Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 14:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Your favourite F1 driver of all time

My favorite F1 driver is Jacques Villeneuve. Never a dull moment when he was at the wheel.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:04   #32
BHPian

Michael. Then, now, and forever. Even have a tattoo of his logo.

Right now, I just watch for the sport more, rather than anything else. But I do like who Vettel is as a person.
DeathPig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:30   #33
BHPian

This man.
Your favourite F1 driver of all time-alpn.jpg

I know he is arrogant. He is bossy. But no one can match him in terms of the raw talent he posses. (yeah! bit exaggerated). But no one would have nursed this car to pits in Azerbaijan GP with double punctures and get P6 in a mediocre car.

Your favourite F1 driver of all time-rc2lfv0hbuu01.png

Manier times we talk about his choices. The return to Renault in 2008, the controversial Singapore GP. His move to Ferrari, then back to McLaren-Honda in 2015 ensured that he never had the best car in the grid. Still, he managed to extract more out his GP2 engine.

I'm eagerly waiting for his return back to Renault. The car has some true potential. Maybe he will be able to get some podiums this time.
avaneesh. is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:19   #34
BHPian

My favorite F1 "pilot" in the true sense of the word is the one and only Niki Lauda.
Your favourite F1 driver of all time-niki.jpg

A disciplined F1 driver, an astute businessman and an ethical person to a fault. ( Read his response to Boeing trying to blame shift their technical flaws below)

Lauda's visit with Boeing
Lauda stated, "what really annoyed me was Boeing's reaction once the cause was clear. Boeing did not want to say anything."[22] Lauda asked Boeing to fly the scenario in a simulator that used different data as compared to the one that Lauda had performed tests on at Gatwick Airport.[25] Boeing initially refused, but Lauda insisted, so Boeing granted permission. Lauda attempted the flight in the simulator 15 times, and in every instance he was unable to recover. He asked Boeing to issue a statement, but the legal department said it could not be issued because it would take three months to adjust the wording. Lauda asked for a press conference the following day, and told Boeing that if it was possible to recover, he would be willing to fly on a 767 with two pilots and have the thrust reverser deploy in air. Boeing told Lauda that it was not possible, so he asked Boeing to issue a statement saying that it would not be survivable, and Boeing issued it. Lauda then added, "this was the first time in eight months that it had been made clear that the manufacturer [Boeing] was at fault and not the operator of the aeroplane [or Pratt and Whitney]."[22]
Of course James Hunt and Kimi Raikkonen come a close second.
Check out James Hunt's response to Sir Sterling Moss

Neil Roy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:23   #35
BHPian

Among the current generation IMHO Fernando is the greatest and I am a die hard fan of him. He beat the great Michael Schumi. I am sure he can beat anyone among the current generation in an equal machinery on a race day.
Your favourite F1 driver of all time-alonso-renault.jpg

When it comes to all time favorite, its none other than the true legend Ayrton Senna. The charisma, the intent and the raw talent he possessed is second to none. He redefined the F1.
Attached Thumbnails
Your favourite F1 driver of all time-ayrtonsenna.jpg  

Senna_sempre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:56   #36
BHPian

My all time favorite F1 racer is Mika Hakkinen. I've discussed the same countless times in different threads in this forum, there are many great racers in the past and in the present era, but as a kid, I grew up watching Mika Hakkinen and Michael Schumacher rivalry on tracks and I always admired Mika for his cool and composed racing style. Schumi is undoubtedly one of the greatest F1 legends of all times along with Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel (in terms of Championship wins).

WhiteSierra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:39   #37
BHPian

LH from the current crop of racers, But SENNA the ultimate favorite of all time. Got a chance to visit his memorial in Sao Paulo, was like a race fan's pilgrimage.
Purchased this helmet about 15 years ago. Still keep it polished and shining to this day...
Attached Thumbnails
Your favourite F1 driver of all time-1611057301492-2.jpg  

AJITHAAA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:48   #38
BHPian

The one and only Michael Schumacher ( had to google for last name spelling though).

My interest in F1 racing started with him and almost died after he retired. but I still watch for the love of cars.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 18:48   #39
BHPian

Its heartening to see so many of us literally taking words out of my mouth already - Schumacher is the reason I started following F1 in the first place. And obviously the answers to this thread may be biased, but I think he was one of the best drivers on the grid especially when circumstances (car,weather) were against him.

And also agreeing with many others that LeClerc is definitely the one I am looking forward to watching the most (hopefully in a competitive car).
deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 19:54   #40
BHPian

One more Vettel fan. Other than him, i support Ricciardo as well.
vj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 19:59   #41
BHPian

I really want to say the drivers who went against the best of their era have to be my favorites.

Instead of having one, I have a few.

1. The "Flying Finn" Mika Hakkinen - I don't know anything I say about him here would do an justice to his incredible talent. And to get into the heads of the greatest of his time, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher is no easy task.

2. Kimi "The other Flying Finn" Raikonnen - Bwoah! Pure talent, raw speed and in the right machinery even at the age of 40 can still give many big names on the grid a proper run for their money. But I love this guy for his honesty and focus. I am here to drive a formula 1 car, to drive it fast, win the race, have an ice cream and hop on my yacht to finish the day the Finnish way. He is a legend and I genuinely feel if he had a reliable car during his McLaren days, he could have easily bagged a couple of WDC's

3. Fernando Alonso - Like everyone of us, he's got his own share of things that many do not like about him. But when he climbs into a Formula 1 car, buckles up and pulls his visor down, he does that only for one thing, to win. And he doesn't understand what giving up means. An absolute fighter.

4. Michael Schumacher - Why is he #4 on my list? Well although many regard MSC as the G.O.A.T, I have massive respect for the guys who competed with him when he and his team were in their absolute prime. Does that make MSC #4, he and Ayrton Senna is beyond #1

5. The Honey Badger Daniel "Dive Bomb" Ricciardo - incredible talent, shoeies (if thats a word) and an absolute gem of a guy. The McLaren guys are gonna have a lot to laugh in 2021 for sure. I really cannot think of anything that I could point out to hate Daniel. One of a kind.

If George Russell and Alex Albon manages to get racing seats that they could use to display their talents, well atleast George did a fantastic job driving the wheels off Lewis's car. So much that even the Merc boys are thinking "do we even need a 7 time world champion?"

I mentioned Alex Albon because, I really feel in a car that matches his driving style, he could be some as good or may be even better than the likes of Sergio Perez (I really like Checo, particularly in 2020) Alex has displayed his incredible talent in wheel to wheel combat many a times with some spectacular overtakes.

Finally, I cannot end my list without Sebastian Vettel. I cannot think of a personality quite like him on the grid. I really hope he finally gets a car for challenging the Mercs

Last edited by ron_9191 : 19th January 2021 at 20:27.
ron_9191 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I find it strange nobody has Jensen Button on their list.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:04   #43
BHPian

Another Mika Hakkinen fan here. The Hakkinen vs Schumacher era was one of the most entertaining and exciting times F1 would ever witness.
Herschey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:30   #44

My first F1 memories go back to the Hakkinen vs Schumacher rivalry and although i wanted Ferrari to win the championship yet it was Hakkinen who i wanted to win more than Schumacher.
From the current crop, Lewis Hamilton may not be a popular choice but he is a pretty good Driver.
sahil1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 22:13   #45
BHPian

For me it will always be Schumacher right from my early childhood.
SatyRoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed