Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2020, 19:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix - Mugello (11-13 September)

Crazy Race!!!

9 laps and we’ve already seen a Yellow flag and a Red flag. I still don’t know who was at fault for the red flag. Also, its the second consecutive Red flag, if they’re having so many crashes on one of finest tracks I wonder what would happen in Nurburgring.

On the other hand, Bottas finally had a good start to the race.
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 19:15   #17
BHPian

Formula 1: 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix - Mugello (11-13 September)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
What the hell is happening. Crazy start and crazier restart.

What a mess.

Was kind of having a hunch that this race would see several safety car incidents. But no where I was expecting this. What a start by Bottas and a standing start with their positions reversed will test him. Hang in there Bottas.

A very rare poor start by Hamilton but to his luck he has a second shot. Qualifying luck evens out for him.

I hope no more incidents and we get a race.

I am so sorry for Max that is one driver I was hoping who can take the fight to the Mercedes. Very disappointed.

Last edited by tazmaan : 13th September 2020 at 19:18.
Old 13th September 2020, 19:22   #18

Lol! Only 700 meters of actuall racing in 9 laps.
ShivSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 19:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Was kind of having a hunch that this race would see several safety car incidents. But no where I was expecting this. What a start by Bottas and a standing start with their positions reversed will test him. Hang in there Bottas.

A very rare poor start by Hamilton but to his luck he has a second shot. Qualifying luck evens out for him.

I hope no more incidents and we get a race.

I am so sorry for Max that is one driver I was hoping who can take the fight to the Mercedes. Very disappointed.
Lewis is just in another league, great driver and add to it that car, already ahead. In a parallel universe I think Lewis will beat bottas even with a redbull

Last edited by AtheK : 13th September 2020 at 19:35.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 19:34   #20
BHPian

Wow! What a crazy start! That too back to back weekends of red flag! Netflix would be salivating with all these drama for 2020! DTS is going to be crazy this year!

Disappointing to see Albon struggle so much! He has dropped from P4 to P7 after race restarts! His confidence must be rock bottom to perform so bad compared to last year! Wonder what changed?

Damn! So absolutely humiliating for Ferrari to be overtaken by every single car after starting P3 that too in their 1000th GP! I pray that this disappointing performance causes some kind of media backlash in Italy for Ferrari to change their approach!

Last edited by prasathlr : 13th September 2020 at 19:47. Reason: Additional info
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 21:35   #21
BHPian

Position No. Driver Car
1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes
3 23 Alexander Albon Red Bull-Honda
4 3 Daniel Ricciardo Renault
5 11 Sergio Perez Racing Point-Mercedes
6 4 Lando Norris McLaren-Renault
7 26 Daniil Kvyat AlphaTauri-Honda
8 16 Charles Leclerc Ferrari
9 7 Kimi Raikkonen Alfa Romeo-Ferrari
10 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
11 63 George Russell Williams-Mercedes
12 8 Romain Grosjean Haas-Ferrari

What an exciting and crash strewn race!! Lewis wins his 90th race.

Bottas tried his best but wasn’t good enough. Happy for Albon.

Last edited by Yusha : 13th September 2020 at 21:36.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 21:53   #22
BHPian

What a crazy race!!! Mugello delivered!

2 Red Flags!!!
Quote:
Ferraris have finished 8th & 10th on their own track.
This should be the title for Ferrari 1000.

Gotta feel bad for Max & others who have crashed & DNF. Crazy air time for some cars who crashed. 8 DNFs in total. Would have been an entirely different outcome if the crashes never happened. What's outstanding to me was even with 2 red flags both Ferraris intact. That was borderline surprising to me. Pains me to write like this being a huge Ferrari fan.

One of the key takeaway is that only Mercedes & Ferrari have finished with both of their respective cars each.

Coming to Bottas, I feel bad for the guy. Every time he is so close, yet unable to achieve P1. I don't understand the strategy of Merc at all. Sometimes it feels like Merc is Team LH.

Brilliant performance by Albon & Ricciardo with P3 & P4 respectively. I would have loved it even more if Ric had finished P3. Nevertheless, it's a long time coming & a well-deserved podium for Albon. His radio after Horner's congratulations, "Thanks for sticking with me", shows how close he was to getting fired & sent back to AlphaTauri.

Source: F1Fun4u

Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 13th September 2020 at 22:22.
Old 13th September 2020, 22:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a absolutely fantastic race! The blinder that Formula 1 desperately needs. Just one thing needs to change - there cannot be a running restart here. It's a recipe for disaster. Bottas did what he had to do; wait till the end of the straight to bolt which obviously not visible to the rest of the pack but what a stonking getaway he had on the start of the race - really beat Hamilton hands down.

What I liked about Bottas too today is that he was clearly assertive. "I want to do the opposite of what Hamilton does". He should do more of that he wants to win the title at Hamilton. i would question his race craft though. He should have ensured that he stopped after Hamilton to follow this request through. He should own his strategies and force the team to follow them.

I felt yesterday that the setup was clearly different between Leclerc and Vettel. Seems to be so given the way Leclerc's car was eating though the tyres. In the end, they both finished 9th and 10th. Given Ferrari's current form it's equivalent to a podium!

Finally Albon on the podium and with his trademark overtaking around the outside on both Riccardo and Stroll. Well deserved!

I was torn between Riccardo and Albon to be frank. That Renault is really singing in Riccardo's hands. Terrific pace too! Shame that it could not hold off the Red Bull though.

Russel still waits for his maiden F1 point which is a shame. One more retirement and he would have had it.

The crash that triggered the second safety car looked crazy. From the replays it seemed to me that Latifi was literally stationary and from what i could make out in the interviews during the race Sainz was doing over 200 kmph when he crashed into Latifi. Perhaps Latifi slowed down to avoid overtaking someone else realising that the race was just on on yet.

F1 management should ideally have tracks like this through the season. Every year a different one. A variation to throw a googly at the teams and drivers.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Italy provided two eventful races. I hope Imola does the same.
Be it new track or old, Mercs are unbeatable, and looks like, will be the same next year
Bottas is really pushing Lewis this year, but his race craft needs a lot of fine tuning. Lewis is managing the tyres incredibly well.
The beautiful Burgundy Ferrari had a dismal day. Thank god both ended atleast in points.
Poor George had to miss out on points again, and the old champion despite being involved in multiple incidents, took his points. Kimi is truly incredible.
All who stood on the podium at Monza, crashed out today. If not for HALO, Sainz would have been critically injured.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:39   #25

What a race! 3 standing starts and it went on for so long.

Alex Albon finally gets his first podium after being denied twice earlier. Though I like Riccardo, I somehow wanted Alex to get the podium after the second restart. And he earned it with some respectable driving!

Both Ferrari's finishing in points was a consolation for their 1000th grand prix.

Kimi Raikkonen is on fire! He is pushing that Ferrari powered Alfa Romeo to the limits.. He just lost one position at the end due to his 5 second penalty.
rmz1088 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:40   #26
BHPian

What a race! 2 redflags, 3 standing starts and a podium for Albon. Both Ferraris managed to score points even. Russell was so close to his first point. Gutted for him.
Old 14th September 2020, 06:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Was a crazy race!

And here is the restart mayhem. I don't think anyone can be singled out. Some of them at the rear, like Russell, had a gap and launched the car thinking the race was on. But it wasn't. So, took the foot off the A pedal and the pack behind bunched up with nowhere to go. I don't like carnage like these and glad that everyone is okay.

Old 14th September 2020, 09:32   #28
BHPian

Leaving everything aside in the crazy and chaotic race, what I want to know is that how on earth Kimi forged a gap of 5+ sec over Vettel (factory Ferrari machine) and Russell (with a Mercedes engine at the back and who was going much quicker in the first stint) and almost over LeClerc too! Staggering pace from the Iceman in the Alfa, brilliant!

And luckily for Ferrari, both cars finished in the points at their 1000th race. A 9-10 finish out of 12 isn't great but saved them them from humiliation. Vettel looked nowhere again, Aston Martin might be having second thoughts now.

Once again, the Mercedes cars look as if they can start 100 m behind P20 grid slot and still end up lapping the entire field! Ridiculous how far they are, and Bottas not able to do anything about it is even more infuriating. Wonder what would have been had it been Ricciardo instead of Bottas, brilliant race from the Aussie. Though Albon finally got a well deserved podium, even if it was without Verstappen, silencing his critics (for the time being).
Old 14th September 2020, 09:56   #29
KPR
BANNED

Crazy race. I'm really happy for Albon. Covered up loss of Max to be among the Mercs in podium. Third time lucky. This should boost his confidence and up his driving skills.
Old 14th September 2020, 11:32   #30
BHPian

What a season of F1 this is turning out to be especially for the midfield teams, points are available on lottery. Whoever predicted this race would be a procession with little to no overtakes.

All I could feel is for Bottas, right from FP1 he was looking like a serious threat and I was betting on him to win the GP, Hamilton got lucky with Yellow flags in Q3 and he ended up P1, coming to the race.

Green Light 1: Superb start from Bottas and an horrible one for Hamilton.
Green Light 2: Not a bad start from Bottas, but Hamilton with the slipstream went ahead into turn1.
Green Light 3: Hamilton finally nails the start and with Bottas's poor start, even Riccardo overtook him.

Pit Strategy: Bottas wanted to attack and asked the team to do the opposite of Hamilton, he even got 1st preference and I thought he's going to undercut Hamilton, with the SC coming out his efforts were neutralized.

Post Race: Bottas, his girlfriend all wore a dejected look and I really felt for him, he gave one too many chances to Hamilton and Hamilton grabbed it with both hands.

Is Mercedes giving preferential treatment to Hamilton or is he just "lucky" being in the right place at the right time, it's just more frustration for Bottas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks