Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the premier class MotoGP 2020 Riders Championship title?
Marc Marquez 19 47.50%
Andrea Dovizioso 2 5.00%
Maverick Viñales 1 2.50%
Alex Marquez 0 0%
Fabio Quartararo 9 22.50%
Valentino Rossi 8 20.00%
Any other (please specify)? 1 2.50%
Joan Mir 0 0%
Takaaki Nakagami 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2020, 18:36   #1
BHPian

The 2020 MotoGP championship thread

MotoGP 2019 Recap:
- The MotoGP World Championship was the 71st F.I.M. Road Racing World Championship season.
- Marc Márquez successfully defended his Rider's Championship
- Marc Marquez won 12 races, breaking the single-season points and podium records with 420 points and 18 podium finishes from 19 races.
- Seven races namely - Qatar, Italy, Austria, Britain, San Marino, Thailand and Australia were decided with last-lap passes
- Unsurprisingly, the manufacturer and team championship was won by Honda & Repsol Honda team respectively.

Source

MotoGP 2020:

The 72nd world championship is bolstered to 20 rounds for 2020 with the long-awaited return of the Finnish Grand Prix after a 32-year absence. MotoGP will descend on the purpose-built KymiRing on the 10-12 July.

MotoGP also welcomes three rookies on to the grid this year with reigning Moto2 world champion Alex Marquez joining Repsol Honda, while KTM takes on two new faces with Brad Binder at the factory team and Iker Lecuona slotting in at Tech3.

Ducati has become the first MotoGP team to unveil the colours its factory team GP20s will run this season at its official launch event in Bologna.

The 2020 MotoGP championship thread-ducati-2020.jpg

The 2020 MotoGP championship thread-ducati-2020-riders.jpg

The unveil of the other teams will happen on dates as under:
Repsol Honda – 4 February, Jakarta
Suzuki – 6 February, Sepang
Monster Yamaha – 6 February, Sepang
Petronas Yamaha Sepang Team – 6 February, Sepang
Red Bull KTM and Tech3 KTM - 18 February, online
LCR Honda – To Be Confirmed
Pramac Ducati – To Be Confirmed
Aprilia Gresini – To Be Confirmed
Avintia Ducati – To Be Confirmed

Source

The original MotoGP 2020 Calendar is as under:
The 2020 MotoGP championship thread-calender-2020.jpg
Unable to recollect from where did I download this calendar

The revised MotoGP 2020 Calendar is as under:
The 2020 MotoGP championship thread-smartselect_20200611214058_chrome.jpg

The MotoGP rider lineup of 2020 is as under:
The 2020 MotoGP championship thread-rider-lineup.jpg
Source

A look at the circuits of the races in 2020:

Will Marc Marquez be challenged this year? Will Alex pose a threat to his brother? Will Dovi break his run of ending up as runner-up? Will Valentino continue racing post 2020? Who will lift the 2020 MotoGP title?

Cast your vote & let the discussions begin..

Last edited by Aditya : 16th June 2020 at 12:13. Reason: Revised calendar added
five46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 20:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2020 MotoGP championship thread

Looks like 2020 is going to be Rossi's last year in MotoGP. Yamaha factory racing signs up Maverick Viñales and Fabio Quartararo for 2021 and 2022.

Link

Rossi may start the satellite team with Yamaha supplying bikes. Need to see how this turns out. A few race wins in the last year should redeem some of the pride that was lost in the last 2 seasons.

Update: Rossi has sought time till mid season to decide. Yamaha promised a factory spec bike and full support from the factory team.

Link

Last edited by nkrishnap : 29th January 2020 at 20:50.
Old 30th January 2020, 17:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Jorge Lorenzo has signed up as a test rider for Yamaha.
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...honda/4678293/

This is definitely a shot in the arm for Yamaha. Lorenzo on the M1 was a delight to watch and whose dominance on a bike in the recent past has only been mirrored by MM93. Rossi, Vinales, Quartararo and Lorenzo - all of them against Ducati and Marquez.

Should be a fun season!
Old 30th January 2020, 17:35   #4
BHPian

My bet is on Marc Marquez though of late I haven't been following MotoGP. Still have memories of the previous decade when Casey Stoner, Chris Vermuelen, Carlos Checa, Valentino Rossi and co. used to be the main competitors. (Though the Isle of Man TT has kept me captivated all these years with the legend John McGuinness's heroics providing plenty of motivation!
Old 31st January 2020, 13:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am very shortly moving (before the season starts) to a place where I don’t have access to my Tata Sky and would request you to please advice how to watch Moto GP “live” on my TV in some way. Only interested in the Race, qualifying is missable for me.

I have the Apple TV 4K box and access to a fast broadband internet connection. Also have the Tata Sky app on my phone - will mirroring the Sony HD channel where the race is broadcast live from my iPhone to the TV be an option?

Please excuse if this has been discussed before as I couldn’t find anything and don’t get it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2020, 13:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
please advice how to watch Moto GP “live” on my TV in some way. Only interested in the Race, qualifying is missable for me.
You can try Sony Liv. It's what I used to watch the races last season. The website and app both work decently well.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 13:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
You can try Sony Liv.
Thanks Ashwin! Guess it must not be free, do you recall anything about the subscription charges/terms?

Edit: checked it out on the App Store, terrible ratings (2.4 in 9.5k) and reviews.

Any other alternative?

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 31st January 2020 at 13:59. Reason: Added text.
Old 31st January 2020, 14:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashwin! Guess it must not be free, do you recall anything about the subscription charges/terms?

Edit: checked it out on the App Store, terrible ratings (2.4 in 9.5k) and reviews.

Any other alternative?

Cheers

The subscription is ₹499/year. (+ they have some offers occasionally). Perhaps you can you stream from the Sony Liv website instead?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 05:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am very shortly moving (before the season starts) to a place where I don’t have access to my Tata Sky and would request you to please advice how to watch Moto GP “live” on my TV in some way. Only interested in the Race, qualifying is missable for me.

I have the Apple TV 4K box and access to a fast broadband internet connection. Also have the Tata Sky app on my phone - will mirroring the Sony HD channel where the race is broadcast live from my iPhone to the TV be an option?

Please excuse if this has been discussed before as I couldn’t find anything and don’t get it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
I have been in your situation a few years before. Since the last 2 seasons, I have been using the MotoGP app itself, While it is a paid app obviously, but the amount you pay is worth it if you are a hardcore race follower.
If that is not an option like mentioned above give Tatasky app a try, mirroring should work just fine.
I'd also suggest not to go by the ratings of the app, if it does the job of streaming/playing the race w/o any issues I guess it does the job for you.

P.S I think you can also take the pay per view option in the MotoGP app if it's just for 1 race you might be able to pay for that race alone.

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 20th February 2020 at 05:32.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 06:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any other alternative?

Cheers
That's OK. If it's just motogp you want to watch, it works well enough. Those ratings are probably from people who want other content as well. Mostly everyone on the forum who has dropped DTH on the forum uses Sony liv. I'd rate it 5 star for motogp. And dirt cheap. The streams get listed on time, and it's good quality video too.

Last edited by manson : 22nd February 2020 at 19:03. Reason: Typo.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 16:21   #11
BHPian

Marq has just extended his Honda contact until 2024.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...of-2024/324803

I wonder Honda is locking in Marq for a few more years till they can make a rideable bike for others as well. It's pretty much open that if Marq was to leave Honda then Honda's race results would just fall off the grid.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 15:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That's OK. If it's just motogp you want to watch, it works well enough. Those ratings are probably from people who want other content as well. Most everyone on the forum who has dropped DTH on the forum uses Sony liv. I'd rate it 5 star for motogp. And dirt cheap. The streams get listed on time, and it's good quality video too.
Does Sony Liv air the qualifying too? I used to use the app in 2018, but all through last year I watched it on TV. But they channel is not always the same - keeps changing through the year based on priority and that is a pain. If Sony Liv works good, I shall switch back and get their premium services.
Old 23rd February 2020, 12:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Does Sony Liv air the qualifying too? I used to use the app in 2018, but all through last year I watched it on TV. But they channel is not always the same - keeps changing through the year based on priority and that is a pain. If Sony Liv works good, I shall switch back and get their premium services.
Sony Liv telecasts the Race day events only. Not sure if the WUP is even shown.

Cheers
Krishna
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
The subscription is ₹499/year. (+ they have some offers occasionally). Perhaps you can you stream from the Sony Liv website instead?
Thanks Ashwin and Krishna!

I went for the tried and tested option, installed Tata Sky at my Mum’s place May not be a cost effective option, but it’s the easy one.

I will only pay for the channels I want to watch. Moto GP is aired on Sony Ten 1 HD or 2 or 3. Can anyone please confirm which one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will only pay for the channels I want to watch. Moto GP is aired on Sony Ten 1 HD or 2 or 3. Can anyone please confirm which one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Unfortunately, it is one of these channels - based on the demand on that weekend. It keeps shuffling between these channels through the year. I see the schedule of these channels before race day and pick the channels if there is a change.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks