Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 16:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix

Vettel is nowadays behaving more and more of a crybaby when things are not going his way, which is happening almost all the time now.

He is a four time world champion and should be ashamed to even say "I had nowhere to go". Anyone who has seen the race and later analysed the videos can see there was more than enough space to rejoin the track safely, BUT, he would have had to slow down which means Hamilton would have easily gone through. He deliberately went wide to push Hamilton into the wall and not lose the place. The stewards (anybody who is unbiased) saw through his plan and penalized him - simple.

In fact, I am going one step further than anyone. The rant on the radio may be ignored as that would be in the heat of the moment. But, after the fact, he had enough time to cool down, still, he hugely disrespected the Stewards and the FIA by his stupid infantile act of changing the placement boards for Hamilton's car. He should have penalty points on his license for this too to set a precedent against such stupid behavior.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 12th June 2019 at 10:15. Reason: Typos
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 21:33   #47
BHPian

Vettel's lucky the way it worked out really. If he had have given Hamilton enough room he wouldn't have got a penalty, but Hamilton would have taken the lead and won the race and all the discussion would now solely be about Vettel cracking under pressure again and throwing away a win (apart from the inevitable few trying to claim Hamilton was unsporting taking advantge of vettel's error : ).
Chalu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 13:18   #48
BHPian

With this penalty precedent, if a driver finds himself off track/grass in the first corner of a race, he should wait for all the grid to get past before rejoining. Anything else and he would be rejoining in an unsafe way and gaining a lasting advantage.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 16:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
With this penalty precedent, if a driver finds himself off track/grass in the first corner of a race, he should wait for all the grid to get past before rejoining. Anything else and he would be rejoining in an unsafe way and gaining a lasting advantage.
Is that your interpretation of the law? Or the law itself?
VaidhiR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 19:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Safety takes precedence over everything! It's why the FIA has made rules, it's for everyone's benefit, drivers and marshall's. Any driver who goes off the track anytime, first corner or last, it's his responsiblity to rejoin in a safe manner so as to not jeopardize anyone else. If he has to wait (in the interest of safety) till the entire grid is thru, so be it.

This has always been the case as far as I remember and no one is exempt. Each circumstance in a racing incident is different, that's why there are Stewards appointed at every race. If this discipline is not enforced strictly there will be severe consequences.

Cheers
Old 13th June 2019, 08:11   #51
Team-BHP Support

The following link articulates the reason for the penalty in detail.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...anada/4461461/

Summarising

Quote:
Vettel was adamant that he had done nothing wrong, and said that he had been powerless in the situation as his car had been out of control after running over the grass.

But while it is clear from on board footage that Vettel was battling to regain control of his car after bouncing across the grass, it is understood that the stewards' decision was based on actions that Vettel took once he had got going again.

The stewards examined slow motion footage of Vettel's actions from the moment that he had regained control and started steering his car – and it was felt that it showed that the German could have chosen a different path than the one he took.

The footage clearly captures Vettel correcting an oversteer moment as he rejoins the track – which is shown by a sharp steering wheel movement to the right by the German.

Shortly after that, however, Vettel has dispatched the oversteer and begins steering to the left to follow the direction of the circuit - suggesting he is now under control.

But a split moment later, rather than keeping to the left, Vettel is shown to release the steering wheel which allows his car to drift to the right – cutting off the route that Hamilton would have taken had he had clear space.

The movement to straighten the wheel, which put Vettel into the path of Hamilton, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

A further reason the stewards established was through the use of an extra CCTV camera view of the incident, which was not broadcast on the international feed, showing Vettel's head looking in the mirrors at where Hamilton was during these moments when he was releasing the wheel to the right.
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 21:26   #52
BHPian

I'm sure Vettle is looking to move back to Red Bull. He spends alot of him hanging out there and is still close to Marko. He seems to have lost his mojo being at Ferrari and would want to relive his glory days.

Pierre Gasly is clearly off pace so he could be moved down back to TR.

Coming to Canada, I think it's the first race in 18 seasons that I have willingly missed. It's just how f1 is these days, there is barely any racing happening and more management happening. So the highlights did the job for me this time.
Knowall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 11:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
I'm sure Vettle is looking to move back to Red Bull. He spends alot of him hanging out there and is still close to Marko. He seems to have lost his mojo being at Ferrari and would want to relive his glory days.

Pierre Gasly is clearly off pace so he could be moved down back to TR.

Coming to Canada, I think it's the first race in 18 seasons that I have willingly missed. It's just how f1 is these days, there is barely any racing happening and more management happening. So the highlights did the job for me this time.

With Max Vestrappen being the top dog and future for Redbull, I doubt Sebastian Vettel will walk into lions den. Thats going to tarnish his brand further. He will either continue in Ferrari or retire. Speed wise he seems to be on par with Charles Leclrec so I think he will continue in Ferrari another 2 years after his current contract runs out.

Now a days I just watch the start of the GP and if its merc 1, 2 and then see the highlights.

The discussions about the race is far more interesting than the race itself.

I especially like the reports written by Mark Hughes in https://www.motorsportmagazine.com it has awesome detail.
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 12:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
With Max Vestrappen being the top dog and future for Redbull, I doubt Sebastian Vettel will walk into lions den.
I am hoping for a seat exchange between Mercedes and Ferrari. Lewis to be red and Seb to be Silver.

Last edited by manson : 18th June 2019 at 16:00. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 14th June 2019, 13:40   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
I am hoping for a seat exchange between Mercedes and Ferrari. Lewis to be red and Seb to be Silver.
Actually i could see it playing out like this:

Max to Mercedes
Lewis to Ferrari
Seb back to Red bull.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 10:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Max to Mercedes
Lewis to Ferrari
Seb back to Red bull.
I think Max will replace Bottas at Mercedes.

However I don't see Lewis moving anywhere. He is gonna try to break Schumys world title record before he makes any moves and i'm sure he knows that the Mercedes is the best car for him to be able to do it.

Seb and LeClerc will be in Ferrari at least for another year before Seb possibly being replaced by Alonso

Last edited by ajmat : 18th June 2019 at 10:57. Reason: typo
Old 18th June 2019, 11:00   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
I think Max will replace Bottas at Mercedes.

However I don't see Lewis moving anywhere. He is gonna try to break Schumys world title record before he makes any moves and i'm sure he knows that the Mercedes is the best car for him to be able to do it.

Seb and LeClerc will be in Ferrari at least for another year before Seb possibly being replaced by Alonso
Max to Mercedes will create the Hamilton/Alonso ego clashes that disrupted the McLaren team. A Riccardio/Lewis combo would be great IMHO. Both aggressive but calm temperament.
Old 18th June 2019, 13:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Max to Mercedes
Lewis to Ferrari
Seb back to Red bull.

I doubt if Seb wants to get back to Red bull, He might look at moving to sliver arrows or retire with Ferrari. Will Ferrari gamble with Lewis or take another young talent, Mick Schumi on board to partner Leclerc.

Last edited by manson : 18th June 2019 at 16:00.
Old 19th June 2019, 11:00   #59
BHPian

It ain't over yet. Ferrari have invoked right to review for the decision of the Canadian GP.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...oOOiTB22b.html
Quote:
Competitors can trigger Article 14, titled Right of Review, if "a significant and relevant new element is discovered which was unavailable to the parties seeking the review at the time".

Then the stewards "must meet (in person or by other means) on a date agreed amongst themselves, summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them".

It remains unclear what new elements Ferrari are going to present, with a team spokesperson saying: "Due to the sensitivity of the matter we are not giving any further details."

The FIA must now agree a date and time to assess the new material and explanations.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 19th June 2019 at 11:01.
Old 22nd June 2019, 00:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

The FIA have rejected Ferrari’s right to review the Sebastian Vettel’s Canadian Grand Prix time penalty after the Italian team presented what they claimed was new evidence.
Quote:
Additional evidence supplied by Ferrari was in the form of video and images, including Sky F1 pundit Karun Chandhok’s observations after the race . But these were dismissed as a personal opinion and not considered to be hard facts.
Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-can_doc_48__right_of_review_decision_page_1.jpg

Source: https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/06...ght-to-review/
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed