Other highlights
  • Last race for Raikkonen with Ferrari - Moving to Sauber
  • Last race for Ricciardo with Red Bull - Moving to Renault
  • Last race for Ocon with Force India - Moving to Mercedes as Reserve driver
  • Last race for Sainz with Renault - Moving to McLaren
  • Last race for Leclerc with Sauber - Moving to Ferrari
  • Last race for Gasly with Toro Rosso - Moving to Red Bull
  • Last race for Stroll with Williams - Moving to Force India

I think it was also the last race for Force India as a team. Pretty sure they are going to have a new name next year.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2018 at 11:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post = inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 27th November 2018, 15:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Formula 1 : The 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Wonderful end to the season - really a grand show to sign-off for the year. And beautiful farewell for Fernando!

Happy to see the Hulkenberg walk off unscathed; though it has opened up debates on the halo.
Old 28th November 2018, 23:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

An excellent race at Abu Dhabi, reflecting the state of play all throughout the season. Hamilton usually had this habit of fading off once he won the title but this year he ensured he closed the last race as well.

Vettel put on a great fight but in the end Mercedes did have it covered. The decision to pit Hamilton early did look a bit dicey but in the end proved to be a well judged move. I believe that if it was not for Bottas' tyres and the mistake he made, Vettel would have been hard pressed to make up a place. Riccardo's fading challenge also indicated how tough it was on tyre wear.

I hope next year Ferrari come out stronger with Vettel and LeClerc who is an amazing driver. It's going to be an exciting year with some old guns like Hamilton, Vettel and Raikkonen mixed with exciting new talents like Verstappen and LeClerc.Would be interesting to see how the 2019 improvements spice up things too.

Sorry to see Alonso go off the way he did. Would have been a blast to see him in a much more competitive car. I hope he finds his way back after a couple of years in Indycar. Great gesture by Vettel and Hamilton!

So till March 2019 it's a break from posting my views and reading everyone's take on the races as well. This year I had a goal of writing a view on every race. Did miss a couple but am happy to have ticked off most of the races. Had a blast sharing my viewpoints with all of you guys and picking up stuff in the process as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by ajmat : 29th November 2018 at 00:43.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks