Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 13:09   #76
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix | Hungaroring | 30 July - 1 August, 2021

When I heard Max's engineer say "Not bad with half a car" during the overtake on Mick, I never expected it to be literally half a car.

Mad respect to Max for making two overtakes and dragging this thing to the points.

Source: Reddit

Formula 1 | 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix | Hungaroring | 30 July - 1 August, 2021-redbull.jpg

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 3rd August 2021 at 13:17.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:26   #77
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix | Hungaroring | 30 July - 1 August, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
When I heard Max's engineer say "Not bad with half a car" during the overtake on Mick, I never expected it to be literally half a car.

Mad respect to Max for making two overtakes and dragging this thing to the points.

Source: Reddit

Attachment 2187884
Oh Man!

My respect for Max has gone up much more just looking at the car.
Most of the Aero package on one side is gone. It must really be tough to drive with this at such high speeds.

Forget winning, completing the race was itself an achievement for RedBull. And he did that staying within the points.

Also, I found Jeremy Clarkson's comments on twitter to be amazing, in his own style.
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:24   #78
BHPian

Some interesting compilation of all Team radio in this race. Ocon radio from 3:47 takes the cake for me.

And the incredible hold-off by Alonso, but eventually Ham zooms past with sheer brute power his car has got.

Last edited by varunswnt : 3rd August 2021 at 19:31.
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:39   #79
NKB
BHPian

Amazing race. I was on edge of the seat all the time. Ocon had a flawless race and deserved the win. A win for which Ocon will have to always thank Alonso. Feel very bad for Vettel to lose that hard earned P2 for want of 700ml of fuel.

Coming back to Alonso. What a skilful drive by Alonso. The knowledge of the track and the experience of the driving all these years was on full display. Thoroughly enjoyed Alonso’s defensive driving. Mind that with DRS Hamilton had more than 50 KMPH advantage over Alonso and still it took ages for Hamilton to move past Alonso. Not to offend any Hamilton fan here, but I believe if his Mercedes did not had the speed advantage, it would have been very difficult for him to pile up the wins he has to his credit.

I started following F1 around 2000 and have seen Schumacher racing during his prime and became a big fan of him. Then, I used to watch most of his past races (which I did not see live) on YouTube etc and became even more admirer of his driving, his craft. It was not always the speed of the car but the skill which he showcased and won races which was amazing treat to eyes. I stopped following F1 when he retired and only started following from this year regularly (coincidentally another Schumacher is on the tracks). Hamilton might have won more poles, more races but I have never considered him anywhere near to the legend that Schumacher is and I got more conviction looking at the way he struggled to get past skilful Alonso who was driving a much slower car.

What a bad luck for Max and that too in back to back races. He drove that car with such a huge damage and still finished with points and that too after making 5 pit stops. With damage to aerodynamic parts of car, how difficult it would have been to handle that car at those high speeds. Looking at the exhaustion that Hamilton was displaying, I was wondering what Max would have been going through.

Cannot wait for the next race…..
NKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 00:36   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB View Post
Amazing race. I was on edge of the seat all the time. Ocon had a flawless race and deserved the win. A win for which Ocon will have to always thank Alonso. Feel very bad for Vettel to lose that hard earned P2 for want of 700ml of fuel.

Coming back to Alonso. What a skilful drive by Alonso. The knowledge of the track and the experience of the driving all these years was on full display. Thoroughly enjoyed Alonso’s defensive driving.

I started following F1 around 2000 and have seen Schumacher racing during his prime and became a big fan of him. Then, I used to watch most of his past races (which I did not see live) on YouTube etc and became even more admirer of his driving, his craft. It was not always the speed of the car but the skill which he showcased and won races which was amazing treat to eyes. I stopped following F1 when he retired and only started following from this year regularly (coincidentally another Schumacher is on the tracks). Hamilton might have won more poles, more races but I have never considered him anywhere near to the legend that Schumacher is and I got more conviction looking at the way he struggled to get past skilful Alonso who was driving a much slower car.
As far as Lewis its not just the car but he does have insane skills. 2007 his first year in formula 1 and he lost the championship by 1 point, but the next year he won. Many times mostly in wet he has lapped his team-mate.
Best drivers end up in best team and best car.
You should watch Alonso defending against the then already 7time world champion Schumacher and Alonso defended till the end and won.

Last edited by aim120 : 4th August 2021 at 00:43.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 11:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Kimi himself radioed in one of the races earlier that the team should wake up. How they released Kimi this time just shows the lack of intent or professionalism. If there was any race to capitalize, it was this (just as Williams did) and AR was nowhere up to the mark.
That 10 seconds penalty costed Kimi surely, else he would have been ahead of Russel atleast. Kimi was pissed off in the radio to the team saying "Everytime we have some chance something *** happens", he surely knows this was one of the GP where they could have scored more points. The team has to pull up their socks and do something to beat the Williams who are on or under par with Alfa Romeo.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 4th August 2021 at 11:30. Reason: Corrected the typo, damn the autocorrect. Thanks mayankk for pointing it out :)
Old 4th August 2021, 11:28   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
That 10 seconds penalty costed Kimi surely, else he would have been ahead of Russel atleast. Kimi was pissed off in the radio to the team saying "Everytime we have some chance something *** happens", he surely knows this was one of the GP where they could have scored more points. The team has to pull up their shorts and do something to beat the Williams who are on or under par with Alfa Romeo.
Surely you mean pull up their socks?
But it's Kimi's team, so nothing is impossible.

Kimi and Rossi, these are two guys that really wish could go out on a high, but in both cases it's looking more and more unlikely. Kimi is the oxymoron of f1, the naughty quiet Finn.
Old 4th August 2021, 16:54   #83
NKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
You should watch Alonso defending against the then already 7time world champion Schumacher and Alonso defended till the end and won.
I have seen this race live and remember this. One of the epics. Was praying and hooting for Schumacher to win but at the end of the race could not stop myself appreciating Alonso.

But you need to remember, the Alonso who defended Schumacher was 16 years younger and had a car with which he could won the championship that year and year after that. But the Alonso who defended (and ensured Ocon wins) against Hamilton is neither young nor has the car capable of winning the championship.
NKB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 17:00   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I

But you need to remember, the Alonso who defended Schumacher was 16 years younger and had a car with which he could won the championship that year and year after that. But the Alonso who defended (and ensured Ocon wins) against Hamilton is neither young nor has the car capable of winning the championship.
Alonso brought back memories of Schumacher in this race for me. Just that assertiveness. Even Kimi doesn't show that.

Thou shalt not pass!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 17:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen this race live and remember this. One of the epics. Was praying and hooting for Schumacher to win but at the end of the race could not stop myself appreciating Alonso.
I have seen seen this historic race as well.
Incidentally, I disliked Schumacher then.

It is phenomenal to see a 40year old defend for so long, with such a inferior equipment.
If DRS would not have been available, Hamilton would have been stuck there for a year.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 19:45   #86
BHPian

This was one of the most entertaining races in recent days! A crash with no one getting injured; Hamilton starting alone in the grid & getting a podium from P14; First podium for both Ocon & Alpine; A podium with two 35+ aged drivers(till the disqualification of Vettel, which is really so unfortunate!); superb defensive driving from Alonso (another 40+ aged driver); Max getting a point even after losing a substantial portion of his car! It had all the drama present in it!
Just would like to add my two cents here, at one point of time few years back I was worried and saddened regarding the fact, that Schumacher’s record would be surpassed by Hamilton. But now I must admit that he has got great skills as well. If it was only the car, then Mercedes would have already hired any other expert young driver like Russel instead of paying this hefty paycheque to such an aged driver! And Bottas also would have matched his point tally if it was only the car!
Old 6th August 2021, 20:04   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Also the his highness great Alonso was racing on a track were passing has been historically difficult.

All in all an entertaining race. Even though I'm hamilton fan, it's boring to watch him win from front.
Old 8th August 2021, 00:17   #88
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All the Lewis vs Alonso battles since 2007 in HD, true legends driving at the limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks