Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 15:31   #106
BHPian

Re: The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!

Sebastian Vettel has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not take part in Bahrain Grand Prix. He will be replaced by the team’s reserve driver Nico Hulkenberg.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-c449cd34dca8452d93e3afe30b6504dd.jpeg  

Last edited by jeevan007 : 17th March 2022 at 15:56.
jeevan007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 14:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

Join the official T-BHP F1 Fantasy league.

Use code: a8a051c8b5
Link: https://fantasy.formula1.com/app/#/league/361978
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 23:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Join the official T-BHP F1 Fantasy league.

Use code: a8a051c8b5
Link: https://fantasy.formula1.com/app/#/league/361978
Was searching for this, wondering how come team-bhp is not on the Fantasy league.
Thanks Akash, hope many will join in, currently 9 teams only (including my 3 teams!)
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
wondering how come team-bhp is not on the Fantasy league.
I was wondering the same, came across this thread although I'm quite late to the party.

I don't regularly keep tabs over the teams though, just create a team at the start of the season and only visit again when I across something that reminds me that I have created one. Although I'm not into fantasy teams, last year I created just to see what it is and how it works. But I think being in a T-BHP league would be fun.
Old 29th May 2022, 11:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

A rather fast and unexpected developing story is Zak Brown calling out Ricciardo on his performances, clearly laying a foundation to sack him.
He has also made clear there are exit clauses on the contract.

This is quite uncharacteristic of the normally encouraging team boss.

Its been more than a year and frankly Daniel has been struggling. Wonder who they are earmarking replace him.
Old 29th May 2022, 11:42   #111
BHPian

It is sad to see Ricciardo struggle but I wonder who will replace him. Perhaps a pay-driver who will bring funds.
Old 29th May 2022, 12:09   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
It is sad to see Ricciardo struggle but I wonder who will replace him. Perhaps a pay-driver who will bring funds.
Plenty of young drivers are waiting in the paddock. This year there is absolutely no dearth of good young drivers making the jump.

There’s also a certain Pierre Gasly who can absolutely give Lando a run for his money in the next seat. Those two would make a superb pairing.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 16:27   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly Ricciardo lost his mojo when he jumped ship from Red Bull at end of 2018 when Verstappen was showing signs he was doing better than him, although he has given BS reasons for the exit. And then he has never got comfortable with the cars of the next two teams he's been with till except last year. But unfortunately for him, he's got a stellar team mate in Norris who is probably giving him a clear Deja-vu situation from his 2018 days. Unless he pulls up his socks, definitely his seat is going to go to better and younger drivers for sure.
Old 2nd June 2022, 08:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
McLaren dont need the money, especially now with the budget cap.
Gasly would be a good option, now with Perez confirmed at Red Bull.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 09:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Sergio Perez getting a 2 year extension is another reminder that everyone is built different. At 32 years of age, he seems to be at his best form ever which is a stark contrast to Daniel Ricciardo who's also about the same age.

Next, I'd like Gasly to make a move to McLaren and compete with Lando. Hoping for McLaren to be the dark horse in the constructor's championship.
Turbohead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 14:37   #116

I am still not sure but if Ferrari wants to bring the fight to Redbull Mattia needs to clearly define the team's preferred driver, I feel somehow Charles is losing the battle to Redbull because Sainz has not yet stepped to the plate and delivered. We all know that Ferrari this year has managed to produce a championship-winning car, if they want to beat Redbull I think strat will be critical and Carlos needs to step up and help Charles win this battle, it's very clear that Charles is superior in a championship-winning car and the way Max and Sergio are stepping up, it's about time Carlos does the same for Ferrari or else a 2on1 battle will be more than what Ferrari can wish for at this stage! Let's get real Charles is better when it comes to the quality and race pace as compared to Carlos, I am sure Carlos's time will come but Ferrari needs Carlos to step up and play the team game just like what Sergio did for max last year or else they risk of losing even the constructors, I still feel Redbull has a better shot at the championship this year, and if Ferrari wants to start winning they need Carlos to perform more than ever and be a wingman for Charles or else Mercedes will keep on sharing the points with Redbull.
Old 5th June 2022, 23:58   #117

In Carlos's interview on the F1 youtube channel, he had mentioned that he needs a car with firm rear grip, and he can make it turn, so an understeering car.
This year's Ferrari is not an understeering car. From what I understand, it is an oversteering machine, which is a bit harder on its tyres than most of its direct competitors. Thus, Carlos is not very confident in it during turns, and has to drive using techniques out of his comfort zone. This is causing a lot of overdriving and related mistakes.

This is sort of similar to Ricciardo's struggles at Mclaren, wherein Lando is quite happy with the way the car handles, but Ricciardo can't work with it. Even Magnussen scored points in the Haas, and Mick isn't even close.

I am not a Carlos Sainz Jr fanboy, but I feel for the guy. Being a Tifoso myself, I want Carlos to pull it together and work with the team, but the reality is quite different, especially with the current Ground Effect based cars.
Old 15th June 2022, 17:12   #118
BHPian

What's with the rules changes and Mercedes.

Why is even Toto cribbing about the car bouncing? Can't they fix their car?

If the new rules are making the car bounce so badly, why aren't the RB, AM, Alpha, Alfa, Williams car bouncing so much?

Seems like a pure lobbying attempt by Toto to get the rules change in their favor! Mercedes are probably running out of budget and unable to fix the bouncing without sacrificing the speed. So they are sacrificing their drivers to convince the FIA to introduce a minimum ride height.

Just because one team is unable to make a proper car, should the FIA make changes to the rules?

Every-time his team is in trouble, he points fingers to the FIA and tries to make changes, we have seen this last year with Michael Masi as well.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 17:22   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

Seems like a pure lobbying attempt by Toto to get the rules change in their favor! Mercedes are probably running out of budget and unable to fix the bouncing without sacrificing the speed. So they are sacrificing their drivers to convince the FIA to introduce a minimum ride height.
It may probably be true
The 2022 Formula 1 (Silly) Season Thread!-fvh351vxoaaadtf.jpeg
VICTOR-MIKE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 15:50   #120
Senior - BHPian

Good move by the FIA with this new technical directive on porpoising.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/06...sts-of-safety/

Very logically done, whereby it is designed to affect the cars that were suffering the most, and not the ones who had it under control.

Mercedes ran their car lower than the Red Bull in Baku and their drivers suffered the most.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks