Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 12:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The Russian GP 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Binotto said that it was discussed and agreed that Leclerc will give the tow to make Ferrari 1-2 at the end of lap 1
With Leclerc on pole and Vettel at 3 on the grid, did Leclerc have the option to not give Vettel a tow? The race felt like such a sham after hearing the swap being discussed on lap 4. Stupid team rules, but stupider team strategy.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
A race ruined by the safety car! I dont get why the pitlane needs to be open during SC. In the earlier refueling days, maybe there was a case, but now it just ruins racing. Ferrari and McLaren lost out.

Shame. I hope they change the rule now.
I agree 100%. The rule for introduce VSC was to neutralize the race. Team getting a free pitstop is not something that neutralizes the race that is an advantage. Hope they tweak this for 2021. At least for VSC, the pit should be closed for anyone other than a driver carrying a damage.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 13:40   #33
BHPian

Vettel needs to move on. LeClerc seems to be the next MSC and will get the preference from Ferrari in the future. He needs someone like Bottas in his corner to take the fight to Hamilton and Verstappen next year.
Old 30th September 2019, 14:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari should just let their drivers race and tell them to keep it clean. Vettel had a great start and Leclerc gave him the toe. If it wasn't for the pre race 'agreement' I'm sure Leclerc would have blocked the inner line and not let him just pass.

Seb anyway seemed much faster so he could have overtaken later, although I don't think it would have been easy as Leclerc said at the end of the race that everything started to heat up as soon as he got with 1s of Bottas' car.

Hamilton got lucky with the VSC and I don't think he would have won without it.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 30th September 2019 at 14:10.
Old 30th September 2019, 14:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
With Leclerc on pole and Vettel at 3 on the grid, did Leclerc have the option to not give Vettel a tow? The race felt like such a sham after hearing the swap being discussed on lap 4. Stupid team rules, but stupider team strategy.
I think the point is VET should not have agreed to get a tow and swap later in pre race discussions itself. If he agreed to do so and didn't, LEC has all the rights to be aggravated. I watched the race start again many times. VET makes a super start and overtakes HAM. It looked to me that LEC could have blocked VET, but didn't do it because of the pre-arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Vettel needs to move on. LeClerc seems to be the next MSC and will get the preference from Ferrari in the future. He needs someone like Bottas in his corner to take the fight to Hamilton and Verstappen next year.

Unless VET can beat LEC in qualifying, he is going to be No2 whether he like it or not. But I don't think he will willingly help LEC's cause. Now they have a super fast pilot with a cool head, it makes sense to put a designated number 2 like Eddie Irwine, Barichello or Massa. But they should do it for 2020 season as there are no major technical changes and car is already super fast, the current infighting will leave the doors open to HAM and Merc for the title.
Old 30th September 2019, 16:50   #36
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the Safety Car wins and loses races for some. It worked for Ferrari, i.e saved their tyres in Singapore so Lewis's strategy to wear their tyres down was thwarted. In Sochi, it world for Mercedes as they could pit and swap then maintain and consolidate their pace!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

It was a stupid arrangement in the first place. Ferrari should let the drivers race, and focus on strategy. As soon Ferrari has a race winning car which wins couple of races on trot, Ferrari starts messing it up.

Binoto has a big headache next season, since this season is all done and dusted.
Old 1st October 2019, 16:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post

If it was Hamilton behind, the same would not have been the case. He would have made sure that he moved to break the tow. It is not as stupid as it seems to be. It is a strategy to get track position which critical in turbo hybrid era as overtaking between top teams is difficult. The strategy didn't work that is something for the team to work out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks