Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 10:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The Brazilian GP 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Albon himself said he didn't look in his mirrors as per Nico Rosberg and he left a door wide open. Albon said he saw the gap that he left in the corner but he didn't really expect Lewis to take that gap. He said Lewis would have overtaken him no matter what on the next lap. His body language says it all in paddock interview, he knows he has some blame for it. But Lewis still manned up despite not watching the replay because he was the driver who was behind.
1. Because Lewis was going to overtake him eventually as per Albon so it is ok for Lewis to make that rash move?
2. Lewis ruined somebody's race so accepting the blame will not change the position the other driver finished at and doesn't make him a bigger person. Had this been vice versa - Example: Max banging into Lewis - the rants on this thread would have been much more than the two pages it currently is at.
3. Finally for the decision of penalty, safety car and the Nico penalty was done and dusted before the end of the race. They could have easily given the clear cut penalty by the time driver's reached the cool down room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
What are you on about, mate?

MV had to give up the positions to Raikkonen in USGP because he went off the track completely and cut a corner to overtake Kimi.

Everyone is talking about the LH and AA incident. Albon went into the corner too hot and could not turn into the apex. He left the door wide open for LH and LH dived in but then AA took the normal line to exit and collided with LH.

Lewis admitted his fault and even apologised personally to Albon before the podium ceremony.

There is no such thing as a MAFIA. But Lewis is definitely almighty. I suggest you should worry about Ferrari given the lack of trust and respect between the drivers.
You very well know what I am on about. Apologizing for the crime doesn't absolve you from a crime. So this way Max should have never titled as "Aggressive" or "Reckless" or many other things that he has been called.

You don't need tell what i need to worry about. MAFIA is ruining the sport with favoring one team and a specific driver.

Yes, Ferrari needs to sort out their mess but this is what happens when you have young gun with a experienced driver. Prime example Max-Daniel. Not all teams are lucky to have pet like Bottas. Also if you see my previous post I wrote about that incident as well. I am not as biased as you are.
Old 19th November 2019, 11:51   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I sat through the whole race for the definition of the word "bungling". As has typically been the case this year, Ferrari did not disappoint. The comic relief that is provided either by the drivers, or the team, or both, did not fail to come through.

The champ is already crowned, so that was of no consequence, but bottas going out was very disappointing. Albon, well, the gap he left was quite huge, but it's a pity that things turned out the way they did. The good that came out of all that, bungling included, was seeing a mclaren get a podium place after eons!!
Old 19th November 2019, 19:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
1. Because Lewis was going to overtake him eventually as per Albon so it is ok for Lewis to make that rash move?
2. Lewis ruined somebody's race so accepting the blame will not change the position the other driver finished at and doesn't make him a bigger person. Had this been vice versa - Example: Max banging into Lewis - the rants on this thread would have been much more than the two pages it currently is at.
3. Finally for the decision of penalty, safety car and the Nico penalty was done and dusted before the end of the race. They could have easily given the clear cut penalty by the time driver's reached the cool down room.

Here is why it could not be done. Read it if you really want to understand.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/11/18/...on-the-podium/

Though it could have been decided before the podium ceremony.

You very well know what I am on about. Apologizing for the crime doesn't absolve you from a crime. So this way Max should have never titled as "Aggressive" or "Reckless" or many other things that he has been called.

You don't need tell what i need to worry about. MAFIA is ruining the sport with favoring one team and a specific driver.

Yes, Ferrari needs to sort out their mess but this is what happens when you have young gun with a experienced driver. Prime example Max-Daniel. Not all teams are lucky to have pet like Bottas. Also if you see my previous post I wrote about that incident as well. I am not as biased as you are.
No one absolved Lewis Hamilton of anything. He got a 5 second penalty which put him seventh. And it was not a crime. LH misjudged an overtaking maneuver and collided with Albon. Albon himself has given LH a pass saying that he drove in too hot into the corner and then took the normal line without realising LH would try to go through.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/11/17/...for-collision/

You are talking about MAFIA? Since when did Ferrari International Assistance has become MAFIA? You have go to be kidding me. I have been watching and reading about F1 since mid 90's and I have seen the bullying and vetoing Ferrari has gotten away with in F1.

So it's ok for Ferrari to ask SV to move over for CL but not for Mercedes to ask Bottas to move over twice in 3 years?

And Bottas is not a pet. He is simply not as fast as LH or SV. Simple.Ferrari invented the concept of number 2 driver when the team was run by the Don himself.

In that sense all of Schumacher's team mates, Irvine and Reubens when he drove for Ferrari were pets.

It's ok to be sad about the plight of your favourite F1 team but it's not fair to slander a team without evidence. Let the red mist descend and then objectively think about what you are saying here.

Last edited by Yusha : 19th November 2019 at 19:37. Reason: Added link
Yusha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 11:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
No one absolved Lewis Hamilton of anything. He got a 5 second penalty which put him seventh. And it was not a crime. LH misjudged an overtaking maneuver and collided with Albon. Albon himself has given LH a pass saying that he drove in too hot into the corner and then took the normal line without realising LH would try to go through.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/11/17/...for-collision/

You are talking about MAFIA? Since when did Ferrari International Assistance has become MAFIA? You have go to be kidding me. I have been watching and reading about F1 since mid 90's and I have seen the bullying and vetoing Ferrari has gotten away with in F1.

So it's ok for Ferrari to ask SV to move over for CL but not for Mercedes to ask Bottas to move over twice in 3 years?

And Bottas is not a pet. He is simply not as fast as LH or SV. Simple.Ferrari invented the concept of number 2 driver when the team was run by the Don himself.

In that sense all of Schumacher's team mates, Irvine and Reubens when he drove for Ferrari were pets.

It's ok to be sad about the plight of your favourite F1 team but it's not fair to slander a team without evidence. Let the red mist descend and then objectively think about what you are saying here.
For Lewis's collision, I know he was given a penalty but it was quite late in the day. For me as F1 fan, i would want to celebrate the driver who actually came third. Also, I am talking about the Media's absolution of him and trying to make him a bigger man out of this. I am talking about the easy going nature of the Media, F1 fans and FIA about the collision justifying it saying that "He apologised". Had this been any other driver especially Max or Vettel, you should have seen the reactions shooting off the roof.

I have also been seeing F1 since 1997. So I have lived through the ups and downs of Ferrari. There was an era when RedBull were invincible but they didn't hold the same level of camaraderie with the FIA as Merc does today. All i can see above is that you are justifying Mercedes by quoting the Ferrari era of the end 90s and early 00s. So if you think what was quoted about Ferrari was true then sadly what I have written about Merc today is also true. Small example of that - Ferrari trumped Merc on pure engine power this year. Merc went to FIA blaming that they were cheating.

Rest you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine so "Peace out"

Last edited by ferrarirules : 20th November 2019 at 11:20.
Old 20th November 2019, 14:00   #35
BHPian

One of my favorite moments was the final drag race between Gasly and Hamilton. SO theatrical! I can't even imagine the exhilaration either of them would have been feeling down that straight.
I think the Toro Rosso might be making a bit less power but Mercedes had more downforce which caused any advantage to be cancelled out.
Rest assured, AMG HPP are going to double down on the engine development enhancements since Ferrari and Honda's power units seem to have caught up with AMG's. F1 Brazil 2019, you were a good one!
raystriker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 12:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
For Lewis's collision, I know he was given a penalty but it was quite late in the day. For me as F1 fan, i would want to celebrate the driver who actually came third. Also, I am talking about the Media's absolution of him and trying to make him a bigger man out of this. I am talking about the easy going nature of the Media, F1 fans and FIA about the collision justifying it saying that "He apologised". Had this been any other driver especially Max or Vettel, you should have seen the reactions shooting off the roof.

I have also been seeing F1 since 1997. So I have lived through the ups and downs of Ferrari. There was an era when RedBull were invincible but they didn't hold the same level of camaraderie with the FIA as Merc does today. All i can see above is that you are justifying Mercedes by quoting the Ferrari era of the end 90s and early 00s. So if you think what was quoted about Ferrari was true then sadly what I have written about Merc today is also true. Small example of that - Ferrari trumped Merc on pure engine power this year. Merc went to FIA blaming that they were cheating.

Rest you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine so "Peace out"
Small correction. Redbull went to the FIA with the technical complaint and not Mercedes. This has always been a part and parcel of F1 with teams complaining about each other over anything they perceive as an undue advantage. Case in point the 2009 Brawn car with the double diffuser.

I disagree. FIA has not extended any favours to Mercedes.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 12:44   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Small correction. Redbull went to the FIA with the technical complaint and not Mercedes. This has always been a part and parcel of F1 with teams complaining about each other over anything they perceive as an undue advantage. Case in point the 2009 Brawn car with the double diffuser.

I disagree. FIA has not extended any favours to Mercedes.

So the apparent problem is that Lewis was NOT punished in time to take him off the podium. Similar to what happened with Verstappan earlier this year, was it? Monaco and Kimi?
So, Lewis caused a collision, he apologized in what can only be termed as record time, AND he was penalized. I dont know what more can be expected.
I believe the problem arises from Lewis's dominance, but not from Red Bull's is that there is dawning realization that the numbers are about to topple. Anyone can talk of mafia, and other area 51 conspiracy theories, but the fact is Ferrari numbers have been crushed, and next in line is Schumacher. Maybe ten years down the line, even Lewis may be overtaken, but for now, the man is heading into the record books for the foreseeable future.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:21   #38
BHPian

Great analysis by Jolyon Palmer.

Most Viewed