Team-BHP - Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/209141-formula-1-2019-spanish-grand-prix.html)

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA 2019

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-start.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-ham.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-2018formula1ferrarisf71hv41080.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-max.jpg

Timings

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-timinig.jpg

Track Layout

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-track-layout.jpg

Track Information

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-track-information.jpg

Tyre Allocation

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-tyre.jpg

Additional Information

Formula1 is back in Europe to begin the European leg of the season. It has been a Mercedes rout in the first 4 races with Ferrari strategy or car falling apart in the last 4 races.

Coming to the top three teams

Mercedes - Strongest season start that they have ever had. Four 1-2 finishes in 4 races is huge that is "Ferrari of 2002/2004".

Ferrari - Dismal start to the season be it reliability or be it strategy. They have found a gem of a racer as Charles Leclerc. All i would say for him "Uska time aayega".

Redbull - Their marriage with Honda has been off to a good start. They have a good chassis and engine power in race trim. The reliability is not bad so they are there in the fight.

Rest of the teams - Surprisingly the two strongest mid field teams of 2018 - Renault and Haas are struggling big time. Teams like Mclaren and Alfa Romeo has closed the gap and performing better. This is not good news for Riccardo who was wanting to be part of Renault resurgence

For further information - https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2019/Spain.html

Race and all other sessions would be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2

Image Credits - Motorsport.com/ LAT Images, Pirelli and Formula1.com

Ferrari is bringing its engine upgrade as per the reports.
Ferrari had a good time in the pre season testing at catalunya circuit, hope this engine upgrade propel them to first win. They need a series of double podium finishes to pull back points from Mercedes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 4586004)
Ferrari is bringing its engine upgrade as per the reports.
Ferrari had a good time in the pre season testing at catalunya circuit, hope this engine upgrade propel them to first win. They need a series of double podium finishes to pull back points from Mercedes.

Nothing new, Ferrari seems to be strong in pre season testing and qualifying only when the 5 lights go for some strange reason they get cold feet and mess everything up including strategies as well. They need to get their act in place and stop team orders to Leclerc and let the strong car lead the attack.

As a Mercedes fan, I am happy that the team is off to such a strong start. It is also good to see Bottas fighting it out with Hamilton as he should.

What has been rather disappointing is the lack of a challenge from the other teams. Ferrari has had opportunities, but has blown them consistently. Hope they manage to turn things around quickly, especially with the upgrades they are bringing. I also hope they let Leclerc off the proverbial leash.

Red Bull is always improving and they have a very fast and aggressive driver in Verstappen. If Ferrari don't pull up their socks, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Vettel in the dust.

Lastly, good to see McLaren in the upper half of the points stable even though they are miles off the top three.

Off topic, the Brazilian grand prix will be moving from Sao Paulo to Rio next year, at a brand new circuit designed by Tilke.

FP1 results.

As usual Ferrari looks stronger on Friday. In the mid field, Haas seems to have brought significant upgrades.

Formula 1: The 2019 Spanish Grand Prix-q1.jpg

The fireworks has started. Hammy boy has laid down the gauntlet for Bottas...

Link

Drive on,
Shibu.

Practice results have almost been irrelevant as a judgement for what we can see on Saturday's and especially on Sunday's. Hopefully Ferrari's upgrades bring them into a position to challenge the Silver Arrows up front or we could possibly in for an all silver 2016 repeat. Catalunya has that massive straight that could play to Ferrari's power advantage.

I think even the Hamilton v Bottas battle will heat up with Hamilton going on record to say he will give no quarter to his team mate, should be interesting.

Ferrari fans have reason to rejoice! Ferrari has conceded FP2 to Mercedes to focus on winning the race.

I hope this translates into a better setup for the race and qualifying. They were slated to bring an engine update in Barcelona.

Drive on,
Shibu

Another Mercedes front row! And in Catalunya where Ferrari were allegedly half a second faster than anyone else in preseason practice.:Frustrati

Stunning lap from Bottas! Pole position 0.634 seconds clear of Hamilton in second, marvellous performance! The Mercs are still in a league of their own compared to the Ferrari's. The race start could be interesting though as there's a long run up to turn 1 with a lot of tow available.

What a lap from Bottas! 0.8 secs faster than Hamilton. This is shaping up to be a fascinating contest and expect more whining from Hammy baby. I'm rooting for Bottas after Ferrari this year. The start is going to be mega with Bottas having displayed a certain weakness at launch in the last couple of races.

The SF90 did not like the last sector with Vettel losing eight tenths there on the first run in Q3, having lead the last two sectors from the Mercs. With Verstappen splitting the two reds, Ferrari has it's task cut out for it tommorrow. Perhaps the battle of the team-mates in front might give Vettel a chance to grab the lead. However even with that, Ferrari never seem to have the pace to beat the Mercs in the race once they have grabbed the race.

Leclerc I feel is trying too hard to go one up on his team-mate. He should take a pointer from Bottas, take this year to settle down and support his team rather than compromise his race with these errors, two in as many races. It's in-experience I guess but he losing out in it. Leaves very little incentive for Ferrari to prioritise his strategy in the race as it is.

Another interesting thing that I noted as the aerodynamic creativity unleashed on the sides of the cars especially on the barge boards after the front axle. A couple of drivers were complaining about it being difficult to follow cars ahead. The constant pitting of wits between the engineers and the FIA rules is something that has always fascinated me in F1.

Lando Norris was awesome today, just missing out from Q3 by 4 tenths. What a difference from the McLaren of last year!!

Drive on,
Shibu.

Waited for Ferrari to unleash its full 'GO'. They have a reputation of going soft on Day 1. I am surprised that they did not do better. At least Row 1 and 2. What happened that Leclerc got demoted to Row 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4587771)
What happened that Leclerc got demoted to Row 3.

He had damaged the floor in Q2 by running wide over the kerbs, which impacted his further runs.
This race too doesn't look promising for Ferrari. Mercedes have superior race pace, so does Red Bull Honda.

Mercedes too strong through the slow corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHsKnrOCQw

Massive advantage of almost a second in the third sector which is full of slow corners.

Mercedes all set for their 5th consecutive 1-2 of the season unless Hamilton and Bottas take each other out at the end of the start finish straight like in 2016 (with Rosberg and Hamilton).

Thankfully Bottas 2.0 is good enough to keep this championship race of 2019 somewhat interesting. Wouldn't mind a 2016 like Silver arrow drama and fight.