Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 19:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The minute Verstappen went on the outside he knew he was placing his car in danger of being hit by an understeering Leclerc who lost downforce following a car.
With all due respect, I beg to disagree.

By your logic, all drivers are putting their cars in danger of being hit by a faster moving car from behind or in danger of hitting a slower moving car in front who misses a gear. Whether or not, a car you are trying to overtake will under or over-steer should not be your lookout. You see a gap, you go for it regardless of the assumptions that the other car might do this or that.
But again, much easier for a couch potato like me to talk In the heat of the moment, who know who will do what.
Old 14th October 2019, 21:08   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Leclerc should have been shown the black and white flag, that debris from Leclerc car would have been as fast a bullet, lucky for Lewis it only took out his right side mirror and also no one suffered punctures.

Lewis had 70% tire left when he pitted a second time, I think that cost him 2nd position. Not sure how accurate those new tire life graphics are.

Despite the aero upgrades, mercedes still has no answer to ferrari straight line speed.
Old 16th October 2019, 17:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Renault under investigation for “pre-set lap distance-dependent brake bias adjustment system”

The ECUs and steering wheels used by Nico Hulkenberg and Daniel Ricciardo in Japan were seized and an investigation launched.

An automatic brake balance system would give the drivers a clear advantage, “The driver is normally responsible for adjusting the brake balance, so if it is happening automatically you could brake later and take more speed into each corner.
It would be a big advantage. An automatic system controlled electronically could do it much better and faster than the driver can manually.”

The Stewards decided not to rule on such a complex matter in Japan, as it needs a careful investigation by the FIA.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/10...bust-cheating/
Old 17th October 2019, 13:06   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post

By your logic, all drivers are putting their cars in danger of being hit by a faster moving car from behind or in danger of hitting a slower moving car in front who misses a gear. Whether or not, a car you are trying to overtake will under or over-steer should not be your lookout.
If you miss a gear then you deserve to be punished. This is as simple as that. Sorry, I make this flat assumption. I remember about a decade (or more) ago there used to be failures where a gear will go missing. Drivers coped with it.
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:18   #35
BANNED

It seems that F1 had vanished from Star Sports (I have all HD active). Is it available on maybe on Facebook/WhatsApp.

Any other channel (I am on Tata Play).
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:57   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It seems that F1 had vanished from Star Sports (I have all HD active).
Formula 1 is now exclusively available only on the Formula 1 TV app. No other channel / OTT platform broadcasts it.

https://f1tv.formula1.com/

Don't get the subscription just yet though; you never know if FIA/F1 sign a deal with some platform for the 2024 season.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed