Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 18:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Funny how most people here seem to think Kimi is outperforming Seb! Its only been in some races this year that Kimi has done better than Seb, possibly more because of the mistakes that Seb has made. I do not recall many races, except may be Monza and the U.S Grand Prix where Kimi outqualified and outraced Seb.

If you look at the last 4-5years, Kimi has been thoroughly and convincingly beaten by both Alonso and Seb. This year he is a lot closer to Seb, thats about it. But he lacks motivation big time. And if he did not have the motivation to drive in a Ferrari for the last 5 years, then how will he find it suddenly in a Sauber?

And you guys think Kimi in a Sauber is going to upset Seb in a Ferrari next year? Thats a joke! First the cars would be vastly different, I expect Sauber to be in the midfield and regularly compete in the top 10, much like Renault and Haas have been doing this year. But they would still have a massive gap to the top 3. That is the reality.

And to be fair, Kimi is a guy who does not indulge in any of these. He likes racing; people like him, he will come, race and just leave. No politics. If at all anything I expect him to feel mor at ease in the Sauber. And for sure Giovinazzi will be up there right with him. Do not rule out this guy. He has one thing that Kim does not. And that is motivation and the urge to prove himself.

Finally on Seb. Give this guy a break. He is human. Made more mistakes this year and I just feel so disappointed that Ferrari did not win the crown this year. I have been a huge Ferrari fan for the last 15 years and I was the same guy who celebrated thru the night when Kimi won it. So I think Seb should have done better. At least he should been a lot closer to Lewis. Right now if you look at the points gap, its massive and does not reflect the closeness of the cars.

But Seb is still the guy to back. I bet he will bounce back next year. And if Leclerc does beat him next year then Ferrari knows who to back and for sure Seb will be the first guy then to walk away from the sport.
Old 15th November 2018, 09:06   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2018 Brazilian GP

Gasly resisting hard to team orders despite hartley being quicker. Something to look out for when he joins Verstappen next year.

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks