Team-BHP - Ferrari F1 to get new team principal; Maurizio out
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Ferrari F1 to get new team principal; Maurizio out (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/205393-ferrari-f1-get-new-team-principal-maurizio-out-2.html)

There is an interesting article by Mark Hughes in motorsport magazine about this.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...riends-ferrari
According to the article, Maruzio had an autocratic style which was not suited for an F1 team. If this is true, it can only be better for Squderia that Mattia Binotto becomes the team principal.

It also mentions his run in with Sebastian. I wonder that resulted in No team orders to favor Seb in second half of the season. In any case 2019 will be a defining year for Sebastian. If he wins the title he will rise to Michael's stature (I have my doubts on this). Else after Maruzio Arrivabene, next in line to get the boot will be Seb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 4524413)
According to Andrew Benson.

Thanks for this. So 2018's failures were just an excuse. The article is slightly overboard comparing Binotto with Brawn, which I feel is premature.

The last thing they need now is a new team principal. If at all they need something changed, it should've been in the strategy department. 2018 looked like Ferrari was gaining momentum to at least challenge Merc, if not beat them. Wonder how the recent changes would affect this momentum. Having said that, I've heard good things about Binotto, so definitely looking forward to it.

Any idea if Maurizio is switching to a role elsewhere within the Ferrari group or is he totally out?

AutoSport team thinks this move is rather good for Ferrari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak86-cezN_c

Let's hope we have a strong Ferrari to take on a strong Mercedes in 2019.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 4524863)
Any idea if Maurizio is switching to a role elsewhere within the Ferrari group or is he totally out?

He is out. And the news around is that he is going to Juve.

Maurizio's departure will not take care of the demons within Scuderia Ferrari.

I think the strategists messed up and it's them that needs to go.
Also, Kimi's Race Engineer, although a long term colleague of his, needs to be given the boot for his communication ineffectiveness.
Then there was the whole drama of how their attempt to use team orders to deliberately make Kimi play the Wingman to Vettel instead of doing his best, resulted in Ferrari screwing up races for the pair.

Overall, Ferrari needs to be playing more offensively. Maybe they can take a page out of the current Manchester United playbook.

Cheers!

Yes Maurizio is now being labelled as a "frightened man, scared to take risks". Yes he has had a serious issue with Binotto. However, with Ferrari changing 4 team Principals in 5 years, it all looks and feels so amateurish.

Come summer break, Ferrari will lag behind Mercedes and hopefully not also Red Bull and the whole saga of how the team had to be restructured will start popping in the media.

Sorry for the rant Team BHP!!!:Frustrati

The top 10 biggest bombshells by Ferrari

Worth a read! Ferrari's ego and many other things coming the way of what could have been a successful pairing between Driver-Ferrari, Ferrari-management and other combinations and permutations.

URL source: F1.com

Joe Saward has an interesting take on the whole Arrivabene exit saga:

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21213

The last para is the killer:
Ferrari has now had four team principals in less than five years, which is perhaps something that the team owners need to think about in the future. In the same period, Mercedes has been run by the same person, Toto Wolff, who joined the team in January 2013. There is a lesson in that…

Quote:

Originally Posted by polopm (Post 4529838)
Joe Saward has an interesting take on the whole Arrivabene exit saga:

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21213

The last para is the killer:
Ferrari has now had four team principals in less than five years, which is perhaps something that the team owners need to think about in the future. In the same period, Mercedes has been run by the same person, Toto Wolff, who joined the team in January 2013. There is a lesson in that…

Precisely. If you look at Ferrari itself their longest title winning years were characterised by the stable leadership of Brawn, Todt and Schumacher. Small things matter at this level. I don't buy in to the criticism of either Sebastian or Arrivabene. In fact I felt Arrivabene provided a stable head and the team had a spring in it's step. Sebastian too for the most part did the right things and said the right things too. He was cany enough not to allow Hamilton's mind games get to him. A criticism of Arrivabene was his lack of strategic thinking at Monza and giving Kimi a free hand staying true to the agreement of the pole sitter dictating terms. Seriously? We need to make up our mind whether we want fair racing or championships won any which way. Mercedes criticism of Bottas was hilarious. Everytime he was in a winning position he had to gift the race to his teammate. And after all that he is supposed to have a winning brain. The fact that he even finished second is commendable given the repeated thrashing of his morale. Arrivabene did nothing of that sort keeping a spirit of cooperation going between his drivers.

The last 3 years were periods of getting back to playing the game at the topmost level against a team that was at that level for 4 years and had set processes and experience to boot. Small missteps, a slip in strategy, a mechanic not in the best mindset etc can take the game away. That is how competitive the game is at this level. A team principal has to go through every inch of the process down to what we might feel is silly details. What Ferrari should have done for 2019 is learn from their missteps and tighten their processes and game even further. To blame Arrivabene and hold him at fault for not winning the championship is extremely short sighted and counterproductive. However if Arrivabene himself has bought into the change and is stepping aside knowing that the team needs a leader capable of providing the next level of step up we can see a stronger Ferrari next year.

Anything else and Ferrari can prepare itself for third step in 2019. A positive that I see is that they brought up someone from within the team so there would be a continuity. As a Ferrari fan I am proud of what they achieved this year. I did not expect Mercedes to roll over and die suddenly anyway.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 4538172)
Precisely. If you look at Ferrari itself their longest title winning years were characterised by the stable leadership of Brawn, Todt and Schumacher. Small things matter at this level. ...
Anything else and Ferrari can prepare itself for third step in 2019. A positive that I see is that they brought up someone from within the team so there would be a continuity. As a Ferrari fan I am proud of what they achieved this year. I did not expect Mercedes to roll over and die suddenly anyway.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Ferrari should have realised how meticulous the German machine works. They are no longer against McLaren quirkiness or the Redbull aeros but a very balanced, methodical team with a great lead driver. This season will be a cracker for sure !

Ferrari also need another thing to match Mercedez. Money!! It is widely known that Mercedez's F1 budget is well higher than Ferrari. Ferrari have reported that recently that their F1 budget is significantly larger this year.

In other news, Sebastien has lost his race engineer.:Frustrati

Something about the two not getting along together. A screw driver and screw left in Vettel's cockpit just before race start.