Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2021, 20:59   #76
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 | Yas Marina Circuit | 10 - 12 December, 2021 - The Finale

This is going to the courts!! The FIA has breached their own rules according to the sporting regulations shared on Twitter.

It's a shame really, the best man was miles ahead, sealed the deal in the 1st corner.

Gutted for Lewis.

Formula 1 | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 | Yas Marina Circuit | 10 - 12 December, 2021 - The Finale!-img_20211212_205806.jpg
FURY_44 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:04   #77
RMN
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 | Yas Marina Circuit | 10 - 12 December, 2021 - The Finale

Embarrassing finish. Verstapen clearly couldn't match upto Lewis today and yet won the race. 95% of the race was rendered useless by that decision.😂
RMN is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:07   #78
BHPian

Congratulations Max. Well done. Enjoy the championship. Enjoy the break. Enjoy the festive season, but when everything is done and back to grind next year, i want you to go meet checo and learn how to defend. What a legend. What a legend. What a legend.
Red Bull got the miracle they were hoping for and did it. Team work makes the dream work. Congratulations.

Dear Lewis, take a bow. You came back like a knight. You deserved it but you did not have that one thing your opponent had. Anyways, you proved that you are one of the greatest racers of all time. Kudos Mercedes. I have no words to describe you.

Dear Ferrari, Congratulations on P3. Please make sure you are P1 next year. Thanks.

It looked like Red Bull lost the race yesterday during qualifying and Mercedes won the race today on that beautiful start from Hamilton, but fate had different plans. That is what the sport is all about. Fair or unfair it is all part of the game. This, in my memory, is one of the most thrilling seasons i've ever watched.
SAK-XXVII is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:10   #79
BHPian

What a race and can't wait for the Netflix to come out with their recap on this season, just so that I can relive it again.

I am an ardent Max supporter and super super happy to see him get the WDC Title, I was hoping and praying throughout race for a miracle, much like CH said on screen and had almost given up hope! Checo, take a bow man, what an amazing defense on older softs against the mighty Mercedes. He played the part of wing man to absolute perfection. Also, so relived that Michael Schumacher's record still stands - my all time favorite and forever for me the GOAT!!

I just hoped it could have been a cleaner race. Hamilton was driving in a different league altogether today and as much as I may want to hate him, he was the better driver and deserved to win! But, was done in by some bad luck and bad / confusing stewardship from FIA and a strangely defensive Mercedes strategy that eventually went against them. I was so sure that if they did pit Hamilton during during 2nd SC, LH would have made up track position for sure. He was absolutely amazing today.
PGNarain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:11   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
This is going to the courts!! The FIA has breached their own rules according to the sporting regulations shared on Twitter.

It's a shame really, the best man was miles ahead, sealed the deal in the 1st corner.

Gutted for Lewis.

Attachment 2244432
I hope something comes out of this considering consistency was not one of the strengths of the FIA this season. On the other hand it wouldn't be fair to penalise a driver for the fault of the stewards.

Mercedes has officially lodged a protest now.
adwaith is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:16   #81
BHPian

Max is under investigation for overtaking under safety car. Oh boy. This drama is not over by any means.
PJ1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFreedom View Post
allowing only 5 cars between Ham and Max to get unlapped and then allowing racing is beyond me, like I have posted earlier Michael Masi is incompetent to the core.
Absolutely gutted for a farce of the last lap handicapping Lewis with the used hards vs a brand new softs for Max, I will not be surprised if this is even deliberate from Masi.
I won't go and call him incompetent but he messed up here big time BlueFreedom. Following is the rule:

Name:  FGat_vNXMAYwBHy.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  65.9 KB

They broke their own rule.
Mercedes has now lodged protests, although there has been no history as far as I can recall that FIA go back on their decisions.
Maky is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:23   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK-XXVII View Post
checo What a legend. What a legend. What a legend.
Apart from Lewis' stellar drive, that defence by Perez was a masterclass. The only two highlights from that race. 5 seconds he took out , but all inconsequential at the end. Or maybe not.
mayankk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:23   #84
BHPian

Finally, a nail biting season I have been waiting for. One team dominating the entire championship was utmost boring thing one could watch, finally, finally after a long time we got to witness such dramatic season. I don't know much about the fuss of whether the FIA should have allowed cars to overtake the safety car or not but in the end I feel Hamilton was leading the race and Max was behind, RedBull took its own risk with the tyre change and Mercedes tried to play safe with their strategy and in the last lap when SC came to an end- Max was behind Mercedes as per the track position 1-2 because of that last moment call (talk of the magic Horner wanted) and he did what he had to do. I just loved it. It was a wonderful race, I enjoyed. Hamilton and Max fans may have an endless fight and still don't come to a conclusion but for someone who is a F1 fan- has enjoyed the race to the fullest. As said today by Masi- it is a race

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK-XXVII View Post
Checo! What a legend. What a legend. What a legend.
Couldn't have agreed more!

P.S. My dream would be to see Alonso on the podium someday

Last edited by sachin_cs : 12th December 2021 at 21:28.
sachin_cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:23   #85
Team-BHP Support

This season, more than ever, has been an argument for a permanent stewards panel for the full season for consistency's sake. Lord knows they can afford it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:24   #86
Senior - BHPian

The stewards could have avoided the penultimate lap controversy by letting all the lapped cars to pass through. The result would have been the same.

Mercedes were on the back foot on strategy and Redbull had nothing to lose. Whatever Mercedes did, Redbull would have done the opposite.

Whatever was decided out of design and regulation interpretation, has now been decided by strategy in this season decider.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:28   #87
BHPian

This is more WWE that motor racing IMHO. I think there were vested interests to bring the title fight down to last race and last lap. This sport was not attracting young fans because of overtly complex rules and boring pole to flag races and now wait and watch how viewership and revenues soar next year. It isn't pinnacle of motorsport anymore. But show for money. BTW i am not a Lewis or Max fan, but looking at the full season max deserved it. Looking at today's and past 4 races Lewis deserved it.
motor_breathing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post

P.S. My dream would be to see Alonso on the podium someday
He did finish P3 in Qatar.
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post

Gutted for Lewis.

Attachment 2244432
Here comes the protest, it's gonna be a long sleepless night.

Our Govt was right for once, categorising F1 as entertainment instead of a sport.

Formula 1 | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 | Yas Marina Circuit | 10 - 12 December, 2021 - The Finale!-img_20211212_213125.jpg
FURY_44 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:39   #90
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic win for Max. Great strategy by Redbull. I will appreciate the fact that Lewis took no risk at all and just sent it, that Mercedes is miles ahead of the Redbull.
Special shoutout to Checo, what defencing! It brought Max 6 seconds closer over a lap.

Ofcourse, there has to be controversy this season and there is. This protest is a breach by the FIA of their own regulations, but can it affect the final grid order in any way?
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks