Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2019, 23:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The Belgian GP 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Oh, and a replay of the hakkinen\schumacher 3 abreast overtake from Belgium thrown in, though it still stands as the nest overtake in f1 history. Who attempted the same? He was able to finally overtake the other guy yesterday, though. Perez?Sainz?
It looked like a replay for the initial bit, for sure!
This time it was Perez and Gasly overtaking Kimi for position, and Gasly remained behind Perez so it wasn't exactly the same effect as the original though in the end. Original remains a classic.

Here's a replay of yesterday's overtake (see 2:16)
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He added: “I couldn’t hold him off for a very long time. I was struggling in the corner which allowed him to get close, and all I could try to do was give Charles a cushion. In the end it was just enough so I did the job.”

Leclerc thanked Vettel for the role he played in his maiden Formula 1 victory.

“Seb has been very nice and without him I think it would have been a lot more difficult to win this race so thanks to him,” Leclerc said.
Vettel: ‘All I could do was serve the team’

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 09:31   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Quote:
Not to take anything away from Leclerc's awesome drive that actually started with his pole lap. which was extremely consistent, with no unnecessary mistakes, but Vettel did play a crucial part in the victory. Part of the reason may be that Ferrari is not as bothered with the driver's title as much as the constructors. If they don't play a team game, Red Bull is going to walk away with second play which is worth millions. And no one knows that better than Vettel. His team play was excellent. I dare-say he would have kept Hamilton behind for longer if his tyres had not fallen off the cliff the way they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Vettel seems to be fading gradually and I honestly feel he had the best chance to win the championship last year. The transition to LeClerc becoming the no. 1 driver is happening slowly and I can see that. At this rate, I dont see a 5th championship for Vettel before he retires. The doors should open for Schumi junior to joing Ferrari in 2021.
What I am really happy to see is that Vettel isn't really fighting it and acknowledge LeClerc. You might not like being in that position but Vettel knows he is getting past his prime and LeClerc has talent and pace.

Yes they were racing in a couple of races but Vettel is kinda supportive and not fighting the transition of LeClerc becoming the No.1 driver in the team.

Yes Ferrari cannot afford to fight amongst their drivers and risk losing No.2 spot in constructors so all the better.

Unlike Redbull which had a lot of issues with Max and Daniel as to who was No.1, Vettel is kinda accepting the fact. It's also good cause LeClerc gets a mentor in his team mate who is supporting him rather than a rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
The general gossip in paddock is that Seb is looking for a drive in the Redbull in 2021. It all depends on how Albon preforms this year and plans of Max and Honda improvements. Apparently the contract of Bottas is extended just for a year by Merc instead of Ocon is that the could get Max in 2021. If they had to offer Ocon the drive, then it should have to be a multi year deal. So he is off to Renault.
Vettel going back to Redbull will never ever happen. Christian Horner wants new blood which is why Daniel stepped out of Redbull cause he felt Christian was pushing Max over him more.

Getting Gasly and now Albon confirms this even more.

If Seb leaves Ferrari then Redbull Toro Rosso has higher chances of getting him than Redbull. Even that is doubtful as Toro Rosso is where the junior talent comes in before transitioning to the main team.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd September 2019 at 09:59. Reason: Typos, tsk tsk!
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:20   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Vettel was quick earlier on but later was struggling. On Lap 1 he overtook Lewis at the same spot as he did last year. Vettel seems to be fading gradually and I honestly feel he had the best chance to win the championship last year. The transition to LeClerc becoming the no. 1 driver is happening slowly and I can see that. At this rate, I dont see a 5th championship for Vettel before he retires. The doors should open for Schumi junior to joing Ferrari in 2021.
I agree. Though I doubt they will shoehorn Schumi Jr into a Ferrari immediately. I expect him to have a year or two in other teams. I am sure we shall eventually see him in Big F. I have also felt that Vettel has had it.
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:29   #35
BHPian

One thing I have to say is that McLaren has massively improved this year over the previous. Norris' performance (if his engine hadn't broken down) would have meant that McLaren would have finished best of the rest. Kind of shows the improvements that Andreas Seidl has brought in as Team Principal.

Albon meanwhile had the best debut he could ask for. From P17 to P5 is absolutely amazing. Of course Max wasn't there but it would be interesting to see how Albon keeps up with Max when Gasly couldn't do the same.

Vettel just fading away is plain sad. He's just a couple of years younger than Hamilton but Lewis performs so much better at every race. Still, I hope Leclerc is able to learn enough from a World Champion before Ferrari ultimately decides not to renew Vettel's contract.

Here's to hoping Leclerc does well at Monza!
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I bet Mark Webber would love this version of Vettel way more than this RBR days

#Multi21
Old 3rd September 2019, 15:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I agree. Though I doubt they will shoehorn Schumi Jr into a Ferrari immediately. I expect him to have a year or two in other teams. I am sure we shall eventually see him in Big F. I have also felt that Vettel has had it.
He will go into the Alfa Romeo team for a year or two before jumping into the red overalls.

I expect Kimi, Seb, Ricciardo, Hamilton all to retire by end 2020 with no change in seats or teams. They will exit from where they are now.

Ricciardo, because it pains me to see him languishing on a single tyre strategy as the only strategy race after race. Poor guy, he joined the worst of the mid tier teams for this season and next.

I also think that Ferrari are already looking towards the 2021 car as opposed to continuing to invest heavily in the existing engine/car for just one more season of theatrics.
Old 4th September 2019, 01:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Hamilton au contraire is making an immense play for taking Schumi’s GOAT title
In my book he is right up there with MSC. He's dominated the sport just like MSC did. Yes he's got a car that's head and shoulders above the competition but he's been in difficult situations multiple times and more often than not has come out on top. He has the ability to start from the back and fight his way up to the podium. If he's chasing someone, chances are that he will force an error and get past. He's cool as a cucumber under pressure and DOMINATES the field when it's wet.....

This description applies to MSC and to HAM. The greatest drivers of their generation.

PS: I am not a Lewis Hamiltion fan.

I also did not like that he was one of the only drivers that did not have a black armband on yesterday. Not done.
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 16:10   #39
BHPian

Finally!!

Being a Ferrari fan, I'm glad that Leclerc won the race.

If there were 2 more laps, Leclerc would've struggled to keep the lead. Ferrari's straight-line speeds are impressive. Tire management- not so much; Mercedes is way better in this aspect.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 15:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Vettel going back to Redbull will never ever happen. Christian Horner wants new blood which is why Daniel stepped out of Redbull cause he felt Christian was pushing Max over him more.
In a recent interview Christian mentioned that he is open to the idea of an outside driver if Albon experiment does not work. But I do hope Albon can hold up to Max challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Schumi Jr, Ferrari's best option is to put him in Alfa for 2020 against Kimi. Givonazzi was rated equally good as Leclerec, but is struggling big time against Kimi. So it will be a good idea to measure him against Kimi. Jr, His F3 win was on a Prema car, which is the F3 equivalent of Mercedes of F1. Even Lance Stroll won F3 title in that. So I will believe the hype around him when he proves himself against the likes of Kimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
I bet Mark Webber would love this version of Vettel way more than this RBR days

#Multi21
As one Mr Fernando said, KARMA!!
Old 6th September 2019, 11:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post

Schumi Jr, Ferrari's best option is to put him in Alfa for 2020 against Kimi. Givonazzi was rated equally good as Leclerec, but is struggling big time against Kimi. So it will be a good idea to measure him against Kimi. Jr, His F3 win was on a Prema car, which is the F3 equivalent of Mercedes of F1. Even Lance Stroll won F3 title in that. So I will believe the hype around him when he proves himself against the likes of Kimi.
Don't think it will happen so quickly. My guess is 2022. Mick still has a lot of growing to do. He is not nearly as quick as his competition, and it would be best if he got the grips before transitioning into F1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks