Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Max Verstappen vs Lewis Hamilton | who will win the 2021 F1 world championship?
Max Verstappen 147 73.50%
Lewis Hamilton 53 26.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 23:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Max Verstappen vs Lewis Hamilton | Who will win the 2021 F1 world championship?

Interview - Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen. Unfortunately, the link cannot be viewed here, it’s available for viewing on the official Formula 1 uTube channel posted two hours ago. Watch the specific section at 8:01 minutes.

Micheal Masi has reminded drivers of sporting code violations (e.g. when Max got the black and white flag for driving in an unsportsmanlike manner), championship points will be deducted for anything like that.

This (points deduction) is always available for race direction, but not used this year. It’s a very important declaration by Masi that any unsportsmanlike driving will not be tolerated again.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 9th December 2021 at 23:44.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Max Verstappen vs Lewis Hamilton | Who will win the 2021 F1 world championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This (points deduction) is always available for race direction, but not used this year. It’s a very important declaration by Masi that any unsportsmanlike driving will not be tolerated again.
Barring a very clear cut incident, this is not gonna happen.

The sport is already annoying people with too many penalties - can you imagine the uproar if Max/Lewis wins the championship on track and then Masi decides to dock him 10 points? It would be a total farce.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:17   #63

Lewis has a better chance i guess. But both deserve to win
Old 10th December 2021, 11:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Raikkonen on who will win, Max or Lewis:

"Honestly, whoever has the most points will win."

(source: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...WCMoxFoRc.html)

I'm going to miss this guy and his deadpan answers to click-bait questions!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Lewis playing the media and fans well:
https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...bi-grand-prix/

He is the most aloof driver of the grid, always choosing to be on his own.

The people at large (prior to Jeddah at least) were cheering for Max which he clearly couldnt handle. He's ignoring the fact that he had things on a platter 2014 onwards and bringing up the past to gather crowd support. With Bottas its been a cakewalk.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:47   #66
BHPian

Heart says Max, brain says Lewis purely because of the wealth of experience.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:50   #67
BHPian

Whosoever wins the championship, I wish Kimi to win the race.

Have always been the fan of this man and his dead straight responses to the twisted questions.

Moreover, agreeing that control and rules are necessary, but the sport should be played on the ground and rather than in the room with politics and penalties.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Barring a very clear cut incident, this is not gonna happen.
Agree with you Mclaren Rulez, that’s exactly why Michael Masi/Race Direction are pointing it out to both of them and the world in advance. It’s putting it out there, don’t do any shenanigans and you won’t get penalised. A warning or threat take it as you will.

Since they have pointed out a rule which exists (only it’s kind of forgotten), means they mean business. Hopefully there won’t be any issues and we have a clean race.

Cheers
Old 12th December 2021, 01:38   #69
BHPian

There’s quite a few Lewis fans here. So I will try not to offend anyone. I am not a max/redbull fan either, for one I think Mercedes has had it easy this year, in the last race at Jeddah itself, Lewis hasn’t been given penalty even when he had double yellow flags. He hit Ocon in one of the restarts and hit max during a restart. No investigation or penalties again. It clearly felt like Mercedes got preferential treatment.

Another thing that isn’t discussed a whole lot is the Mercedes straight line speed in the last 3-4 races. A car that clearly was slower than redbull has bounced back in a spectacular fashion, for this they definitely deserve the constructors championship.

Like Alonso pointed out Max has been the stand out driver of the season (especially the hot lap in Jeddah where he crashed), I would definitely put my money on him tomorrow. I hope to see a clean race tomorrow which might go down as one of the most exciting championships ever. Certainly the best in the last decade or so.
SedanGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:05   #70
BHPian

Well, I am just glad the poll result didn't go to waste. Congratulations, Max Verstappen!
Old 12th December 2021, 21:12   #71

I only started watching F1 this season and what a way to get started haha. Amazing title race. I was a Max fan due to him being the underdog and all but the recent interview soured my opinion a bit. I was not actively rooting for Lewis but wow that ending was an absolute farce. The director decided to let just enough cars overtake the safety car to bring them close which is not even allowed according to the rule book(I know it’s “malleable”). Not to mention the fact that both Lewis and Max were told that overtake of lapped cars would not be allowed which made the most sense imho. I think Mercedes will take this to Court of Arbitration for sport. Feel gutted for Lewis who would have won if FIA didn’t bend the rules for a dramatic finish. Netflix will be loving this.

But all in all, amazing season. Congrats Max.
Gokuljayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed