Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 23:53   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021

Every F1 driver says the most aggressive driver is Max including Charles leclerc.

Lewis himself said a couple of years back the smartest thing to do his give Max space, since Lewis always thinks of the long game. So all this years Max got his way.

Now that Lewis is trailing, he can no longer afford to give into Max bullying and he gave Max a taste of his own medicine.

Lewis is battle hardened he has raced wheel to wheel with Alonso, Kimi, Massa, Button, Vettel, Rosberg all of whom where at their prime form.

If Lewis makes a mistake that was primarily caused by him like on Albon, he accepts it and apologies. But when you have one of the most aggressive driver like Max, the only thing they will understand is a taste of their own medicine. If not the bully will always win.
aim120 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 00:49   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021

Lewis gave space to Max just a few corners earlier, watch how lewis gives space for max, when max was in the inside line. The same courtesy Max didn't give lewis.

Also this is what lewis said about max in 2019 as did vettel
Quote:
I thought at some stage I would get torpedoed by Max," said Hamilton as he explained the frenetic start to Sunday's race."I braked into Turn One, and all of a sudden Max is alongside me. If you have seen my previous races, I always leave Max a lot of space because it is the smartest thing you can do.
"Every driver is slightly different. Some are very smart and aggressive, and some are silly with it. So, through those experiences, you give some more space, and with others you don't have to because they are quite respectful.
"But with Max it is very likely you are going to come together with him if you don't give him the extra space. I don't think it was intentional what happened on the first lap, but he's a magnet for those kind of things."
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel was in agreement with Hamilton's comments, saying: "Copy and paste. It is true."
https://www.thenationalnews.com/spor...edoed-1.930023

Last edited by aim120 : 20th July 2021 at 00:59.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 00:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Slow motion footage of the incident which puts Max in the hot seat for the extra aggression when he must have thought Hamilton would move over. Watch the explanation by Karun Chandhok in the embedded video.

https://flip.it/N8NNB_

I would still put it as a racing incident at 180 miles per hours with split seconds to react. Max should stop his nonsense about the unsportsmanlike behaviour from Hamilton and accept the aggression which he himself exhibits to others.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 06:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
7 time world champion who doesn't know how to overtake
Every time he is in that position he hits the front car out, every damn time. He can only cruise ahead in the fastest car from P1 to first place finish, that's it that's the talent.
Reminds me of Juan Pablo Montoya from the heydays. Such people should move to NASCAR which is the right sport for them
racer_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 07:56   #80
BHPian

Fantastic race and my heart goes out to Lec.
I am not going to get into the debate of who was wrong and who was right. Also if Max needs a taste of his own medicine or not. Just did not like the excessive celebration when one of the driver was sent to hospital post a horrific accident (could have been life threatening). It is not that Lewis was winning for the first time that he could not feel for a fellow driver.
xrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 08:42   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Watch the explanation by Karun Chandhok in the embedded video.
Since when Sky f1 commentators are deemed an impartial party to explain an accident caused by the mistake of their golden boy Lewis? They are their to cater to the British audience. Their commentry is like people outside Britain and drivers other than Lando, George and Lewis dont exist.
And if we are to share videos of pundits to try and vindicate our favourite driver, here is one that says its Hamilton's mistake. Watch from 5:55
I request mods to close this thread as I think it has run its course.
corvus corax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 00:03   #82
anb
BHPian

Found this on YouTube. Both versions of the accident are given clearly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks