Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2021, 19:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Ravin Jain is head of strategy for the Ferrari Formula 1 Team

Breaking at Baku 2021!

Wow!

Quote:

The Ferrari Formula 1 team has completed a planned reshuffle of its management personnel, with a new head of strategy taking up the job in Azerbaijan this weekend.

As a result of the changes, team principal Mattia Binotto moves from the pitwall to the garage, but only because of the limited number of seven seating positions that teams are allowed.

While most team principals still watch track action from the pit wall, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has been in the garage for several years. Binotto is also not planning to be at all races this year, as previously announced.

Ferrari has put 26-year-old Briton Ravin Jain in charge of strategy, who has been with the team since 2016. He will work alongside Inaki Rueda, who now has the sporting director job and head of strategy position.
Quote:
Jain is an Oxford University graduate who has a first class degree in physics, and a distinction in a master's degree in mathematical and theoretical physics.

In 2013, he briefly had a summer job at Caterham working on data processing while still a student, and the following summer worked at Williams on software design in the strategy department.

He then had a third summer job at Ferrari in 2015, working on strategy and mathematical modelling, before joining the team in 2016 on finishing his studies.

"He is a very young engineer, and he was selected through the Ferrari Engineering Academy," said the team spokesman. "So in his way it's in parallel to the career that Charles [Leclerc] has had in the Driver Academy.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...e/6536759/amp/

Was he the guy who put Leclerc behind Hamilton for that awesome pole lap?

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th June 2021 at 19:37.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 20:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Ravin Jain is head of strategy for the Ferrari Formula 1 Team

While it is good that Ravin Jain is into key Role in Ferrari F1 strategy, I am not sure today's Lec pole strategy is devised by him.
I think Bottas or someone was way too slow in outlap to enable someone overtook them to get a tow & Lec was the guy who overtook by then.

I might be wrong, but that's what my memory says & anyone who watched that outlap can give their thoughts.

Most Viewed