Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 20th March 2020, 09:48   #61
BHPian

Default Re: The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!

The 2020 chassis' will continue being used in 2021 as the 2021 regulations have been pushed back to 2022. The Budget cap however will kick in from next year.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...z9SnMEyK8.html

Last edited by rahulcmoulee : 20th March 2020 at 09:49. Reason: Error
Old 20th March 2020, 16:31   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)
Default Re: The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
I like the Monaco GP only if the track is wet or wet to intermediate, love to see the aggressively aero dependent cars fighting for traction and everyone is sliding all over the place!

As for the British GP, doubt if the British GP will continue. Though the official statement from the FIA is to start in June.
I read today that Monaco is off. Bahrain will be under wraps (ie no audience). As for the British GP I am off it ever since they moved to Silverstone.So at the moment this is what we know. In any case with Covid still going strong all bets are off.

Last edited by vb-san : 20th March 2020 at 21:46. Reason: Keep the discussion only on F1
Old 23rd March 2020, 16:50   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Azerbaijan is the latest race to be postponed this season amid Coronavirus pandemic. This becomes the 8th race of this season to be either postponed or cancelled.

Azerbaijan
Old 23rd March 2020, 16:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Azerbaijan is the latest race to be postponed this season amid Coronavirus pandemic. This becomes the 8th race of this season to be either postponed or cancelled.
No hope this season, unless the affected people start reducing.

On the brighter side, the 2016 Brazilian GP was made available by the FIA on Youtube, watched it last night, epic race. Hope they also air the amazing 2016 British GP

Look forward to more races being aired on Youtube (officially)!
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel this season is a write-off already. Honestly - I'm relieved. A bit bored of what looks like a scripted motion picture rather than racing. Even the Schumacher-Ferrari dominance era had more action and drama on the circuits during races (courtesy of jokers in the pack like Coulthard, Montoya & my favourite Iceman). After following it since the late 90s Hakkinen-Erwine-Schumacher era without missing a single race, I gave up hopes on F1 by mid-2019 season. Finally discontinued the Tata SKY connection at home that was active purely for F1 races. It has lost its charm off late. Its simply too much about computers & money. Drivers having to talk based on a script since last few years was the limit really.

This break may cause a good reset hopefully for the next season. And Liberty Media better do something about moving to streaming media by 2021. Anyone who follows F1, would in all probability be already a consumer of prime-hotstar-netflix. Who'd continue having a dish subscription for just 40 days of the year!

Looking at the venues getting cancelled (at least some of them) - I wonder if nature is telling FOM & FIA to bring back the classic circuits like Hockenheim (full), Imola etc and chuck these boring Herman Tilke video game tracks.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd March 2020 at 18:01.

Most Viewed