Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 13:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza (September 04-06)

Yeah, me too thinking of giving todays race a pass. Already watched the reruns of 2019 Monza and cant get enough of that.

The only exciting part of todays race might be Renault, McLaren, AlphaTauri and Racing Point fighting it out with RB joining in (maybe).

Ferrari, Alfa and Haas can just watch from the sidelines (never even dreamt of stating such a thing for Ferrari since 2000s)
Old 6th September 2020, 13:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
"Get in there Lewis" the most undeserving champion ever!
TBH I am going to give this to you, even I was expecting Hamilton to be ahead in the final run in Q3, even the commentators were expecting that, but as @tazamaan has mentioned Bottas could have simple refused the tow, given that how chaotic Q1 was and he could miss out on something.

One simple incident without justifications and Hamilton is not a worthy 6 times champion, come on man, the hatred is real.

P.S Hamilton was almost 10 seconds behind on both laps, and if you think that provided him the 0.062 advantage over Bottas, peace to you.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 6th September 2020 at 13:55.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 16:26   #18
BHPian

Adding to my point above, Bottas himself has said that it was his decision to go out 1st again.

Name:  Screenshot_5.png
Views: 3352
Size:  45.4 KB
Old 6th September 2020, 19:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well well well. What an horrific race for Ferrari at their home race.
With the two incidents, hopefully will we see a different team on the top step of the podium.
Stroll, Gasly, Sainz and Bottas have all the chance to win this race, if Hamilton has to serve a similar Stop go penalty like Giovianzzi

Last edited by speedmiester : 6th September 2020 at 19:34.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

What a race, what a race, WHATTA RACE!!!!

Brilliant just brilliant, congrats to Gasly and Sainz, mclaren gave it everything till the end, what a moment for the sport. If we had spectators today at monza, it would have been a riot.

And how fast is Hamilton, he still finished 7th, guy is a legend.
AtheK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant brilliant race!!!
I am so happy to see a lot of action on the track and see different faces and teams on the podium.
Gasly drove very well to soak up the pressure from Sainz. Sainz is a future race winner for sure with Ferrari.
An Italian team winning the Italian GP, no one would have predicted in their wildest dreams.

Hamilton drove a fantastic race to move back up the field to finish 7th. A drive of the champion.

I am so glad I was able to watch it live unlike last week.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:43   #22
BHPian

Imagine the plight of Helmut Marko and Christian Horner.

They chuck Gasly out and he rubs it in their face today with that awesome win. They lobby to get "party mode" banned and to their horror find now they are behind McLaren as well
jraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:49   #23
BHPian

Formula 1: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza (September 04-06)

What entertainment. Gasly got lucky and what a talent to grasp it and hold on to it. Best day of his life so far.

Ferrari nothing to say except a minute of silence.

Mc laren, Renault both are performing consistently and much better than what was expected at the start of the season.

Redbull had a tough race but the engine tune limit seems to have effected them the most. It is sad because with these rules it is only Mercedes from now on.

Bottas must have been carrying some defect big enough that could not be fixed during the red flag. But the legend Hamilton, even as a fan I am glad he got a penalty and got to see him in action instead of just leading.

But Hamilton did have a lead of 13 odd seconds on Bottas before the safety car and finished inside of 12 seconds after taking a drive through penalty of 10 seconds. There is no doubt with issues ( Bottas car) or not that Hamilton is a better driver in the Mercedes camp.

Great race and good entertainment. Reverse grid F1 is the way to go.

Last edited by tazmaan : 6th September 2020 at 20:51.
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:49   #24
BHPian

Amazing Race!!!

It’s so good to see a team other than Mercedes and RB take the podium. Beautiful race by Gasly and Sainz. To be honest, I was really looking for a podium finish for old Kimi when he was running second on lap 35 after the restart, would’ve loved to see him on the podium one more time.

Very sad race for Ferrari though, that to in Monza.

P.S: what’s with Bottas and race starts? looks like he’s having some serious problems in starting a race properly.
Mat095 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Popular result that seems to be
What a lovely drive by a totally fresh podium, especially a mclaren on the podium after eons!
What a drive though, by the champion. I think Ferrari were worried that they may not get enough screen time in Italy, so they arranged and ensured that they're cars stayed on the screen for a long time. What a horrid show at a home race!
Amazing race, all in all.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Gasly really soaked all that pressure in, didn't he? What a drive! So happy for him after all that he has been through with Red Bull.

Never thought we will get to hear the Italian anthem at Monza for the second year in a row. The B team of Dietrich does it at Monza again! But the season really needed this one!
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Was thinking of skipping the race. Somehow it was Monza so I didn't and am I glad.

What a RACE. Brilliant last laps from Gasly and Sainz. Such a refreshing race. New faces on the podium. Thats what we need to get F1 back.

Bottas and Albon are clear No. 2s. They cannot be the lead driver. Even though I'm not at all a lewis fan, must say that recovery was great.

Ferrari -:
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

With 'Get in there Lewis' missing from the usual first place along with his wingman in second, this was a refreshing change.
I disregard Mercedes from the standings in this seasons races till now, since they run an endurance race.
This time that happened in reality as the usual mid field scrap came on the top.
Three different engines in top three.

As much as I wanted Sainz to win, happy for Honda and it would have been a double blow to McLaren since they were down in the pack when Honda were their engine suppliers.

Wonder what must be going through Sainz's mind about next year.

Last edited by tharian : 6th September 2020 at 21:09.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:23   #29

What an entertaining race! It is good to see new faces on the podium and some different teams winning races..there should be more of this often

I am enjoying the mid field battle the most this season. McLaren, Racing Point, Renault and Alpha Tauri are pretty evenly matched weekend in, weekend out.. Now with 'Party Modes' gone, may be even Redbull will get involved in this scrap as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
"Get in there Lewis" the most undeserving champion ever!
Lewis has just been lucky in his formula one career. He has had a car that could fight for podiums/race win each season since the beginning. His move to Mercedes was once termed as the stupidest move ever as Mercedes at that point was a team with no legacy and performing just average..but that team just went on to dominate the turbo hybrid era. So, like I said, just very lucky! But having said that he has been able to capitalise on what was provided to him, so Kudos to him..
rmz1088 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

So here is a note of thanks to two drivers for giving us a fantastic race!!
Kevin Magnussen - take a bow for retiring. Getting the pit lane closed and tripping up Lewis Hamilton!
Leclerc - for that massive shunt and a red flagged race, followed by a restart. Everyone getting a free pitstop as a result!

The mid fielders who have been keeping the excitement in F1 alive deserved a shot at the front and boy was there a better place than Monza to get it too. Gasly drove a fantastic race starting P10 and capitalising on the situation to finish P1. Gasly really looked strong in all the races this season, making up quite a few places in races and finishing strongly in the points. Well deserved. Sainz's desire to leave McLaren with a podium was so much visible and it might have been had he not run out of laps.

The race was Stroll's to loose with the Racing Point's power advantage guaranteed to make it a serious contender. However I believe his inexperience lost him places at the restart. Good recovery to finish P3.

Raikkonen made his point. Guys, I am still fast. Put me in a competitive car and I'll whip the socks off there young turks!! Held on gamely in second place till the Alfa Romeo dragged him down the order.

However where the hell was Bottas. Royally messed up the start, got a second chance at the restart. Arguably the fastest package in F1 today and the lone car he overtook was Raikkonen in an Alfa in reverse! Was complaining about engine settings and the like but wasn't Lewis in the same car.

If it isn't the team or driver, it's the car. So an exploding brake assembly put paid to Vettel's chances this weekend. I am not sure that Leclerc would have been able to make much headway either. The shunt showed how hard he was pushing to keep the car where it was.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 6th September 2020 at 21:32.
shibujp is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks