Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2022 Premier Class title?
Marc Márquez 19 51.35%
Fabio Quartararo 9 24.32%
Joan Mir 2 5.41%
Francesco Bagnaia 7 18.92%
Any Other (Please Specify)? 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2022, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Re: MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?

So the season has now taken a full 360 degree twist. In all the three races I saw, Pecco had a DNF, so stopped watching it thinking that I'm only the Jinx for him. After that, he creates history for Ducati by winning 4 in a row and finishing 2nd yesterday at Aragon.

Pecco and Fabio are now just 10 points apart, making it very very interesting for the remainder of the season.
Old 19th September 2022, 14:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Pecco and Fabio are now just 10 points apart, making it very very interesting for the remainder of the season
Fantastic race yesterday! Taka Nakagami was extremely lucky not to be run over by almost six riders. Superb reflexes from all of them. Real, real bad luck for Quateraro to have his lead cut so drastically. Bastianini did him a favour of sorts by pipping Pecco to the flag, these extra 5 points which Quateraro gained may make all the difference to his title hopes.

The title has become wide open again with 5 races to go. It could still go to anyone of four riders, Quateraro, Pecco, Alexi Esparago and Bastianini. May the better man win with lady luck on his side.

Looking forward to the race this Sunday in Japan.

Cheers
Old 19th September 2022, 21:54   #18
BHPian

Marquez and Taka incident should have been probed further.
Obviously Taka can't complain against Marquez and we know how Honda bullies Motogp so this time also this Marquez incident will be shrugged under the carpet.
Old 19th September 2022, 22:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Marquez and Taka incident should have been probed further.
Obviously Taka can't complain against Marquez and we know how Honda bullies Motogp so this time also this Marquez incident will be shrugged under the carpet.
Nothing to investigate, it was a racing incident. Fabio Quateraro’s fairing was lodged in Marquez’s rear wheel. During the race telecast you could clearly see bits and pieces of something (plastic/fiber) being thrown out which made Marquez lose control and the incident happened.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...i-very-unlucky

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 23:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Nothing to investigate, it was a racing incident. Fabio Quateraro’s fairing was lodged in Marquez’s rear wheel. During the race telecast you could clearly see bits and pieces of something (plastic/fiber) being thrown out which made Marquez lose control and the incident happened.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...i-very-unlucky

Cheers
All the more reason for Marquez to have side stepped for his own and other riders' safety.
And it is unbelievable that any Motogp rider wouldn't know if his bike would be damaged to such an extent. These guys know if their bike's weight balance is off even by a few grams.
Marquez was being deliberately obtuse as always and as always someone else paid the price.

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/art...more-important

Last edited by neeraj0272 : 19th September 2022 at 23:23.
Old 20th September 2022, 14:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
All the more reason for Marquez to have side stepped for his own and other riders' safety.
And it is unbelievable that any Motogp rider wouldn't know if his bike would be damaged to such an extent. These guys know if their bike's weight balance is off even by a few grams.
Marquez was being deliberately obtuse as always and as always someone else paid the price
Opinions are what each person has and of course these top of the line riders especially when it applies to someone else.

Forget Marquez, give me one Moto GP rider who will not try to ride the bike till it’s rideable or he doesn’t fall off. Even when they fall, if they are able they will push/pull and try to rejoin the race. These guys are not programmed to just pull to one side and give up racing if the bike is rideable. This is exactly what Marquez did and am sure if the positions were reversed what Zarco would have done too.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 21:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
So the season has now taken a full 360 degree twist. In all the three races I saw, Pecco had a DNF, so stopped watching it thinking that I'm only the Jinx for him. After that, he creates history for Ducati by winning 4 in a row and finishing 2nd yesterday at Aragon.

Pecco and Fabio are now just 10 points apart, making it very very interesting for the remainder of the season.
The roles have now been reversed after today's race with Pecco now 14 points ahead. With just 2 more races to go, the momentum seems to be with Pecco and he should win the championship.

Quote:
Real, real bad luck for Quateraro to have his lead cut so drastically. Bastianini did him a favour of sorts by pipping Pecco to the flag, these extra 5 points which Quateraro gained may make all the difference to his title hopes.

So after that race Pecco admitted that he did not want to take undue risks to challenge for the race win and the additional 5 points, since Fabio had crashed out.

Again today Fabio crashed out and Pecco lost 2 places on the last lap. So another 9 points given up probably due to his strategic riding from the championship point of view.

With a lead of 14 points and just 2 more races left, he needs to strategically shadow Fabio to ensure that the championship is his.
Old 6th November 2022, 21:21   #23
BHPian

It's official. Francesco Bagnaia is the 2022 MotoGP Champion and How!

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-screenshot_20221106210752_opera-touch.jpg

- Comeback King (screams MotoGP Channel), no mean feat, 91 points deficit to claiming the crown, Whoa!!!
- After Casey Stonage (that's what Italians must have felt no!?)
- Champ1onship, Italian on an Italian, remember the Pope!?

This one is for the prized history books.

Pecco, take a bow!!

As for Fabio, not to take anything away, he rode it like a true champ! Bowed out in true dignity, respect!!
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 00:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

I was watching Moto GP on Tata Sky, Eurosport HD channel. Looking to drop Tata Sky, please suggest an alternate way/s to watch Moto GP in the new season. I believe only Eurosport has the rights to broadcast Moto GP in India for 3 years.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2022, 05:58   #25
BHPian

I too am using Tata Sky just to watch Motogp and Tennis grand slam events.
I too would like to know if there is any other economical option but picture quality should be at least the same.
I think online streaming of sports events may not match the picture quality(mainly the judder) offered by Tata Sky.
Old 7th November 2022, 06:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I was watching Moto GP on Tata Sky, Eurosport HD channel. Looking to drop Tata Sky, please suggest an alternate way/s to watch Moto GP in the new season. I believe only Eurosport has the rights to broadcast Moto GP in India for 3 years.

Thank you.

Cheers
Take a subscription of discovery+ app. All the live events and highlights of moto gp is available through it.
Kpzonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:51   #27
BHPian

Really glad for Peco - I was worried mid-season a bunch of typical silly mistakes would cost Ducati another chance at the title but credit to Bagnaia and the team, they really turned a corner after the mid-season break.

Didn't realise that this is the first time since Agostini that an Italian has won the title on an Italian bike. That's huge - I've always been a tangential follower of MotoGP and even I knew that it was really only the mercurial Casey Stoner who could tame the equally volatile Ducati - not even Valentino could do it.

Have to say, really sad to see Suzuki leave - that bike is so tidy in the corners. Glad at least they go out on a high. Will they be providing bikes for any customer team?
ads11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Pecco !! A well deserved Championship.

Even though the Ducati is the most sorted package on the grid today, there were 7 other Ducati riders who could not achieve what Pecco has managed to. And we all know there were no team orders in place, so we cannot take anything from the World Champion that he is today

Being a Fabio Quartararo fan, it was tough for me to watch the second half of the season. But everyone including the riders, commentators and fans know and admit that its the Yamaha's problem and not Fabio's. Despite the huge top speed disadvantage, and the technological setback (compared to Ducatis) he put up a fantastic fight. It is not easy to fight till the last round, when you are given a sword in a gun fight, but he did just that. That was I was thrilled !!

First win-less season for Honda is a long, long time. And probably one of the very few seasons where Japanese manufacturers have been outscored by Europeans! It was a very entertaining season.

Now the long and painful wait to the 2023 season starts...
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
First win-less season for Honda is a long, long time.
Didn't Honda win zero races in 2020 as well?

It's basically been all Marc ever since Dani left the team. Hope 2023 brings a good bike for Honda. Marc has been look so much better since his last surgery. Looking forward to a title challenge from him!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 22:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Didn't Honda win zero races in 2020 as well?

It's basically been all Marc ever since Dani left the team. Hope 2023 brings a good bike for Honda. Marc has been look so much better since his last surgery. Looking forward to a title challenge from him!
Oh yes, I missed the 2020 season

Looking at Marquez's reaction after the Valencia test yesterday, looks like Honda's problems are here to stay. The bike is not sorted and the 8-times World Champion has already declared it is impossible to fight for the title with the motorcycle they have made.

Most Viewed