couple of seasons! I stopped watching when Michael Schumacher retired for the first time. I still remember the Japanese grand prix, the last one when Schumi in his Ferrari overtook Kimi in his McLaren! I feel like such an old timer! Hamilton's victory has brought back the memories from the Michael Schumacher's dominant era!

Here's a little video my son made just before the start of the Mexican Grand Prix...

krivbel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 19:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is probably one the best gestures I have seen by any F1 driver. Vettel was quite gracious in defeat. Fine he shed a few tears, these drivers go through quite a program to complete one season in F1. It's natural that he is so gutted.

Seb visits LH and congratulates mercedes team in the de-brief room
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 10:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
This is probably one the best gestures I have seen by any F1 driver. Vettel was quite gracious in defeat. Fine he shed a few tears, these drivers go through quite a program to complete one season in F1. It's natural that he is so gutted.
Great gesture. Vettel carrying the burden of the Tifosi's expectations on his shoulders is similar to Tendulkar carrying the weight of India's expectations some years ago. It is never going to be easy. The drivers know this very well. That's why Hamilton tweeted in support of Vettel a few weeks ago.

Besides Michael Schumacher had Todt, Brawn and Byrne among others, who did their jobs as they were supposed to. Hamilton has Wolff and Bonnington. Vettel seems to have no one. After those four quick WDCs, such a lean patch will definitely be frustrating for him.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 10:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton might be the bigger racer at this moment but Vettel is the bigger person. Beyond the gestures last week, earlier in the season when Hamo shot his mouth over something or the press were hitting at Hamo during one of the interviews, Vettel stepped in to defend Lewis. I cant recollect when or where though.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 10:30   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

All hail the King!!
The championship was a bit anti-climactic. Not like the competition with Rosberg where it was touch and go (and finally go), or when they were decided passing by the Ferris wheel in suzuka. The season is not over, but the competition has finished in both MotoGP and F1.

Doesn't take anything away from Lewis, however. A worthy champion, and a lot of discussion from him and about him are lately peppered with Schumacher. I do think that he has set his eyes on what is to be done. The Ferrari may be closer next year, so he may not surpass those records in a couple of year. Even if the championship starts going down to the wire, I do feel that he will break the records in another 2-3 years, and will retire.

As long as he's here, though, lets rejoice!!
Old 1st November 2018, 12:15   #21
BHPian

[quote=ajmat;4488387Hamo during one of the interviews, Vettel stepped in to defend Lewis. I cant recollect when or where though.[/QUOTE]

Bahrain GP, A dutch journalist prodded Hamilton about him firing a swear word at Max Vestrappen. Vettel intervened and gave a sparkling response. One of the best moments in Formula 1 in 2018.

Seeing Vettel as a prodigy when teamed with Webber, but acting like a brat and then grow out of that image with such sportive, humble gestures makes you respect Vettel more.
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 00:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Hamilton might be the bigger racer at this moment but Vettel is the bigger person. Beyond the gestures last week, earlier in the season when Hamo shot his mouth over something or the press were hitting at Hamo during one of the interviews, Vettel stepped in to defend Lewis. I cant recollect when or where though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Bahrain GP, A dutch journalist prodded Hamilton about him firing a swear word at Max Vestrappen. Vettel intervened and gave a sparkling response. One of the best moments in Formula 1 in 2018.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks