Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you be interested?
Yes, I would love (and see my design get picked if..) 11 100.00%
No, thanks I dont care about dreaming big. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 23:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Could people be interested in designing their own track? As a fun exercise?

I was wondering, people design prototypes of cars and everything, well could someone be interested in creating a race track which could be challenging and at the same time fun and easy to build requiring least amount of area to operate in?

A thread like this but for designing Ferrari Dino exists in Ferrarichat.com, it would be a fun exercise i feel, I am providing a page which showed some of the type of turns used in the track, granted its for a toy track but it could be used as a basis by people who might not know much about designing a track and then again obviously we have google maps where you can see existing tracks and dream on from there..

Obviously the idea is to make a track that draws from all the best tracks and is not a copy of them..

If people are interested that would be great, it could be extension to my thread asking about building a hypothetical track somewhere near delhi...

May be in due course of time, once we have collected enough track designs we could have a poll to see what people think about them and what they think would be fun and challenging to drive on..

Here is the link: Track design help

I feel it could be a fun thing to do.. Hope people like the idea and contribute to this thread..
Old 16th June 2007, 13:06   #2
BHPian

Try this for an Idea, this would help for it's relatively a very new track.

Dubai Autodrome: Track Info

If you need a few mpre snaps which I had taken of the Insides of the Control room, The track (while in a safety car of course), the pit lane view from the Control room etc. do pm me.

Last edited by suren181 : 16th June 2007 at 13:07.
Old 16th June 2007, 22:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton, more info and pics would be awesome..

The track design is nice, i doubt i would be able to get approx area for this track, is there a way of finding out?

Also I remembering seeing this track on TV sometime, this is owned by sheiks son if I am not mistaken who created the A1GP racing..

Anyhow the track is interesting where it can hold 3 different configuration for racing simultaneously but its a long track, close to 3.5 miles... It would be great starting point..thanks..

I will post pictures of other tracks to increase interest in creating the design and also get ideas from, so that people who voted yes could contribute..
Old 16th June 2007, 22:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Here are some existing track desings:

Dubai Autodrome, very versatile, modern and can hold 6 configurations out of which 3 can run simultaneously, obviously this is made for full on racing and not so much for just private use so is very extensive, but very nice none the less..

All pictures are from their offocial site

Last edited by 1Day : 16th June 2007 at 22:49.
Old 16th June 2007, 22:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another one, this one is closer to my house, Autobahn Country Club in Joliet IL.

Source:Autobahn Country Club
Old 17th June 2007, 23:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

So any of you buddies working on something post here, i will be posting Willow springs soon..and keep finding more and more tracks to put here..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks