Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 17:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!

Final 2022 Entry List as revealed by the FIA yesterday.

- Mission Winnow is not title sponsor for Ferrari.
- RedBull Powertrains reflects as an engine maker.
- Guanyu Zhou takes No. 24

The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-image_20211209_170149.png
akash_v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 21:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

First sounds from the Mercedes W13!

akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:41   #33
BHPian

I thought Max had plans of using #1 this year?
Old 24th December 2021, 16:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
I thought Max had plans of using #1 this year?
He will be using No.1 in 2022. They might just update the list later.
Old 26th December 2021, 20:45   #35
BHPian

https://www.news18.com/news/sports/b...n-4594157.html
Bernie feels Hamilton may retire before 2022 season start.
If thats to happen, who will take his place ?
Old 26th December 2021, 21:27   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
https://www.news18.com/news/sports/b...n-4594157.html
Bernie feels Hamilton may retire before 2022 season start.
If thats to happen, who will take his place ?
First Bernie said he doesn't know why Hamilton wants to beat Schumacher record, now he is saying he doesn't think Lewis will continue.

Bernie is still pissed at Lewis because Lewis supported black likes matter. Ever since then Lewis had a target on his back by all the silent racists in F1 and FIA.

Just google bernie and lewis. After the BLM support Bernie has never said any nice things on Lewis.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 10:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Breaking: Alpine have announced that Fernando Alonso will continue to race with the team in 2022, with boss Laurent Rossi saying they have been impressed with the Spaniard’s “dedication, teamwork and focus” since he returned to Formula 1 this season.

Awesome stuff, arguable the complete driver even in todays Racing circuits.
Old 1st January 2022, 18:00   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Race schedule as shared by Formula 1 on Twitter.

The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-20220101_175235.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:46   #39
BHPian

Alright - so after a bit of an off-season lull, we as F1 fans are warming up for the approaching 2022 season. Come February, F1 teams will start flexing their muscles and showing off their cats in the new liveries followed by the testing in Barcelona. And before we know it, the F1 circus will be in Bahrain for the first race.

I am too excited to see what the mega minds of motor racing come up with navigating through the loopholes of the new rules. I am pretty sure there will be some extreme innovations from some teams to extract the maximum out of the machines (DAS by Mercedes being the most recent). Journalists and experts around the world would have started sharpening their pencils to write notes about the new cars and predict who the next champion will be. I can only hope and wish that we have a 2022 WDC fight as closely fought as the 2021 was, of course without the last race drama that happened outside of the track rather than on it.

While all this is happening, there is one gentleman who seems to be sulking and grumpy somewhere without a trace (rightly or wrongly depending on which side you are). Sir Lewis Hamilton, where on earth is he ? There is still no clarity if he is going to be racing in 2022. Some say he is running away from a potential fight with George Russel and/or Max Verstappen. Others say he is mentally hurt so bad that he doesn’t want to race anymore, that he has lost faith in FIA. All kind of theories flying around.

Be that as it may, my gut feeling is he would definitely be in the Mercedes seat in February. It would be too late now to leave Mercedes high and dry without a driver. If you remember there were similar talks of him retiring after winning the 2020 WDC because it was getting too easy for him. Who knew at the time what 2021 had in store.

What’s your opinion about all this? Would love to hear what you guys have to say.
A. He should have retired after 2020 on a high.
B. He should retire now. FIA is a joke.
C. He should continue to race. He is not what he is just because of a great car.

I wish I could create a poll but being a ‘Newbie’, I can’t.
Old 14th January 2022, 14:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
While all this is happening, there is one gentleman who seems to be sulking and grumpy somewhere without a trace (rightly or wrongly depending on which side you are).
I agree with you - he will definitely be back in the Merc seat. However, he lost all my respect for him as a person with the constant whining from the cockpit and even more so after his behavior after Silverstone and the Abu Dhabi races. Such a sore loser. As a driver - he is one of the best out there and no doubt about it. Having a strong car all these years only helped him cement his position in the history books.

Looking forward for the 2022 season to start and hope the races will be as interesting as 2021 and there are more than one challengers in the fray.

PS: Big Ferrari fan here, so #ForzaFerrari
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Having a strong car all these years only helped him cement his position in the history books.
And a mediocre teammate (apologies to Bottas fans).

BTW, I am Ferrari fan too from Michael Schumacher days. Hope they have a good car this season. Pained me to see them languishing in the midfield all these years.
Kickdown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 15:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
While all this is happening, there is one gentleman who seems to be sulking and grumpy somewhere without a trace (rightly or wrongly depending on which side you are). Sir Lewis Hamilton, where on earth is he ? There is still no clarity if he is going to be racing in 2022. Some say he is running away from a potential fight with George Russel and/or Max Verstappen. Others say he is mentally hurt so bad that he doesn’t want to race anymore, that he has lost faith in FIA. All kind of theories flying around.
Yes, you are right, it would be too late now. All the news about him retiring seems to be rumors or a usual political and blackmailing drama by him and Mercedes AMG.

So much for being the 7 time world champion.

Update : “The outcome of the detailed analysis will be presented to the F1 Commission in February and final decisions will be announced at the World Motor Sport Council in Bahrain on 18 March"

Quote:
What’s your opinion about all this? Would love to hear what you guys have to say.
A. He should have retired after 2020 on a high.
B. He should retire now. FIA is a joke.
C. He should continue to race. He is not what he is just because of a great car.
I personally have lost all the respect after his cribbing on the radio, the drama and fuss he's created, and his habit of going back on his own words. He should race in 2022 and lose to Russell.

Also, if Masi is fired at this time, it will just show as to how a team can pressurize the FIA into its own favor. The inconsistencies were seen though the season and most were favoring Mercedes and Hamilton. All of them should be considered, as all the decision were made by Masi.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th January 2022 at 17:18. Reason: Comments on racism angle removed to avoid off-topic discussions.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

We have our 1st car reveal date and it is none other than Aston Martin. Received this mail today

The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-capture.jpg

Last edited by akash_v12 : 14th January 2022 at 16:05.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 17:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Also, if Masi is fired at this time, it will just show as to how a team can pressurize the FIA into its own favor. The inconsistencies were seen though the season and most were favoring Mercedes and Hamilton. All of them should be considered, as all the decision were made by Masi.
Thats a good point you make. Firing Masi will just prove the amount of clout Mercedes has over FIA. FIA should stick by their man. But I am afraid he will be made the scapegoat eventually to massage Mercedes' ego. I hope I am wrong.
Kickdown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 20:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
We have our 1st car reveal date and it is none other than Aston Martin. Received this mail today
With the new car reveal date, they have revealed their new team principal. Mike Krack has experience with Sauber and will be replacing Otmar. Rumors are that Otmar will be joining Alpine F1 team after their current Team principal Marcin Budkowski stepped down.

Otmar is quite a hot property in the F1 world considering how much he could progress with the team having so little funds( Force India period).

If the rumors are any true, Alpine will be the team to watch out for in the next 2 years. Fernando and Ocon as drivers, Alain Prost as an advisor and Otmar overseeing everything, they are up against the biggies.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-20220114_200631.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks