Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2019, 15:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mick Schumacher to test for Ferrari & Alfa Romeo in Bahrain

The Schumacher name has moved a step closer to making a stunning return to Formula 1 racing with the news that Mick, son of seven-time champion Michael, will turn the wheel of a modern-day F1 car for the first time when he drives for Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in next week's post-race Bahrain test.

Mick Schumacher to test for Ferrari & Alfa Romeo in Bahrain-1017236641fre2019012019roc00314.jpg
Image Source: Racer.com

Quote:
Schumacher Jnr is making a rapid rise up the motorsport ladder, winning eight races and 14 podiums on his way to the European F3 title last year, before signing a deal to drive for Prema Racing in F2 – the feeder series to F1 – for this season.

The 20-year-old then followed in his father’s footsteps by joining the Ferrari family earlier this year, earning a place on the legendary Italian squad’s driver academy. And it’s that move which has opened the door for an F1 test.

Schumacher will drive for Ferrari on the first day of the two-day test in Bahrain, that begins on Tuesday after the Grand Prix at Sakhir, before taking the wheel of the Alfa Romeo on Wednesday.
News Source.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2019 at 14:35. Reason: Removing the bold tags
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:34   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mick Schumacher to test for Ferrari & Alfa Romeo in Bahrain

The title really, really made me . M Schumacher is the last driver I've truly supported & loved. To have junior in a Ferrari F1 car makes one incredibly emotional.

He has been quick, no doubt, but I don't think his run has been spectacular (was just average until the latter half of last season). All eyes will be on how he does in the test. The pressure on him - with his father's name - will be huge. Wishing him good luck .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

A massive improvement in the second half which ended up in him winning the 2018 European F3 championship. He has a F2 drive this year as well.

I see him steer an Alfa Romeo F1 car next year. Maybe alongside Kimi Raikkonen. Its great to have the Schumacher name associated with Ferrari again.
Fullrevs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 19:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The title really, really made me . M Schumacher is the last driver I've truly supported & loved. To have junior in a Ferrari F1 car makes one incredibly emotional.

He has been quick, no doubt, but I don't think his run has been spectacular (was just average until the latter half of last season). All eyes will be on how he does in the test. The pressure on him - with his father's name - will be huge. Wishing him good luck .
If/when Mick makes it to F1, we will be treated to the initials MSC again.

I just hope wherever and however Michael is, he is able to fully absorb the joy of his son landing a seat in the sport he introduced into millions of homes across the world.

Keep fighting, Michael.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks