Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/207524-formula-1-2019-australian-grand-prix.html)

ferrarirules 13th March 2019 14:30

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix

8 Attachment(s)
FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019

Attachment 1858916

Attachment 1858913

Attachment 1858914

Attachment 1858915

Track Layout

Attachment 1858919

Track Information

Attachment 1858918

Timings

Attachment 1858917

Tyre Selection

Attachment 1858920

Additional Information

Formula1 is back!!!!!!!. Formula 1 starts at Melbourne as usual this coming weekend. With raft of changes made in the technical regulations to make it easier for cars to follow other cars. There have been a wide variety of concepts coming up for front wings, rear wings or be it the power unit packing. Only time will tell which concept is the best of the rest.

Coming to the top three teams

Mercedes - They haven't looked that comfortable in the preseason testing with Lewis claiming that they are trailing Ferrari. They have gone for a radically different front wing concept in comparison to other teams. They are still running a low rake car. Friday practice will give some idea on the real pace advantage or disadvantage Merc has.

Ferrari - Lelerc joins the team. He is a young with his second year in F1 and he had stellar debut with Sauber last year. It will be interesting to see how the Vettel-Leclerc dynamic works out. Mattia Binotto takes over a team principal from Maurizio. Hopefully this works out for Ferrari's good and their techincal department doesn't suffer due to Mattia taking a bigger role

Redbull- This marks a start of their partnership with Honda. So now they have been a works team from engine standpoint rather than being a customer team. From the reliability stand point, Honda fared really well in the tests. And both the drives reported that initial feeling about the engine and the car is good.

Rest of the teams - The gap to front teams seems to have reduced and it really difficult to chose the best of the rest. Haas, Renault look promising but then Racing Point, Alfa Romeo, Torro Rosso don't seem far off.

All in all, It is going to be an exciting first race of the season.

For further information - https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2019/Australia.html

Race and all other sessions would be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2

Image Credits - Motorsport.com/ LAT Images, Pirelli and Formula1.com

tharian 14th March 2019 09:08

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix

1 Attachment(s)
Sadly, just days before the season opener, F1 race director Charlie Whiting has passed away this morning in Melbourne.

Source- F1 Instagram

GTO 14th March 2019 09:59

I hate morning races, but hey, this is the start of the season so clap:clap:. Ferrari has definitely closed the gap. They actually had last year too, but mistakes by Vettel & the team (in equal measure) blew their shot at the championship. Really looking forward to seeing how Leclerc races and if he can match Vettel (or beat him like Daniel??).

Cheers to good racing and a season-long fight between Mercedes & Ferrari.

swissknife 14th March 2019 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4558919)
Sadly, just days before the season opener, F1 race director Charlie Whiting has passed away this morning in Melbourne.

Source- F1 Instagram

Sad to know the passing away of a great person. He systematically ran the F1 races for over 20 years as Race Director. A thankless job. His decision making and organising skills were excellent. Well done Charlie. You will be missed. RIP.

One wonders who may run the races going forward, at least in the immediate? Herbie Blash? His trust worthy deputy till recently?

ferrarirules 14th March 2019 14:32

Quote:

Source- F1 Instagram

Really sad news!!! Charlie was one of the big pillars of F1. He had been running these races like clock work year in year out. It will be difficult to fill in his shoes.

SilentEngine 15th March 2019 00:53

Quote:

Source- F1 Instagram

Very sad to hear this. He has been an integral part of every race in last couple of decades! He will definitely be missed during races especially when drivers/teams complain on radio.

Knight_Kar 15th March 2019 08:36

Quote:

Very sad news indeed. He had a long run at Formula 1, more than 30 years!

The numbers after FP1 seem promising for an exciting race, with Vettel and Leclerc hot at Hamiltons heels. A very strong performance from Raikkonnen as well, the best of the rest!

SR71-Blackbird 15th March 2019 11:11

Will the qualifying and race be available on hotstar?
I have a hotstar sports premium account and I can't find the practice sessions there! :Frustrati

tharian 15th March 2019 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird (Post 4559638)
I have a hotstar sports premium account and I can't find the practice sessions there! :Frustrati

Practice is not shown usually. The live qualifying and race will be available on Hotstar.

SilentEngine 15th March 2019 11:39

Formula 1: The 2019 Australian Grand Prix

Quote:

It's on Star Sports Select HD 2

KL01toKA03 15th March 2019 12:14

It is interesting to see Lance Stroll finish ahead of Perez in both practice sessions. Are these timings indicative of race/qualification pace, or are the teams still trying to figure out the best setups for their cars and drivers?

ferrarirules 15th March 2019 12:20

Quote:

It was there on Hotstar. You should have gone to channels and selected live "Star Sports Select HD2". I was just watching P2 on that.

On the Practice sessions, Mercedes has thrown the gauntlet. 8 tenth faster than the rest. Ferrari and Redbull were matched on the pace. Now it remains to be seen if Ferrari and Redbull are sandbagging or that's their true pace. Kimi did well to be best of the rest.

Scorpion 10 15th March 2019 15:31

Saturday’s qualifiers will give a clear picture whether Ferrari and Redbull are sandbagging, wish they are and it was a one lap pace from Mercedes. If not, another season to forget for F1 fans.

One thing for sure, all rookies are not Max Verstappen. Perhaps, too early to comment on this.

And Honda's power unit, maybe reliable but not bullet proof.

akshay380 15th March 2019 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarirules (Post 4559681)
It was there on Hotstar. You should have gone to channels and selected live "Star Sports Select HD2". I was just watching P2 on that.

Sorry for being a dimwit but can only find 'Star Sports Select HD2' and inside Formula E and Bundesliga highlights. I am on 299/Year sports pack.

Scorpion 10 15th March 2019 16:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 4559782)
Sorry for being a dimwit but can only find 'Star Sports Select HD2' and inside Formula E and Bundesliga highlights. I am on 299/Year sports pack.

Star Sports Select 2 and Star Sports Select 2 HD broadcasting Australian Grand Prix in India.

Attachment 1859356

Source: Star Sports