Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 21:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Russian Grand Prix | Sochi Autodrome | 24-26 September 2021

What a fantastic achievement for Hamilton! 100 race wins, and he's still got gas in the tank. Top man.

Crushing for Lando. Gambles often tend to end spectacularly, whether they pay off or not. The latter for him this time, but he's talented and more opportunities will surely come.

Red Bull the winners in all this. Engine penalty for Verstappen pretty much nullified by the rain. You need luck to break your way sometimes, and this could prove beneficial if Merc eventually have to take another PU for Hamilton (looks likely given they've taken two beyond allocation for Bottas already).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th September 2021 at 21:29.
Old 26th September 2021, 21:43   #17

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Russian Grand Prix | Sochi Autodrome | 24-26 September 2021

I couldn’t believe the position of Max after Hotstar resumed broadcasting!!

McLaren should have pressed Lando to pit! Great show my Lando overall and a good gesture by him congratulating Lewis!!

Lewis did very well with his hard tyres and gained a good gap to his next runner and all worked for him! 100 wins is not easy at all! Congratulations to him! I though Lewis may skid to the walls as he didn’t initially listen to his engineer for changing to intermediate but he did it eventually!!

Mercedes had pulled further in the points table and the fight between Lewis and Max is interesting with only 2 points difference. It will be interesting if Lewis takes grid penalty for engine change in the near future. Max had beaten the odds and scored good points today even after the grid penalty! Not sure wether the rain god would help Lewis when he changes his power unit!!
Old 27th September 2021, 08:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Guys, don't think it was Hotstar only, I think it was Sky. The entire broadcast was messed up.
I don’t think the Sky broadcast had an issue, as I was watching on Select 2 HD which also has the Sky feed and there were no interruptions there.

This is exactly why I have both Hotstar and Select 2 HD as I’ve been burned by Star network before when they decide to block all 4 channels to show cricket and I had to hunt for livestreams quickly to watch races a few years back.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight
TheDarkKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:05   #19
BHPian

Kudos to Lewis for accomplishing 100 wins in F1! There was a time when people used to think it’s almost impossible to win more than 50 GP wins in entire career. And now he has won double of that number! Well, whatever his critics say, none can deny the numbers!
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:44   #20
BHPian

What a race, keeping aside the result. Gutted for Lando.
Damned Hotstar.

This race was a perfect example to tell that F1 is a team sport.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2021 at 17:47. Reason: Profanity
smartindboy is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2021, 11:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
No sympathies for Lando. The cocky kid invited it for himself, and the team. Maybe its time Mr. Brown lose his cool boss act and cracked some whip.
You got to be kidding. Both Lando and Mclaren need to share the blame on this one. The team with all their radar info never told him the rain could get worse. Even Hamilton denied team orders first but Mercedes put their foot down and asked him to pit. Mclaren were just consulting him if he thought he should pit.

Plus Lando had much to lose if he pit first and Hamilton didn't. Hamilton was 47 seconds(?) ahead of P3 and had little to lose with a pitstop. If Lando did and Hamilton hadn't and if rain had not got worse then you would have blamed the 21 year old for pitting.

Experience counts in such conditions. Hindsight is great for retrospect but not for blame game.

Disclaimer: Might look from the rant but am no Lando or Mclaren fan.

Last edited by sen2693 : 27th September 2021 at 11:05.
sen2693 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 11:07   #22

What an unpredictable ending!!
The last 6 laps made up the race for some and broke it for some.
Kudos to Lewis for 100 wins, truly a champion. Gutted for Lando, he could have taken a safe bet and should have pitted for the Intermediates. Amazing recovery from Max, the rain helped him in the end.
What was Stroll doing in the end, first clashes with Vettel and then spins out Gasly.

Here are the summaries from all drivers for calls to box for the Intermediates, it's a long post but worth giving a read.
Formula 1 | 2021 Russian Grand Prix | Sochi Autodrome | 24-26 September 2021-screenshot_20210927105333.jpg
Source: formula1 reddit
MrEnthusiast is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 12:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
I don’t think the Sky broadcast had an issue, as I was watching on Select 2 HD which also has the Sky feed and there were no interruptions there.
------------
Cheers,
TheDarkKnight
I second this. I was on Star Select 2 HD and there were no interruptions at all.

Gutted for Lando. Even my wife who never watches these races with me was crushing my hand watching Lando twitch and turn in the last could of laps.

What an achievement for Lewis. I am not a fan but what a great feat! Congratulations to him and his team and fans!

Bottas, what a great race for him. Well done.
Old 27th September 2021, 12:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, don't think it was Hotstar only, I think it was Sky. The entire broadcast was messed up. What pissed me off, even more, is that these guys started up IPL in between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Hotstar is a joke. Replaced the final 2 most interesting laps with bloody cricket!!!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hotstar is going to get absolutely flamed tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Hats off to Hotstar for stopping the live broadcast in the final two laps and telecasting cricket instead!
Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Idiot's at Hotstar always know how to screw it up.
My son (and his friends) have long abdicated watching F1 on Tata Sky/Hotstar and have subscriptions to F1 TV. They send reminder emails and messages so you don't miss races and you can watch on any device, TV, Tablet, PC, or Phone.

https://f1tv.formula1.com/

I believe it is $9.99 per month and 5 of them share it (my son and his friends are all in the US but living in separate cities). I get to watch using my son's account in India (don't ask me about the technology part).

Last edited by navin : 27th September 2021 at 12:30.
navin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No sympathies for Lando. The cocky kid invited it for himself, and the team.
Lando made a mistake, that’s it. No one could be more gutted than him. He’s on a learning curve, doing very well at that and this one has to put down to gaining experience. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If the weather gods would have been kinder to him, he would have been a hero.

Remember a seven times world champion also thought it was fine to continue on slicks and very nearly made the same mistake. It was Hamilton’s vast experience which made him reconsider and listen to the team. Lando is barely starting out in comparison. Zac Brown would do very well to let the youngster develop and not stifle his natural instincts. A mistake now and then is bound to happen along the way.

Plenty of time in his life for the first win, it’s a matter of when not if.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:35   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

What a race, and what a cock up by Hotstar!!!
Just a brilliant effort from Hamilton to boink right back, and win his 100th!! Way too long it took ( Though it was less than the painful wait for Tendilya's 100th). What a champ, making unbreakable history. Current and future regs will ensure that such a heavy punching team will not exist for many seasons, and even if they managed, i doubt anyone will have the longevity of Hamilton in the future.
I know, I know, people said the same with Michael, but us fans will always hope that our champion will be the ultimate champion!

Quote:
No sympathies for Lando. The cocky kid invited it for himself, and the team. Maybe its time Mr. Brown lose his cool boss act and cracked some whip.
Gutted for Perez though. Was comfortably cruising to P3.
The current mclaren setup is mostly devoid of being experienced with being competitive. Driver, engineering, management etc., all of them.
Heck, even Hamilton made the call to not shift to inters. That is a winning team all round, but his pitwall was adamant this time around. Usually, they make the call and Hamilton goes otherwise . This time around, they knew better.
Not so for poor Lando. Hell, we saw something similar in Motogp. See what brad binder did for KTM a few weeks ago. Maybe Lando thought he could somehow slide his way for the remainder of the race. Hamilton too did something even more drastic, won with a punctured rear
Lando is going places, for sure. I think, next year, its going to be Lando V Russell.

PS: I managed to listen to the race while driving, with the car's stereo giving an old-time radio commentary. You guys have to try this. Onboard shots take on a whole new meaning. Not only do you hear the car, but when the car goes over the kerbs, you will hear the rumbles and bumps!! Very vividly. Sub woofer recommended.

Last edited by mayankk : 27th September 2021 at 13:54.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:52   #27
BHPian

Amazing race! Extremely sad for Lando.
On a lighter note, Latifi finished 6 laps behind. How the heck did he manage that?

Last edited by SansGT : 27th September 2021 at 13:54.
Old 27th September 2021, 15:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, don't think it was Hotstar only, I think it was Sky. The entire broadcast was messed up. What pissed me off even more is that these guys started up IPL in between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
When you say Sky, you mean the source feed? I doubt it. I think it's only the Indian broadcasting that was affected. Somebody at Star just switched the incoming feed from F1 to cricket! They don't care about anything beyond cricket anyway!
I use DTH (Tata Sky) for Formula 1. And I did not face any problem with the entire race broadcast - it was flawless. So, it sure is a Hotstar issue than Sky. However, I have issue with Star Sports on following: Due to Football and IPL events, they moved the Race (this entire Practice, Qualifying and Race) from Star Sports Select 2 HD to Star Sports 3 (non-HD)!! , which was not great but at least I did not miss last 2 laps

Now that you guys have raised this, I did some weird black screen for 1-2 seconds during last few laps and I was like - "Oh No - not now!!" But it came back on immediately. So, this could be related to what you guys on Hotstar have experienced - but for you, it moved from F1 to Cricket and for DTH, it was back on.

Last edited by dmplog : 27th September 2021 at 15:17. Reason: added
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:54   #29
BHPian

What a race!!
Really felt sorry for Lando Norris where he lost the race in 2 corners. From leading most part of the race, to finish outside the podium was a heartbreak. It would probably take time for him to digest and come out of this.

The Mclaren team wanted him to box and Norris was the one who insisted on staying out. Had he changed to intermediates, the win was in his bag.

Hamilton was also about the commit the same call, but he eventually followed the team orders and won the race.

I feel, just my personal opinion, that Hamilton has a lot of luck running on his side for most part of his career.
Old 27th September 2021, 15:55   #30
BHPian

I really don't recall a boring race this season. FIA has done well to continuously tinker the rules,so that we can have great races like these. McLaren is on a roll.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks