Team-BHP - The 2019 MotoGP championship thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   The 2019 MotoGP championship thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/205355-2019-motogp-championship-thread-4.html)

MM is in a diff league altogether.

Another masterclass from Marquez. Here's a fascinating review by Mat Oxley
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...4FBX9P,2EA6S,1

I feel that Fabio Quartararo will shine in his rookie season. Looks very promising.

Wow what a race, Danilo wins madien race, Ducati 1-3 and hard incredible race by Marquez. One of the best races in last couple of years

What a place to win your first race, amidst your home crowd. Italian winning on Italian bike in Italy.
Both Marquez and Petrucci were having flu last few days, what a way taking those podium places.
Marquez somehow manages to extend his thin lead in championship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm_arjuna (Post 4598102)
Wow what a race, Danilo wins madien race, Ducati 1-3 and hard incredible race by Marquez. One of the best races in last couple of years

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 4598107)
What a place to win your first race, amidst your home crowd. Italian winning on Italian bike in Italy.
Both Marquez and Petrucci were having flu last few days, what a way taking those podium places.
Marquez somehow manages to extend his thin lead in championship.

Assen 2018 still is the best race to me. That race had more than 100 overtakes and also 5 different race leaders and was thoroughly entertaining.

Coming to today's race, it was really entertaining too. Just when we though Marquez was going to get away and finish first yet again, the three Ducati bikes barged in and shook everyone, especially Marquez.

Dovizioso: Having started from 9th on the grid, he had a dream start to get to 3rd in the opening lap and kept gunning it. He made very few mistakes and he almost had the second place, if not for him being squeezed between Petrucci and Marquez that he had to let go - or crash out of the last lap.

Marquez: While I am in awe of his talent, it is only in races like these where he is put to test and has to fight tooth and nail to stay in the podium that I actually like him. Running away and winning with a 10 second advantage just kills the sport.

Rins: This man started 13th, and even the Suzuki factory team did not have much hopes for him, but boy what a ride he had. It was clearly the Suzuki and its lack of top speed that kept him away from the podium. He had all that it takes, and gave it his best shot. This season is certainly working out in his favour. Over to Suzuki now to get some top speed from that GSX-R

Petrucci: Whoa, it takes serious guts to barge into Marquez like that in the last lap and keep with the pressure. During the initial stages of the race, when he was leading now and then and showing poise, I dismissed him as yet another 'started well couldn't sustain till the end' type of rides we have seen several times in MotoGP. But boy, was I wrong? he produced a ride of a lifetime and clinched a thoroughly well deserved win :thumbs up

Jack Miller: Though his name wont feature on the charts today, he had a brilliant ride too. He was one of the three Ducati riders who put Marquez to the test today. Too bad that he crashed out towards the end of the race.

Rossi: Disaster on a different level - Qualified 18th on the grid, couldn't get a great start and moved to only 16th, had to go out of the track after a tiff with Joan Mir and joined the race again in the last place and finally crashed out. What a disappointment it would have been for him to have a horrid day in front of the home crowd like this. He has also dropped down on the Championship standing after this disaster!

Quartararo: He did really well to qualify 2nd, challenging Marquez. Had a really bad start and dropped to 9th on the first corner and couldn't recover much. He is a really promising talent, and on a good bike he should really do well.

Zarco: This man burnt his chances down with his move to KTM and came in 17th - the last man to finish the race. He was a really promising talent 2 years ago.

MotoGP is celebrating it's 70th anniversary this weekend. Hope Catalunya provide cracker of a race. We are into Ducati dominated circuits now until we reach Germany and Asia. Let's see how Honda Yamaha and Suzuki perform on these circuits.

Another pole for young Quartararo. He had an arm pump surgery less than 2 weeks back and puts the satellite Yam on pole! I guess he can be a rival for Marquez in years to come.

I have a gut feeling that tomorrow's race will be a good one for Rossi, a much needed change after the Mugello disaster.

What a dramatic race, Lorenzo gunning for lead took out Rossi Dovisiozo and Vinales. Well controlled race by Marquez, who in the end won comfortably. Finally Quartararo gets his first podium finishing second. Petrucci, completes the podium.
Quite eventful race, battle between Rins, Quartararo and Petrucci ; plenty of crashes here and there.

Marquez has made MotoGP boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vysakh (Post 4605351)
Marquez has made MotoGP boring.

I beg to differ. Apart from his dominant 2014 campaign, most of his championship were closely fought. Faults (Crashes) from the fellow riders provided Marquez the comfortable lead in the championship.
Even if Marquez zooms to comfortable first place, there is enough competition for the podium places.
Policy changes have made MotoGP super competitive, anything but boring.

Vinales wins the first race of season for Yamaha. Marquez continues to be in podium places, finishing second and extending his lead to 44 points. Rookie Quartararo again impresses with another pole and podium.
Rossi again crashed, and Lorenzo is out of action for at least a race.
If it continues the same, I think Quartararo will pick up Rossi's place next year, even if Rossi has next year's contract.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 4612805)
If it continues the same, I think Quartararo will pick up Rossi's place next year, even if Rossi has next year's contract.

I feel Rossi will retire at the end of the year if things continue like this and Quatararo will indeed join the factory team next year.

Barring major misfortune Marquez should be WC again this year. He really is from another planet.

Cheers

The 2019 MotoGP championship thread-d4b3nyxkaa_s_k.jpeg
That's 10 in a row at Sachenring across different class.
Championship contender Rins crashed out, so did rookie sensation Fabio.
Vinales looks to have got his rythm back, with back to back podium finishes.
Whats impressive is Crutchlow and Pettruci's performance, finishing 3rd and 4th. Crutchlow had a fractured Tibia, whereas Pettruci started 12th after a scary fast accident in qualifying.

Vinales did seem to have got the rhythm back, as he kept pushing with Cal Crutchlow all over his rear wheel. The Brit really tried his best despite his injury, but when he had a scary moment with 2 laps to go, he backed-off and settled for a very impressive 3rd. But, had Alex Rins not crashed out with the mistake, Cal would not have been standing on the podium. Alex looked really comfortable in 2nd place when he made a mistake and lost the front end, sad that it is the second consecutive race crash for him. Rossi looked really uncomfortable and could not catch the leading pack at all, when Joan Mir made moves on him, he had no answers! Only saving grace for the Doctor was that he managed to finish the race, after crashing out in the last three races.

But yes, the venue being Sachenring, no one looked as comfortable as the alien - Marquez. Marc Marquez set a pace that absolutely no one else could match right from the start, he was on his own and the Championship is already safely with him. Other Worldly talent for sure, and I heard the commentators say that he sets record 66 degrees of lean angle because he 'has to', since the 2019 Honda bike is much harder to turn and he uses all that he has to make it go around the track that fast. If true, then its simply brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 4617234)
Other Worldly talent for sure, and I heard the commentators say that he sets record 66 degrees of lean angle because he 'has to', since the 2019 Honda bike is much harder to turn and he uses all that he has to make it go around the track that fast. If true, then its simply brilliant.

Those were the words of Marc himself. According to him the bike isn't the easiest to turn, therefore he has lean the bike so much. 66 degree is incredible to watch.