Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 18:28   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Formula 1 silly season

Seems like Australia will be replaced by China.

2021 Formula 1 silly season-capture.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 18:50   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Seems like Australia will be replaced by China.

Good to hear that.The way 2021 season is panning out. We cannot afford to have any race cancelled!

This season is one of the best we have had in quite sometime. The last one being battle between Hamilton and Rosberg in 2016 which went down to the wire.
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:28   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-ARROW View Post
Good to hear that.The way 2021 season is panning out. We cannot afford to have any race cancelled!

This season is one of the best we have had in quite sometime. The last one being battle between Hamilton and Rosberg in 2016 which went down to the wire.
Yeah, this has been an interesting season after so long. This will probably go down to last race. This is Redbull's only chance to beat Mercedes in this hybrid era. Mercedes usually are slow in first half and gain more post summer break.
Will be interesting to watch.
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:30   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin007 View Post
Yeah, this has been an interesting season after so long. This will probably go down to last race. This is Redbull's only chance to beat Mercedes in this hybrid era. Mercedes usually are slow in first half and gain more post summer break.
Will be interesting to watch.
We should seriously think of changing the Thread title now!

What an exciting Hungarian grand Prix we had last weekend. Each race this year is throwing up new surprises and new race winners as well.
Old 4th August 2021, 19:53   #185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Meanwhile Mercedes think that Honda engine has seen a drop in power during Silverstone and last week Hungarian race after a secret FIA directive.
While Redbull thinks Mercedes as got a power boost since silverstone due to better cooling.
https://translate.google.com/transla...ch-leistung%2F

Whether it was engine or aero upgrades, its evident that Lewis was purple in qualifying in both the races. Engine upgrades however is done by HPP and it will effect all mercedes powered teams, where as Honda upgrades will only effect the two teams owned by redbull.

Last edited by aim120 : 4th August 2021 at 19:56.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 14:09   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Japanese GP 2021 has been cancelled.

Link

Quote:
A statement from Formula 1 read: "Following ongoing discussions with the promoter and authorities in Japan the decision has been taken by the Japanese government to cancel the race this season due to ongoing complexities of the pandemic in the country".

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th August 2021 at 14:13.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Japanese GP 2021 has been cancelled.
The unfortunate truth of COVID-19 and its effects has made its way to my personal favourite race of the season. I don't know what other races we have that can replace Japan. They still haven't found a replacement for Australia (although China is presumed to be one), and I highly doubt that a 23-race calendar will happen this year. I presume Canada could be an option, but with the weather in the months of October, it remains bleak.
Another option would be to bring in COTA and the South American races much earlier and introduce a second race at COTA.
The last option I can think of is to bring back the Sakhir Layout from last year.

2021 Cancellations
- Canada
- Australia
- Japan

Additional Races
- Turkey

Last edited by akash_v12 : 18th August 2021 at 15:25.
Old 20th August 2021, 10:32   #188

2021 has been a really good season with some nail biting finishes in first half of the season, especially french GP. Love to see the competition in Sir Lewis with all those championship and a mature Max Verstappen who is driving much better than before. Cars are on par as well and have their pros and cons based on the circuits they are driving on. It would be a really interesting second half of the season to unfold, as we saw Lewis take back the championship lead with ofcourse Max having hard luck in couple of races (Azerbaijan and Silverstone) also a bad car in Hungarian ring. Even if one of races was a podium finish for Max would have still been leading the championship. Its a long second half and as fans we gear up to witness the excitement. As this has been missing in past 7 years of Mercedes dominance. 2022 will be an interesting season as well as its a reset to all teams and why no, we may possibly see Ferrari back to its glories, and yes for the driver he is Charles Leclerc deserves a better car. !
nitinsagar22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:48   #189
Senior - BHPian

Seemingly, a brand new track seems to be on the loom for F1. It's famous for MotoGP but not for F1. It's none other than the Losail International Circuit.

Source

Last edited by akash_v12 : 23rd August 2021 at 21:03.
Old 28th August 2021, 17:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

Breaking: Formula 1 introduces a new, revised 22 race calendar. I expected this owing to the raging pandemic in some parts of the world and thus, finding tracks is harder.

2021 Formula 1 silly season-smartselect_20210828165755_formula-1.jpg
Old 7th September 2021, 23:42   #191
BHPian

With Bottas moving to Alfa Romeo racing and Russel to Mercedes (his PowerPoint presentation helped it seems ) I believe we are in for an exciting season next year. Bottas no longer will have to sacrifice his race and George would definitely give Lewis tough competition. It'll be interesting to see how Mercedes manage George, I sincerely hope he doesn't become Bottas part 2. It'll be good to see teams at the bottom score some points. But then again with upcoming regulation changes, no one knows for certain which car will be the contender.
Old 8th September 2021, 08:45   #192
Senior - BHPian

I think Mercedes made the right choice, Bottas has been at Mercedes for 5 years now and has never remotely challenged Hamilton. It worked because Mercedes had the fastest car by a long mile and Bottas was always to be playing the supporting role to Hamilton. However, with new regulations coming up, there is no guarantee that Mercedes would stay at front. And that could sort of see Hamilton retiring, if that happens then Mercedes need a young gun, which they hope is George Russell.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, Redbull has Max, Ferrari had Leclerc, Mclaren have Norris. So Mercedes have to have a young promising driver who can lead them in the next 3-5 years.

Anyway, I wonder why Bottas didn’t move to Williams. If I’m not wrong, Toto Wolff manages him and with this influence on Williams, Toto could have easily placed him at Williams who are sort of on a better position than Alfa Romeo. Maybe Bottas wanted a completely new environment where he would have least interference from Toto?

The last 2 seats, one at Williams and one at Alfa. It looks like Albon and Nick Vryes from Mercedes formula E are leading contenders. With Mercedes exiting Formula E, they are keen to get their driver to Williams. And redbull too is keen on Albon going to Williams. My bet is that Mercedes would have their way, and probably Albon’s career in formula 1 may be relegated to being a test driver.

I’m also very disappointed in Redbull, I mean why isn’t Gasly getting promoted to the senior team? And if they go by performance then that Japanese kid Tsunoda does not deserve his seat. He has been extremely mediocre when compared to Gasly. I’m sure Albon would do a far better job. But I guess Honda has sort of made a deal with Redbull to keep their driver along with the engine rights agreement.

Last edited by motorworks : 8th September 2021 at 08:47.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:30   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Albon at Williams. I'm just glad that there will be some recovery of his f1 career after the destruction caused by redbull and horned. He looks genuinely talented, and was just too much fresh off the boat to deal with the kind of pressure RB brought.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:30   #194
Senior - BHPian

Raikkonen will not take part in the Italian Grand Prix also following last week's COVID-19 Diagnosis.
Kubica to replace again.

Last edited by manson : 16th September 2021 at 16:02. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th September 2021, 15:08   #195

What a crazy race at Monza we witnessed. Need to change this thread title please its an interesting season now. I m watching F1 after many years due to the competition especially this year between Mercedes and RB. I cheer for Max to be the champion of 2021. !!

Last edited by manson : 16th September 2021 at 16:03. Reason: Typo.

Most Viewed