Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 11:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: It's back! The 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix | 18-20 March, 2022 | Bahrain International Circut

As a Ferrari fan, was the perfect start to the season. Absolutely lovely clean racing between Charles and Max. Now that Max has won his first championship, I expect his driving to further mature.

The first few races are going to be close between Ferrari and RedBull and I think we can look forward to some exciting racing as the 2022 cars are able to follow more closely.

On another note, I loved the deep red Ferrari in pictures but in the race it looked too dark and not really identifiable as a Ferrari. It should be a couple of shades brighter which will look good with the black. Anyone else feel this way ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st March 2022 at 11:03.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 12:22   #32
BHPian

Re: It's back! The 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix | 18-20 March, 2022 | Bahrain International Circut

Forza Ferrari!!! Oh boy I have been waiting for this day for far too long. A beautiful red car, a rocket ship for an engine, two very talented and hungry drivers. What more a true ferrari fan can hope for? Absolutely loved the Bahrain gp. My heart was in my mouth when Charles and Max were battling in to turn 1. And every time Charles came out on top. Can't wait for 22 more of these epic races. My heart goes out to every Redbull fans. Max really deserved the second places.
Old 21st March 2022, 13:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
On another note, I loved the deep red Ferrari in pictures but in the race it looked too dark and not really identifiable as a Ferrari. It should be a couple of shades brighter which will look good with the black. Anyone else feel this way ?
Absolutely agree with you; did not like the "maroon" Ferraris. They should be RED!
amit73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 13:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Now that Max has won his first championship, I expect his driving to further mature.

His driving is as good as ever but the rant as soon as things are not going his way is something which gets in to my skin, he has signed a long term contract with RB, it doesn't bode well to both the parties if RB is stuck with reliability issues.

Absolutely !!! love that beauty, delighted for Leclerc, hope we see a 3 way fighting for WDC and WCC

Shout out to K-Mag and Bottas what a drive
BlueFreedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 14:20   #35
BHPian

Brilliant start for Ferrari! Charles vs Max battle kept me on the edge of my couch! It was thrilling to watch. I loved the fact that Charles kept his cool and came back three times! Happy for Ferrari! It has been extremely difficult past few years for Ferrari fans, and yesterdays results were just amazing!

Sad to see 3 Redbull cars having reliability issues, leaving only Tsunoda scoring the points!

Overall a great start to the season.. fully expect Redbull to bounce back next race.
punto_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 15:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

What a race and I viewed the race on F1 TV, really nice option, you can choose the onboard video from all the drivers, choose commentary between the international(Sky) and F1TV, listen to the radio communication between the driver and the pitwall.

I just watched the onboard video of Max before his retirement, you could hear the engine misfire and it sounded like fuel starvation.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:21   #37

What a start to the season. Let's hope the entire season plays out this way. Dream 1-2 for the reds. LEC totally deserved to win. How did HAM get a podium outta that car?

The bulls are right up there pace wise. And never discount Merc. Tough for the Papayas. It's a 3 way fight this year. Happy to see the back benchers in the points. Let's go 2022.
Old 21st March 2022, 16:51   #38
NKB
BHPian

A very good season opener. It’s going to be interesting this year. Good to see Ferrari in the lead. Bad luck for RedBull but they will surely comeback stronger. Mercedes will also be competitive but will find difficult to dominate the way they did earlier.

On another note, is it only me or others also felt, this year car looks bigger in a negative way. I liked it little smaller.
Old 21st March 2022, 16:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What a race and I viewed the race on F1 TV, really nice option, you can choose the onboard video from all the drivers, choose commentary between the international(Sky) and F1TV, listen to the radio communication between the driver and the pitwall.

I just watched the onboard video of Max before his retirement, you could hear the engine misfire and it sounded like fuel starvation.
Nice, I’ve taken F1 TV subscription here in India the other day and it doesn’t have any live telecast. We have access to highlights and some some very old races. I guess I’ll just cancel it.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 17:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Nice, I’ve taken F1 TV subscription here in India the other day and it doesn’t have any live telecast. We have access to highlights and some some very old races. I guess I’ll just cancel it.
Yeah, I did the same mistake when I was in UAE, checked this time whether it is available here in Sweden before taking the subscription. A must-have for an F1 enthusiast I would say.

https://www.formula1.com/en/subscrib...-tv.html#en-SE

You can check the above link to see if live streaming is available in your country.

I hated when I had to stream via the illegal streaming websites, the streaming stops sporadically and a zillion pop up ads comes up whenever you try to restart the stream.

Definitely worth the money if it is available in the country. It had issues when it was launched IIRC, TCS is in charge of the F1 TV backend I believe.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 18:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Yeah, I did the same mistake when I was in UAE, checked this time whether it is available here in Sweden before taking the subscription. A must-have for an F1 enthusiast I would say.

https://www.formula1.com/en/subscrib...-tv.html#en-SE

You can check the above link to see if live streaming is available in your country.

I hated when I had to stream via the illegal streaming websites, the streaming stops sporadically and a zillion pop up ads comes up whenever you try to restart the stream.

Definitely worth the money if it is available in the country. It had issues when it was launched IIRC, TCS is in charge of the F1 TV backend I believe.
I did see before subscription that it doesn’t do live streaming but was looking forward to some exclusive content. But I didn’t find anything worthwhile.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 19:50   #42
BHPian

What an amazing start to the season!Loved the back and forth between Charles and Max and very very happy with the Ferrari 1-2. Unfortunate for the Red Bulls at the end, but they still do look mighty strong, and Bahrain has always been a "Ferrari circuit" so wouldn't be surprised if they're miles ahead of Ferrari in the cooler races.
Old 21st March 2022, 22:04   #43
BHPian

Happy to see the red team back on top. Supporting Charles this season! He looked supreme in the lead.

As predicted, there have been changes to driver rules and Max can't repeat what he did last season. He will be exposed for his lack of clean wheel-to-wheel racing skills. Yield or crash isn't gonna work anymore, so I hope he learns and we get an entertaining season.

Hamilton looks relieved to be an underdog again. Merc is probably not gonna have a fast car till mid-season. They have an average PU compared to Ferrari, so can't even brute force their way out of this problem.
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
Absolutely agree with you; did not like the "maroon" Ferraris. They should be RED!
It is no maroon! And is indeed a deeper shade of red.

The satin finish + floodlights is making the livery look the way it did in Bahrain. Check the car in FP sessions or testing, its beautiful!

Anyways, it is very subjective and hardly matters! For all we care, Ferrari can run the raw carbon fiber body with just the logos if it is as competitive through out the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
What an amazing start to the season!Loved the back and forth between Charles and Max and very very happy with the Ferrari 1-2. Unfortunate for the Red Bulls at the end, but they still do look mighty strong, and Bahrain has always been a "Ferrari circuit" so wouldn't be surprised if they're miles ahead of Ferrari in the cooler races.
I don't think Ferrari are that strong to run away with it. Red Bull will come back next weekend itself if they can nail their reliability issues. That car is very fast in a straight line and does have the edge on Saturday I think. But its mighty close on race day.

Whoever nails the in-season development, this season belongs to them!
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

What a great start to the season! Elation and despair, just what Netflix ordered

Ferrari back after too long, Haas & Alpha Romeo cant believe what they saw.
McLaren in big trouble, Mercedes & Aston with lots to do.

Bit surprised at such high degradation, even the masterful Alonso struggled.

Looking forward to the race for the best of the rest - Alpine/Haas/Alpha (Tauri + Romeo) playing out.

Coming to the racing, Max got a little too impatient, the 2nd DRS zone was the smart one to wait for.

Also, Charles vs Carlos will be interesting in the coming races, because Red Bull have a clear 1-2 policy, Ferrari will need to define it.
The Spainiard may start to get a bit frustrated.

Most Viewed