Team-BHP - Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/207524-formula-1-2019-australian-grand-prix-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 4559782)
Sorry for being a dimwit but can only find 'Star Sports Select HD2' and inside Formula E and Bundesliga highlights. I am on 299/Year sports pack.

I have premium 999 membership. I see the "Star Sport Select HD2" live as well. Please see below
Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-1552647368321.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 4559782)
Sorry for being a dimwit but can only find 'Star Sports Select HD2' and inside Formula E and Bundesliga highlights. I am on 299/Year sports pack.

In Hotstar app, FP2 wasn't listed in the live sports events, and Star Sports Select HD 2 showed Bundesliga as scheduled program. But when playing the channel it was showing live FP2. Must have been a late change to the program listing.
I access Hotstar through TataSky app, don't know if that makes a difference.

Hotstar is acting weird! Its repeating clip of New Zealand vs Bangladesh for couple of seconds, and then get stuck without going live. I hope the glitch gets worked out.

Summary of the third practice session.

Hamilton fastest in FP3 by 0.264s and teammate Bottas in 7th
Vettel second from team-mate Leclerc
Haas pair 4th and 5th
The Red Bulls at 6th and 9th

I still think Mercedes and Ferrari hasn't shown their real pace yet. Have to wait till qualifying to find out.
Cheers!

Hamilton takes pole position ahead of teammate Bottas and Vettel. Verstappen stops Ferrari from locking out the second row with 4th place. Local boy Daniel Ricciardo will start from P12.

Ferrari was looking good until Q2. I thought they would be the ones taking the front row. Lets see what tomorrow has for us!

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-3fef02903cd443298537f39cf5ef1ef0_500.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-a2462a86532c41f9be4d055324a19164_500.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-e7abe6f6f8d34919aee1d9ca2ebc5287_500.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-f4837d43cf4c4c1c95b401e0c21841ab_500.jpg

The Mercedes just blew us to shreds! So much for the preseason drama. Norris did an amazing job with the Mclaren, pulling an 8th!!

Testing was fun while it lasted, see you next year - a honest Ferrari fan

2019 Australian Grand Prix: Qualifying Highlights

An exciting qualifying that was. And raise a glass to Lando Norris - what a way to announce yourself in Formula 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMbxRkymoaY

I always look forward to the start of the season. And the first qualifying, the first race, all have a special feeling. For my weekend schedule too it's important as everything gets scheduled around qualifying and race timings.:D And what a start to the 2019 season. After all the speculation surrounding the testing form, where Ferrari looked to have built their 2018 car into the front runner, it's Mercedes who has drawn first blood. More than the fact that they are P3, what would be worrying for Ferrari would be the 7 tenth gap they have to the Silver Arrows which in Formula 1 is substantial. Seems like the heat did not suit the Ferrari's. Also as per Vettel the loss is more in the turns and the low to mid speed sections.

What is heartening to see is the young talent. Leclerc who had the measure of his more illustrious team mate till Q3, Albon for Torro Rosso Gioviazzani for Sauber and most of all Lando Norris for McLaren whose Q3 performance was surely a soothing balm for the team who have been put through the grinder for the last four years

HaaS has fired an early challenge at Renault with both the HaaS cars qualifying best of rest at 6 and 7. Looks like the Honey Badger and the Hulk have their work cut out. Surprised to see Raikkonen at P9 though. This shows that Leclerc's work with the Sauber last year was no flash in the pan and is signs of the kid having some serious talent. Speaking of talent we have our old young dog Verstappen upto his usual place, between the Ferraris and potentially being a thorn in Vettel's side. Race start on the second row of the grid is going to be interesting.

Vettel won the race from third last year, though it was due to Ferrari playing the better strategy in the virtual safety car period. The mid field this year looks closer this year with less than 0.9s separating the field from P6 to P15 allowing for potential incidents running into turn 1.

The first race tomorrow will give us an inkling into which cars use their tyres better, potential reliability issues and whether qualifying pace is matched by race pace.

Drive on,
Shibu.

A great start to the season and a great race by Bottas.
This will be a cracker of a season with the top 3 teams battle for the glory along with the very tight midfield battle.

Well. Certainly didn't see that coming. That one extra point matters more to drivers than teams. They want that "inconsequential" extra point. And they want their name as the fastest driver on that day to be known. Super healthy for the season, and adds a little extra bit of fun to the race.

A gut punch for the Ferrari fans. What a disappointing race! Not competitive at all. As usual Ferrari strategy of pitting Seb early was questionable and really CLC should have taken that 4th place from him.

Bottas, way to bounce back after a difficult year. Dude was in a league of his own. Dominant race from him. Made everyone look slower including Hamilton which says a lot. Hopefully, he becomes an early championship contender and becomes more than a roadblock this year.

The extra point for fastest lap made things really interesting towards the end, didn't it? With Max, Bottas and Hamilton going for the extra point. Again Ferrari missed a trick by not pitting LeClerc towards the end and going for the extra point for fastest lap as the commentators were suggesting. Seems like not much has changed in terms of Ferrari strategy.

Also Ricciardo retiring just as Max overtook Seb for 3rd position has to hurt his fans.

Perfect Finn
This is what is expected of Valterri ! Brilliant job, cracker of a day for him.
Ferrari looks clueless, helpless, and they are doing it again. By not letting Leclerc pass Vettel purely on merit, will in some way hamper the young man's confidence. The way it did to Bottas, the way it did to Kimi for seasons. Ferrari should just let them race.
Again, strategy was the key in the race. Those who went longer on the first stint, got helped. Case in point Stroll, Kvyat where they started much lower than their teammates.
Dismal day for both the British teams, both out of points.
Again Aussie despair!
First race and Mercedes has double the amount of points than Ferrari.
It looks like everyone wants the point, and were adamant to get it! It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference. Imagine, world championship decided by one point.

BORING.

I stopped watching/following F1 for a long time and the Netflix series "Drive to survive" rekindled my interest. But nothing much has changed.

Mercedes leads the pack like they were racing in a different track than the others.
Ferrari playing catch-up.
Dan has replaced Alonso in terms of choosing the wrong team and has been a let down the whole weekend.

I'd watch the "Drive to survive" Season2 next year if there's one. The mid field had better drama.

This is so embarrassing to watch, +3 laps for Williams.

Maybe a strong message to switch focus to next season or take a break from F1.

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix-williams.jpg

Source: Formula 1