Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 14:48   #31
BHPian

Re: F1: The Hungarian GP, 2019

In my view, Redbull took the wrong decision by not pitting Max immediately after Lewis's pitstop. Yes they would have lost the track position, but they had a good car, a great driver and a fresh set of tyres to regain that position or at least give it a fight. Its too obvious a choice and Redbull are normally pretty good at this. Max was even complaining on the radio quite a lot about why he is not asked to pit.

Did Redbull choose not to call due to a car issue? Or feared both Max and Lewis would race hard for position and end up hitting each other and not finishing at all? As Gasly was so far back behind, they would have overall lost points. The call to bring Max in was so obvious to even the most non strategic of the minds, I think there was something else that they are keeping to themselves at this stage.
Old 9th August 2019, 20:51   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post

I have a feeling that Danil Kvyat will be in the other RB seat after summer break
Christian Horner made it clear Gasly will be staying on till the end of the season and that he'd have to "reset" himself during the break to retain his RedBull seat.
Old 9th August 2019, 22:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
In my view, Red Bull took the wrong decision by not pitting Max immediately after Lewis's pit stop.
Yes, they should have done that. But sitting here and saying, is easier done than doing it in real time under pressure. In fact, Red Bull were not expecting a pit stop from Mercedes.

The Mercedes pit stop took Red Bull by surprise and when they are out of this confusion, the gap to Hamilton was already inside the pit stop time. Also, the Red Bull didn't expect, Hamilton to cover 20 sec gap in 20 laps.

It's the Mercedes technical team that won the race for Hamilton fair and square.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks