Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 22:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Formula 1 silly season

Got to agree with Shibu. The only way to beat HAM now is psychological warfare and an intense never give up attitude like nico did. I have now come to appreciate nicos time alongside Lewis far more than before. Oooh to have those races back again!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 13:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nico Hülkenberg might make a full-time return to F1 next season with Sauber (Alfa Romeo) F1. Will be great to see him back on the track next season after his great stint this weekend.

Formula One News
Old 12th August 2020, 16:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Nico Hülkenberg might make a full-time return to F1 next season with Sauber (Alfa Romeo) F1. Will be great to see him back on the track next season after his great stint this weekend.

Formula One News
Interesting. So does he replace Kimi? Or the other guy? I hope Sergio gets to Alfa as well. What a team that would make!
Old 12th August 2020, 17:07   #64
BHPian

Apparently there are quite a few drivers who still hold the superlicenses. Even Paul di Resta, current F1 commentator has one!

I wonder what happened to Pascal Wehrlein? He was supposed to be up for a Mercedes seat but then disappeared completely.

Also want to see Vandoorne in some team, he had the miserable luck of being in McLaren at a really bad time and that too with Alonso! Could not justify his true pace. Let's hope he returns to the grid someday.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Formula 1 silly season-file.jpeg  

ds.raikkonen is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 11:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

I see Yuki Tsunoda in the AlphaTauri next season. Honda will be pushing for Japanese driver, and he's in superb form, top 3 all separated by 11 points as of now.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 15:51   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault will be racing under a new name, Alpine F1 Team in 2021.

Link

Quote:
Renault are here to stay in Formula 1, but they will race on under a new name – and in new colours – from 2021 after the French manufacturer announced they will re-brand to become the Alpine F1 Team.

After announcing the return of two-time world champion Fernando Alonso for 2021 in July, Renault committed to F1 until at least 2025 last month by agreeing to the new Concorde Agreement. But in the wider Renault Group, there have been sweeping changes.
Old 6th September 2020, 16:18   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Renault will be racing under a new name, Alpine F1 Team in 2021.

Link
Is this the same Alpine that produces tuned up cars for renault? They may be trying to restructure their brands image. Hope the Alpine engineers and the F1 team can exchange learning to make more of the spectacular track cars they did before.
Old 10th September 2020, 00:36   #68
BHPian

Sadly Perez has announced that he is not going to be racing with Racing Point/Aston Martin for 2021.

Vettel seems to have sealed the deal.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Formula 1 silly season-img20200910wa0006.jpg  

DevilzzzzOwn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 07:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

2021 Formula 1 silly season

So Seb gets to stay in F1 after all! As much as I feel for Pérez, I think it makes sense for Aston Martin to have Seb on board for marketing purposes and also to take the team to the next level thru driver inputs. Aston Martin is a big brand in Europe, Middle East and they need a marketable face and thats one big reason. And although Seb has made many mistakes in the last 2 years, his understanding of car, inputs would be key as well.

Pérez is sure to stay in F1, I would be happy if he goes to Alfa Romeo and the team revives to strong mid fielders. However, Haas could also be an option. And all this means that Kimi, Grosjean, Magnussen and evening Givonazzi are all under the threat of losing their seat. Add Hulkenberg in to the mix, and two of the above 4 drivers will have to surely walk away.

So thats Aston Martin, Alpine, Alfa Romeo and also Alpha Tauri! 4 A teams!

Last edited by motorworks : 10th September 2020 at 07:52.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 10:53   #70
BHPian

F1: Sergio Perez to leave Racing Point.

Sad to see Perez leave a team that he helped save and has given great performances for. Sometimes F1 is just ruthless. The only reason I feel Stroll didnt get a boot was maybe because his Dad own the team and he has shown better performance this year.(he is not a bad driver either)

Hope Perez gets a nice payoff to end his contract early. This can only mean one thing Vettel to join Racing Point (Aston Martin next season).I also have a feeling if Perez will shift to Alfa Romeo.

Whatever be the outcome good luck Perez,hope to see you in F1 line up next season ( and hope you beat Stroll this season to confirm my speculations)

Quote:
On Wednesday evening, Perez announced he will leave the Racing Point team he has been with for seven seasons at the end of the year, despite recently insisting that he had a solid contract for 2021 amid rumours linking Vettel with his seat.
Source:perez-leave-racing-point-vettel-poised-f1-switch

Last edited by SideView : 10th September 2020 at 10:54. Reason: Typo
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 21:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Perez should move to Haas, his Mexican sponsors would really be at home with the American team! Haas needs to get a young gun, like someone from F2 and then pair the young driver with Perez.

On other hand, Alfa Romeo must let go off Kimi. He has had his time. He may be fantastic with car inputs and all that, but he is not too motivated on most days. I really wish Alfa Romeo get Hulk and pair him up with Mick Schumacher. Some new blood plus experience would do good.

Grosjean and Giovinaazi should move on. Especially Grosjean, he has had a rather long career by his standards! Magnussen, well, I dont know, he is a bit like Kvyat, people always think there is more to come from these guys, but its not happening. Just look at Gasly in the Alpha Tauri or even Leclerc in the Alfa Romeo last year, and you know these guys dont have that spark in them.
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:46   #72
BHPian

Haas to bid farewell to Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen at the end of the season.

Gunther Steiner will be a busy man this weekend hounded by the press. Till then the speculation train starts.
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:18   #73
BHPian

Sad to see Romain Grosjean out of Haas. He was a likeable fellow on the grid. It is almost certainly Mazepin who's going to replace him. Haas is after Mazepin's money.
There are rumors of Perez moving to Williams. They are also going after money with Perez and Latifi. Russell deserved that seat. Claire Williams blocked his move to Mercedes for 2021 by exercising the 3rd year option, now that Bottas is signed, and Hamilton almost done, Russell will be without a seat.
Another rumor is that Alfa will retain Raikkonen and Giovinazzi. I think they have a deal with Ferrari to have one Ferrari Driving Academy Junior for Engine discount. I thought it would be Illot or Schwartzmann going to Alfa.
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:35   #74
BANNED

Haas have put out a statement saying that both Grosjean and Magnussen are out of Haas at the end of the season.
https://www.haasf1team.com/news/haas-f1-team-statement

Here's an interview with the drivers conducted by Sky sports.
https://streamable.com/0gg770

Here's the Haas press conference

Last edited by turbo : 22nd October 2020 at 20:53.
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:17   #75

I think this is the right decision, both of them never really contributed by taking the team ahead. Even after their aero and other problems the drivers did not contribute much in bringing in improvements. The amount of on track clashes that they had, makes you think if they ever worked as a team and were more competing amongst themselves and never saw the larger picture. The time had come when they needed 2 new drivers, probably one more experienced and the second one as a first time entrant to Formula 1, the Ferrari Academy drivers will come handy here. Haas being a small team with limited funds they really need drivers like Perez who will deliver consistently. I hope their next decision takes the team forward.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks