Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2020, 10:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (July 3 - 5, 2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Can someone please tell me how and where to live stream or watch F1. I am in Bengaluru.
Jio TV - Star Sports Select HD 2!
No ads either
Old 6th July 2020, 10:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

That was a great season opener with so much drama to give us an unpredictable podium (apart from Bottas). Ferrari got lucky as they are really off the pace. I can't fathom how they are 0.9s slower than last year. It just makes the 'illegal engine' theories seem true

The Austrian heat along with the unforgiving kerbs are a nice variable to keep the excitement alive. Only 11 cars finished yesterday's race !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
My question still stands why was Vettel not penalised ? ...
That move was dumb and Vettel punished himself as he lost positions whereas it did not affect Sainz's race. If the contact had resulted in Sainz's race being affected, he would have definitely gotten a penalty.

In the Hamilton Albon incident it was clearly Hamilton's fault and Albon's race was practically ruined, while Hamilton got to continue as is which is fully deserving of a penalty.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 10:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I think that Hamilton should have been given a drive through penalty instead of a 5 second penalty considering the effect he had on Albon's race.
+1. The 5 second penalty was not fair for the 14 second loss to Albon.

Personal opinion : I feel Hamilton is like the Salman Khan of F1.

Acts all cool and socially conscious off-track.

But on-track, he's a bit of a sore loser, rightly pointed out by Albon after he spun.

During the race, he was gunning to the limit to overtake Bottas. It was only after Toto and James gave them critical warnings of possible gearbox failures did they hold themselves back.

I felt really sad for Albon. He's not afraid to take overtaking risks. VER and him shall make a competitive team!
sharktale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 10:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

WHAT A RACE!

I have been gunning for Leclerc since last year and my heart sank when I saw his pace during the race. Then the Albon incident happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
+1. The 5 second penalty was not fair for the 14 second loss to Albon.

Personal opinion : I feel Hamilton is like the Salman Khan of F1.

Acts all cool and socially conscious off-track.
I, personally, have never liked Hamilton. I feel he is downright arrogant and thinks of him as the F1 God or something. And it really broke my heart when the Albon incident happened, again. Deep down that makes me a Bottas fan too. He is that quiet employee who suits up, reaches office on time and does THE JOB, but has a peer who is the blue eyed boy and gets all the promotions at year end.

On the flipside, I am very excited for Albon too. It will be very interesting to see how he stacks up against Verstappen this season.

Last edited by Pancham : 6th July 2020 at 10:54.
Pancham is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 10:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Jio TV - Star Sports Select HD 2!
No ads either
Add Hotstar as well, I streamed on it and projected on my wall. Proper sports bar stuff at home
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1: The 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (July 3 - 5, 2020)-kimi-austrian-gp.jpg  

ds.raikkonen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 11:33   #51
BHPian

Amazing Race!

A great start for McLaren, Lando got his first podium because Hamilton clashes with Albon yet again! You gotta feel bad for Albon though, he had a good strategy of switching to softer tyres while Hamilton and Valtteri had hard profile tyres, he could’ve finished 2nd if he hadn’t been so impatient. But indeed a great race!
Old 6th July 2020, 12:39   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

What a race!

Seemed like we had 4 starts instead of one, thanks to the safety car episodes. Fantastic work by Bottas to not allow anyone else other than Hamilton to even come close. I feel he's always the equivalent of Hamilton but doesn't get the credit that he deserves.

I'm a fan of Hamilton for his driving capabilities, but I'm not a fan of his kinda-cribbing habit. I was very satisfied when Norris pulled out that amazing lap on the last lap; keeping the best for the end! That was simple but brilliant strategy!

Good that we have one more race on this same track next week - I'd like to see Red Bull roaring back into the game, both Verstappen and Albon! And hopefully Ferrari will pull up their socks too!
Old 6th July 2020, 13:13   #53
BHPian

It was a good race. Albon and Lando have a great future. Sebastian seems to be damaged goods. With such display no one will be in a hurry to make an offer to him especially having such young talents available. I was confused with ferrari's cold shoulder of him. But maybe comparison of Kimi vs Alonso and Kmi Vs Seb qualifying pace difference, they would have come to the conclusion that Seb aint a 40M$ driver.
Old 6th July 2020, 13:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Add Hotstar as well, I streamed on it and projected on my wall. Proper sports bar stuff at home
Biggest bonus with Hotstar for me is the lack of ads. You can watch the entire race from beginning till end without being interrupted.

However stream quality yesterday was really poor to say the least. Pixellation and blockiness everywhere!
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 14:01   #55
BANNED

So the season starts at last. Very interesting. If you see the results, not very remarkable.

But then multiple sessions (3 pace car), takes away the sheen. Also, Vettel out of Q2 (he was 11th). LeClerc was only 7th. Not normal for Ferrari. I still remember the dodecicilndri days.

Ferrari seemed to be about 1s off the pace. Vettel seems to have 'lost it'. What Ferrari did well was to keep their noses clean.

Hamilton docked 10s for causing an accident, someone else 5s for speeding in the pit lane. Verstappen with an engine failure and his partner in the Hamilton do.

However, three different engines, Merc, Ferrari and Renault on the 'podium'. If the Red Bulls had not been unlucky then the Honda would also have been there.
Old 6th July 2020, 14:03   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What a race!

Seemed like we had 4 starts instead of one, thanks to the safety car episodes. Fantastic work by Bottas to not allow anyone else other than Hamilton to even come close. I feel he's always the equivalent of Hamilton but doesn't get the credit that he deserves.
I think Hamilton is in a different league all together even though personally I do not like him. But ability wise, he is just brilliant. And Bottas was sitting duck for him if not for those team orders. He was knocking off almost a second per lap at one point. That is insane by F1 standards.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 14:23   #57
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I think Hamilton is in a different league all together even though personally I do not like him.
Being a champ and an expert driver what he has done to Alex Albon (again after Brazil) is simply ruthless. Let's see over this weekend if Albon can take a podium.
Old 6th July 2020, 14:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Being a champ and an expert driver what he has done to Alex Albon (again after Brazil) is simply ruthless. Let's see over this weekend if Albon can take a podium.
He isn't the first or the last to do it. The legendary Schumacher himself resorted to dirty tricks multiple times throughout his career. And thanks to Ferrari clout, used to get away most of the times.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 15:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I think Hamilton is in a different league all together even though personally I do not like him. But ability wise, he is just brilliant. And Bottas was sitting duck for him if not for those team orders. He was knocking off almost a second per lap at one point.
Bottas was indeed a sitting duck, yet HAM could not pass him even with 2 DRS zones and better tyres. HAM is brilliant at managing tyres when he needs to, but there is a saying in motorsports: 'catching is one thing, passing is another'.

True, team orders did kick in once James Vowles sternly made it clear on his radio to avoid kerbs. But you have to hand it to BOT who could manage to get away even after multiple safety car restarts. Though it could have been different had Albon passed on the outside of...in a way HAM helped BOT win by punting off Albon!

Quote:
And thanks to Ferrari clout, used to get away most of the times.
Same can be said for Mercedes and Hamilton now. Strong teams, especially who also supply engines have much more power in F1 than other teams who are not engine suppliers (Red Bull?). Though VER gets away with much more simply because he pulls more eye balls with his go-for-it-and-care-about-it-later style of driving which F1 needs badly.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 19:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
It was a good race. Albon and Lando have a great future. Sebastian seems to be damaged goods. With such display no one will be in a hurry to make an offer to him especially having such young talents available. I was confused with ferrari's cold shoulder of him. But maybe comparison of Kimi vs Alonso and Kmi Vs Seb qualifying pace difference, they would have come to the conclusion that Seb aint a 40M$ driver.
Even I was under the belief that Seb was beyond this prime, but please see the video in the article attached. He had literally no control over the car. He lost the balance of the car 3 times in one lap. He even equipped that he was glad that he spun only once. He went to say the pace was 1.5 seconds off the Friday practice.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/au...an-grand-prix/

And even with such a shitty car, I can't believe that Binotto has the face to tell Seb didn't drive his best. Binotto is probably embarrassed that now the whole world knows that Ferrari lied about Seb's contract negotiation and is taking it out at Seb at every opportunity he gets.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks