Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 22:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The Russian GP 2019

Fantastic Drive by Seb who showed his master skills and speed today. Ferrari are showing their strength in the second half of this year's calendar. Good for the Team! But Mercedes are in safe hands of failing Ferrari's strategies and giving them a upper hand!
Old 29th September 2019, 22:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I did not understand the entitlement that leclerc thought he had. What was he asking for, that he provided the slipstream? Was there a way that he could not?
Anyhow, great win for Lewisji. Had a great time watching the one-two knockout!
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 00:13   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Even if Ferrari gets 1 and 2 for the remaining race along with fastest lap, Lewis will win the championship even if he finishes 7th in all the remaining races vs Leclerc.

Bottas after the race, seems to indicate that Mercedes will get upgrades in 2 weeks, he did use the word "hopefully" by 2 weeks when asked specifically.

Vettal post race was happy that atleast he got the driver of the day.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th September 2019 at 08:34. Reason: typo
Old 30th September 2019, 06:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Watched the deferred feed yesterday on hotstar.
What a pity that Ferrari lost out on this one. Mercedes and Hamilton have been lucky with Safety cars on multiple occasions this season.
Hope to see close fights for the rest of the season.
Old 30th September 2019, 09:20   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton didn't have a single fight, but his consistent driving + medium tyre start (vs soft of Ferrari) got him the victory. I can't help but chuckle at the dysfunctional team, that is Ferrari. They finally have the fastest car on the track, yet will find ways to bungle up their victories. If ever there has been an F1 team that cuts the branch it sits on, Ferrari it is. No wonder that the last championship they won was like 12 years ago, and that too was a surprising fluke (thanks to the war between Hamilton & Alonso at McLaren). The last time that Ferrari convincingly won a championship has been with Schumacher.

Well, at least, now we won't have any more team orders @ Ferrari (I HATE team orders).

@ HotStar users: I'm streaming from HotStar & casting it on my TV. It doesn't feel as pure HD as DTH. True?
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 09:44   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hamilton didn't have a single fight,
The irony is that he really does not need to fight to win, merely to preserve for the rest of the season. Once Albon matures, he and Verstappen might form a formidable competitior with Ferrari create the odd flash in the pan!
Old 30th September 2019, 09:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ HotStar users: I'm streaming from HotStar & casting it on my TV. It doesn't feel as pure HD as DTH. True?
Yes it doesnt feel pure as HD, however its better when HotStar is in built in the Smart TV. Ive tried both, the latter has much better transmission.

Coming to the race, stupid goof up by Ferrari. This could have been the fourth victory in a row and they mess it up like this. The championship is already lost but at least you can pick up victories. Hamilton is consistent and even though he was lucky yesterday, he is in the right place at the right time.

And there was no need for team orders. Seb drove well and even though I like Charles, his pit radio rant was uncalled for.

Really hope this blunder stuffs some sense into the Scuderia for rest of the races.
Dippy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:09   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OT: Go to Settings and in Quality, select High. By default, it is Auto which generally is non-HD for the most part.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:31   #24
BHPian

What an appalling strategy from Ferrai I am speechless. Why on earth they want to swap position!! They should have instructed drivers just to keep it clean at the start of race instead of prearranged stuff. The outbursts of LEC seemed very petulant and some feeling of entitlement. VET made a lightening start and deserved the place. And see the gap he pulled out in 20 laps. He is definitely the faster driver in race trim. Suddenly when VET came to a standstill after pitstop, seeing LEC ahead, i thought he had a moment of red mist and abandoned the race

Even if they produce a Mercedes beater in 2020, I doubt they will win WDC or WCC ( memories of 2007 ). Now its more or less sure LEC is No1 in Ferrari, VET is better off to look for another team. And suddenly Mclaren 2021 seems a great prospect. And lot of rumors are going around that Merc Board is not in favor of continuing in F1 as a full team as its not aligned with their future plans. So they might pull out as a team and remain as an engine supplier. If that happens Mclaren might become front runner again.

Summary in one line, ferrari got what they deserved.
Old 30th September 2019, 10:59   #25
BHPian

For all who are making a hype about the swap conversation, please go read Ferrari's statement on it. Binotto said that it was discussed and agreed that Leclerc will give the tow to make Ferrari 1-2 at the end of lap 1, hence the talk of swap. For Leclerc's pitstop, his tyres were shot sooner due to running in dirty air and Lewis was closing in. For Vettel, they kept him out as long so as to do what Merc were waiting for "FREE PITSTOP"

Had Vettel's car not broken down or there was no VSC. There was no chance of Merc winning the race so for me they were plain lucky

Anyways overall pace of Ferrari is improving so I am expecting some more good results in the coming races. They have the so called "Jet Mode" now.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
<snip>
Vettal post race was happy that atleast he got the driver of the day.
That's most likely because of the "“Bring back the <bleep> V12s", something I wholeheartedly agree too.

Charles was too bratty, selfish and appeared to be lacking a racing head. He wanted Seb to relinquish a 4-second lead and put himself into the claws of Hamilton who was charging. Ideally he should have put some decent pace and got himself into DRS range of Seb and then make the claim, else it is like asking for property ownership just because he made a contribution to the token advance amount.

And I would go against the majority flow here and say Ferrari strategy was not all that flawed. By second corner they had P1 and P2 and if the safety car came out anytime after the pit window for softs and before Mercs pit, it would have been praised as a masterstroke. Or if the SC came after the Mercs pitting. The difference between pitting under SC and regular was about 9 seconds, Mercs got lucky with the SC, Ferrari never had the pace to put a 9 seconds effective lead at any time they were racing.

Hotstar is at best an ersatz HD if streamed to TV, but the minor difference is more than made up because of the lack of advertisements. Last year Star's ad timing was so appaling, missed many vital moments to see Ranbir Kapoor's almost orgasmic look when he was driving the Captur.
Old 30th September 2019, 11:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

A race ruined by the safety car! I dont get why the pitlane needs to be open during SC. In the earlier refueling days, maybe there was a case, but now it just ruins racing. Ferrari and McLaren lost out.

Shame. I hope they change the rule now.

Come Sunday the Mercs have superior race pace, anything less than a 1-2 will compromise Ferrari strategy. Merc clearly benefiting with an established No 1 status for Lewis, this is backup by his large gap in the WDC standings.

Ferrari do have a problem on their hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I did not understand the entitlement that leclerc thought he had. What was he asking for, that he provided the slipstream? Was there a way that he could not?
Anyhow, great win for Lewisji. Had a great time watching the one-two knockout!
Ferrari had a pre race internal discussion where LeClerc would allow Vettel the tow as opposed to Hamilton, and later be given back the place.

Although most would have expected LeClerc to be able to keep up with Seb in the 1st stint, 4 seconds is quite a large gap.

It does spice things up for the remainder of the season.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
And I would go against the majority flow here and say Ferrari strategy was not all that flawed. By second corner they had P1 and P2 and if the safety car came out anytime after the pit window for softs and before Mercs pit, it would have been praised as a masterstroke. Or if the SC came after the Mercs pitting. The difference between pitting

The strategy was brilliant in paper. But on track its difficult because two top dogs wanting to establish supremacy and will not want to give an inch. Its easy for Merc to do such team strategy because Bottas

1. is a designated no 2 in team
2. is not so vocal on team radio, so no bad publicity.
3. has very less red mist moments than VET
4. is a good defender than an overtaker

Last edited by motor_breathing : 30th September 2019 at 11:27. Reason: typo
Old 30th September 2019, 11:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
A race ruined by the safety car! I dont get why the pitlane needs to be open during SC. In the earlier refueling days, maybe there was a case, but now it just ruins racing. Ferrari and McLaren lost out.

Shame. I hope they change the rule now.
I agree. During the safety car, including the virtual one, the pit entry should be closed. It's unfair for those who may have just pitted before the safety car.

In addition, the gaps that existed before the safety car should be honoured and the relevant time gaps added to the end result. Oh yes, the visual spectacle would be lost, and the person who takes the chequered flag first may not be the winner. But then, at least it would be fair.

Alternatively, with the amount of car to pit communications, all the cars on the track could be set to slower speeds automatically, during safety car periods, so that closing of gaps would not be possible or at the least, be minimised.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 12:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Binotto said that it was discussed and agreed that Leclerc will give the tow to make Ferrari 1-2 at the end of lap 1, hence the talk of swap.
Vettel should have followed team orders if it was already discussed. Leclerc was struggling with Tyre even when Vettel was in front of him and after the safety car as well.

Mercedes purely lucked out and got a desirable result. However Vettel did show pace and was better from the get go. Taking over from Hamilton in the starting and having a 1-2 Ferrari position was a fantastic move. Shame that things played out the way it did.

Mercedes were on better tyre strategy and had luck on their side. Bottas did what he does best and defended his position really well even when Charlie boy was looking a bit dangerous.

Interestingly this year has been a much better F1 season and hope to see some more reds on the podium.
ramgkulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks