Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 20:21   #16
BHPian

Formula 1; British Grand Prix at Silverstone

What a race, action throughout. Hamilton one can say got lucky but he was right in there with unrelenting pressure on Bottas. Fastest lap on hard compound tires at the end was cherry on the top.

Max as usual was entertaining and fun to watch. He is my pick for the future.

And Charles what a driver he turning out to be almost making Vettel look amateur.

Vettel has to get his mind right not that he is short of talent.

PS: I subscribed hot star for this race since there was no live telecast and I am glad. The race was worth every rupee.

Last edited by tazmaan : 14th July 2019 at 20:25.
Old 14th July 2019, 20:49   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix

Best race this season, with lots of action.
I also subscribed for hotstar just for the race, without the ads it's worth every penny.

What a final lap by Hamilton on 32+ lap old tire to get the faster lap.

I think redbull car still has the best chassis and have have the best grip, no wonder Mercedes and Ferrari won't supply them with a engine. But Honda is steadily improving.
Old 14th July 2019, 21:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Epic!! With Leclerc and Verstappen really putting on a show and Leclerc proving that he is no pushover to Verstappen. Every defensive move, every nudge he gave Verstappen was and ode to Verstappen's "hard racing". For once the stewards had no answer having backing themselves into a veritable corner with their decisions. And rightly so. They need to keep out of such squabbles. This is what we wanna see.

Leclerc was the deserving driver of the day.

Bottas at the start had a version of the Leclerc v/s Verstappen battle at the front. Great race craft by the Finn.

It's a shame that the race had to be decided by the safety car in the end.

Vettel's mistake? The way I see it he tried his luck having been beaten for pace on by the RB and came a cropper but ensured Ferrari came up on top. But the move started earlier when he tried to get the inner line into the corner and Verstappen blocked that move. Then he switched to the inside and it had the Riccardo v/s Verstappen tangle written all over. Loss of downforce, locked wheels yada yada. Verstappen moved ever so slightly to the right to close Vettel down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
I think redbull car still has the best chassis and have have the best grip, no wonder Mercedes and Ferrari won't supply them with a engine. But Honda is steadily improving.
The genius about the chassis is that it seems it can easily live with a lot more power and still be on the money in the corners.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 14th July 2019, 21:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

One of the better races this season, not from the perspective of who is going to win, cause that was with Mercedes by a long margin.
The battle between Leclerc and Max was fantastic to watch, I hope to watch these two battle it out in the coming years. Leclerc was under constant pressure and did not put a foot wrong. Max too was relentless, even in the pit lane!

Im a hardcore Ferrari fan and have been supporting them for the last 15 years or so, and in that course of time developed liking and respect for Vettel when he joined Ferrari. He was supposed to be the baby schumi who would have brought back glory to the team! But looking at the kind of mistakes he has been making over the last 2 years, its hard to sort of empathise with him or think he will turn it around. Im guessing he is past that stage now, making mistakes almost every 2nd or 3rd race. Just look at the British Grand Prix this evening, on one hand you had leclerc fighting it out every inch without making a mistake and on the other hand a veteran like Vettel just rams in to Max. No excuses for a lot of recent mistakes that he has been making. If he continues his current wretched form, he might as well retire end of the year. I do not think Ferrari are going to win next year since the regulations remain the same as this year and it would be another year of disappointment for Vettel. Rather, just move on when he can.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 00:30   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome race! Verstappen and Leclerc continued from where they left in Austria.

Bottas was unlucky and his fight with Hamilton during the initial laps were excellent. Hope he can do this consistently.

Vettel cracks under pressure again.

Here is the link to highlights of this race.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 08:34   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix

Hamilton sure was all over Bottas' car - how was he so much quicker in the early laps than Bottas?

Just a tip, guys = don't blindly trust Google. It was showing the start time as 1940 hours (when the race began an hour before ). Almost missed it.
Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix-20190714-18.53.03.jpg
Old 15th July 2019, 09:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Just a tip, guys = don't blindly trust Google. It was showing the start time as 1940 hours (when the race began an hour before ). Almost missed it.
Strange since i also use this feature to find the race time. It was showing 6:40 for me (yesterday and doubled checked now)

Maybe some special/incorrect setting in your browser?

Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix-3918fe12a0f843cd9522ee38f3888a1c.png
Old 15th July 2019, 09:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just a tip, guys = don't blindly trust Google. It was showing the start time as 1940 hours (when the race began an hour before ). Almost missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Strange since i also use this feature to find the race time. It was showing 6:40 for me (yesterday and doubled checked now)

Maybe some special/incorrect setting in your browser?

One hour difference usually happens because of wrong time zone settings or wrong DST calculation. Better to check if your phone has correct time zone setup.

Earlier F1 app had an option download entire F1 calendar to our phones. That used to work great! Strangely it seems to be missing in the newer app.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 10:18   #24
BHPian

WHAT A RACE !!! Right from the start with Lewis pushing Bottas until lap 10, getting an overtake done but again losing it. MAX vs LEC Part 2, RIC vs NOR, GAS vs LEC and then MAX vs VET . If someone wanted a follow-up race to Austria, this was the perfect one. All in all, I am quite happy that Lewis won the race, many would say luck blah blah, he was faster and he deserved it. Although I would have wanted him to beat BOT on track.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th July 2019 at 12:05. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 15th July 2019, 10:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Full-on entertainment from the 1st lap! The way Hamilton was pushing Bottas from the start showed how much he wanted this win on his home race. And then he clinched the fastest lap point as well! Leclerc, Max, Riccardo, Vettel – all managed a few talking points.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:41   #26
BANNED

An enjoyable race with a lot of action. My tuppence worth, Honda engines have arrived. On reason of Vettels anger could have been these. He correctly got docked 10s for his efforts. See Nos 4 & 5 were Honda powered.

Much better that the old days, when everybody used Ford Cosworth V8 except for the screaming dodeci-cilindri of Ferrari which also revved higher.

Turbo was introduced by Renault and then Honda took over.

Now we have Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda. Good fun.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 12:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix

Last two races have been such a contrast to the Formula Yawn of French GP, it almost feels that something was done to make this happen (speaking with my conspiracy hat on), and I am not complaining!

Strong performances from Redbull Honda and McLaren Renault have certainly helped.

I think it was the first time we saw Gasly's Redbull and the Ferraris in same frame and still be on same lap and not getting lapped!

I think it's fair to say that LeClerc has the measure of Vettel now and it would require lot from Vettel to dig deep into his reserves. It was another of those Vettel mistakes on a race day.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:13   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

What a drive by the champ!!
Though the Safety Car initially seemed a bit contrived even for a fan like me(home race etc), that last and Fastest Lap was the one that said more than any words ever could.
I foresee a middle of next year record breaking 92 races.
However, he's at 80 and there's 11 more to go this season....... Could he? Would be a proper blitzkrieg of the remaining season if so.
Old 15th July 2019, 14:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im a hardcore Ferrari fan and have been supporting them for the last 15 years or so, and in that course of time developed liking and respect for Vettel when he joined Ferrari. He was supposed to be the baby schumi who would have brought back glory to the team!
I think Vettel is not in the game mentally making so many rookie mistakes. Based on preseason testing he would have expected to have a championship challenger, only to find Merc/Lewis combo is again unbeatable. For Ferrari its better to start backing Charles as the team leader as he appear to be a better package speed wise, skill wise and emotional balance wise. Seb will always be remembered as a blown diffuser wonder pilot of Newey rocket ship. Only way to salvage his legacy is to beg with Toto for the second Merc seat and defeat Lewis in two consecutive seasons (I think lewis will trounce him easily)
Old 15th July 2019, 16:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a tip, guys = don't blindly trust Google.
Can add bhpians as well.

Race was screened LIVE on Start Sports channel and some said you need HotStar.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks