Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 15:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022

A Brand New circuit around the Hard Rock Stadium which is proving tricky for the drivers and might be good for overtaking is a big yes to me. Till now, it's been very aesthetically pleasing to my eyes and I have a feeling that we will have some good racing around here, even if we think otherwise.

The Circuit

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-circuit.jpg

Schedule

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-schedule.jpg

Qualifying

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-quali.jpg

The Tyres

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-tyre.jpg

The Weather

Name:  image_20220508_155804085.png
Views: 286
Size:  20.0 KB

Championship Standings

2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-dc.jpg
2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022-cc.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Miami Grand Prix | Miami International Autodrome | 06-08th May, 2022

Surprised to see the lack of posts on this race. Contrary to this thread, the F1 event this weekend was a mega blitz with many Hollywood, major sports and other industry bigshot attending the race. Thanks to Netflix, F1 is becoming big in the US and this race was a good indication of times to come going forward.

Good race by Max overall and finally the Mercedes pair are fighting it out on the track, with Russell gaining the upper hand over Hamilton. I'm going to pay attention to this pair going ahead. Hamilton has had his luck with Bottas playing second fiddle for quite a while; don't think Russell is intending to bow down at all. Once the Mercedes cars catch up to the Ferrari and Red Bull cars, it'll be interesting to see how this dynamics works out on the race track.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:22   #3
BHPian

I think the lack of activity here is probably due to the post-midnight timings of the race.

That said, I'm a tad disappointed with Charles & Ferrari. RedBull seems to be in a different league once Max gets clear of cars.

Hamilton is struggling.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I think at some point the Tifosi are going to lose their head over the constant excuses we have heard from Ferrari since Jeddah. The car being almost 10-15 kmph slower than the Red Bulls in the straights!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:50   #5

I saw first 30 mins of the race but then went to sleep.

Coming to Race, Redbull (especially Max) was able to accelerate early coming out of corners and it was giving him added advantage. Also, the engine seems to be faster on straights.

Ferrari again have a chance at championship they should not throw it away.

Mercs is never able to take risks when it comes to strategy. What was stopping them from giving HAM fresher tyres and allowing him to attack. At his position there's not many points to loose anyway. I have been Mercs and HAM fan and this hurts.

Good effort by Bottas to finish 7th and qualifying ahead of HAM. He is coming on his own outside Mercs.

@Admin:

Just to add to previous post.

Somehow, felt camera angles were focusing more on blitz of the circuit than on cars. Just couldn't connect with action going on track. Did anyone else feel same?

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th May 2022 at 18:06. Reason: Back to back post, please await approval to edit the original post.
racer_sk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 19:39   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think at some point the Tifosi are going to lose their head over the constant excuses we have heard from Ferrari since Jeddah. The car being almost 10-15 kmph slower than the Red Bulls in the straights!
Honda powered cars top the charts as far as top speed is concerned and since engine development is frozen, Mercedes which lags behind even Ferrari engine can't do much.

Remember Redbull poached lot of HPP(Mercedes engine division) employees.
Old 9th May 2022, 19:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Honda powered cars top the charts as far as top speed is concerned and since engine development is frozen, Mercedes which lags behind even Ferrari engine can't do much.

Remember Redbull poached lot of HPP(Mercedes engine division) employees.
Only some parts of engine development is frozen, Ferrari are bringing engine updates as well. You will have to dig into this piece a little more to understand what i am talking about.

For instance, the battery element of engine development has not been frozen yet, and Ferrari is bringing something to the table in that direction.

But Honda.. what a turnaround story. Those engineers must feel terrible after Honda management pulled the plug.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 20:14   #8
NKB
BHPian

It was a good race and the environment was also energetic.

Max had very good drive. Redbull is looking very strong on straight-line speed. Once Max overtook Leclerc, he extended the gap well. Leclerc could not do much since he lacked the straight-line speed compared to Max. Like the advantage Hamilton had over Max towards the later part of last year.
This season till now it is either P1 or DNF for Max.
Mercedes should be encouraged with the performance of the car and the result. Still there is big gap with Ferrari and Redbull. But one thing is looking apparent is that Russell is out-performing Hamilton. Is it that Russell has comparatively better-balanced car or is it because even in this state the Mercedes is better car then Williams car that he drove previously? I am just wondering.

On another note, I believe the camara work to cover the race is very poor. The angles etc does not feel that good and the cars appears very slow at times. If anyone else also felt the same way?
Old 10th May 2022, 23:43   #9

I am glad I watched this race even though it was late night over in India.

The circuit has a few little niggles it can fix for next year. Like Tecpro barriers in fast corners instead of concrete. The crowd was great, for once, not just a sea of red or orange (even though I am a hardcore Tifosi myself).

What was encouraging was the actual race. Nowhere was it as boring as say, Abu-Dhabi, or Catalunya. There were battles, overtakes, DRS trains, and strategy played its part.

Overall, can't complain. Except for the post race event, which may not be what everyone expected. It wouldn't be Florida, if it weren't ridiculous.
Old 11th May 2022, 08:56   #10
BHPian

A very average race, couldn't enjoy it, since it was more glitz than the real racing. FIA didn't give 2 bucks to the loose gravel on track surface which was a point raised by many drivers. The lack on tech pro barriers in infamous turn 13 was a grave concern. If anyone takes a seperate racing line the loose gravel instantly made the drive lose the grip as we saw with Bottas. They really need to improve the surface and twitch the layout too. I am strongly of the opinion F1 need not have so many Street circuits. Germany is really missed!
Old 11th May 2022, 10:46   #11
BHPian

This race made the IPL look like a much toned down affair, full on Bollywood award show vibes it was! But I get it, US has a huge potential for F1 and they really want to cash in on this opportunity, eventually will be good for the sport.

Coming to the racing, Max just continues to show his class. Without adequate running on a new track, he was exceptional during the race. I thought he would be disappointed by Quali but in the interview he was so chill, just blaming the team for the unreliability

Yes, RB has a definite advantage in straight line speed but remember Ferrari hasn’t got any upgrades yet. Binotto mentioned in his interview that if RB is bringing so many upgrades now, they should slow down by the end of this season due to the cost cap.

Russell is just riding this wave of form and luck and oozing with confidence, even making the strategy calls! Hamilton does look out of place in this slowish car and you can’t blame him given the last 8 years - hope he “bounces back”.

Albon impresses again with his red hair! He is doing a pretty good job with that car. I feel both Albon and Gasly shouldn’t go back to RB and be that number 2 driver, they just need to keep performing as I can see a potential of 3-4 seats getting vacated in the next couple of years - HAM, ALO, VET and dare I say RIC
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
This race made the IPL look like a much toned down affair, full on Bollywood award show vibes it was! But I get it, US has a huge potential for F1 and they really want to cash in on this opportunity, eventually will be good for the sport.
Even I felt the same. Helmets for end ceremony was what annoyed me the most. Everyone wants to see the winners celebrate and see emotions on their face, not a helmet.

From what I have been reading, major sponsors are actually disappointed with this race and they may not be returning back next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks