Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix | Silverstone | 01-03rd July, 2022

What an eventful race!!!

First of all such a horrific accident for Zhou, but glad to see him doing fine after such a speed accident.

Second, so happy to see Sainz take his first win and in style. There was so much action up and down the order with such close wheel to wheel racing.
Made my Sunday. Great racing overall.

Great comeback from Perez from last position, aided by the safety car.

Ferrari needs to fire their strategy people, they would have screwed up this race royally if Sainz had listened to them. Twice Sainz kept his foot down this season and was rewarded with a win today and a runner up position in Monaco.
Even in the last race in Canada, Ferrari could have put Sainz on the soft tyres for his last pitstop under safety car, Sainz is not a championship contender and any points taken against Max will aid the team. Sainz could have had a great chance to win in Canada against Max if he had softs towards the end of the race.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:17   #17
BHPian

They should have at least shown Zhou climbing out of the car. I was searching YouTube, to find the clips of accident, it took a while for the replays and drivers view's to air, glad nothing serious happened.

The most unexpected dual; Max and Mick fighting for P8 in the last laps, got to admit kids got some moves. Can anyone please explain why max lost performance and grip.
Kanna_8118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:21   #18
BHPian

Sainz finally got on the first step of the podium!

Mick finally scored some points!

And Perez! Oh that guy literally came out of nowhere. Slowly and steadily climbing the ranks and with the safety car, he just popped out into the 2nd position.

The last few laps were like literally directed by Ekta K.

Sad for Charles, not his fault, Ferrari messed up his strategy yet again.

And what's with the commentators, they were literally only speaking about Hamilton all the time, it is so irritating. Is this a country based sport, that they're only supporting the drivers from their country. Sky sports should actually do something about it, commentators are supposed to be neutral in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Dark humor alert.

Two minutes of silence for those who hated and opposed the Halo when it was made mandatory, and this include some F1 drivers as well. Without the Halo, well...we would have been posting some very dark messages here tonight.
Very true, I know one such champion who was against it. Being saved by the halo in the image below.
2022 British Grand Prix | Silverstone | 01-03rd July, 2022-hamiltonverstappengettyftr120621_lsvdhel55nf21sq3jp24wsbkf.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna_8118 View Post
They should have at least shown Zhou climbing out of the car. I was searching YouTube, to find the clips of accident, it took a while for the replays and drivers view's to air, glad nothing serious happened.
I think they have stopped broadcasting it after the incident with Grosjean. Not exactly sure of the reasons behind it.

Quote:
Can anyone please explain why max lost performance and grip.
Most likely he damaged his car by driving over some left out debri from some earlier accident. Should not have happened, as its supposed to be cleared.

Last edited by iamahunter : 3rd July 2022 at 22:29.
iamahunter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:38   #19
BHPian

The Halo Saves another Life!

Quite a freak accident that was particularly no one’s fault, Gasly was boxed in and couldn’t do anything, the end result was an Alpha Romeo upside-down on gravel!

On the other hand, Ferrari’s race engineers and strategist are a much bigger threat to Leclerc’s Championship than any of the other drivers on the grid. A sloth wearing headphones can take faster, sound decisions than the guys sitting in the Ferrari paddock.

The Race really turned out to be quite entertaining in the laps after the safety car and I thoroughly enjoyed the battle between Leclerc, Perez & Hamilton.
Mat095 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... explain why max lost performance and grip.
Reportedly, floor damage disrupting aero on rear RHS side, magnified by current aero regs heavily dependent on 'ground effect' and the Red Bull being highly aero-sensitive. Perez and Leclerc had similar front wing damage (Perez a bit worse), but the Ferrari stayed competitive while the Red Bull needed a wing swap.

Silverstone is probably one of the worst places you'd want to have an aero-crippled car. You need confidence the driven axle will stick & bite around those sweeping corners and not just slide away from you. Verstappen at times looked like he was on ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I think they have stopped broadcasting it after the incident with Grosjean. Not exactly sure of the reasons behind it...
That particular bit of track is a little close-up cam limited because it's a high-speed corner where they usually get panning/tracking shots.

They're also circumspect showing live footage as you never know what to expect, both w.r.t. content and privacy of those involved.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd July 2022 at 22:50.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I want to know that conversation between leclerc and mattia.
The finger wagging says it all Don’t say anything negative about the team during any interview or why we didn’t/couldn’t pull you in for a pit stop during the safety car or anything at all. Don’t you dare speak against Ferrari
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:15   #22
VRJ
BHPian

First of all, I’m glad ZHU is alright. It is the worst crash I’ve seen live in F1. Moving on to the race, it was brilliant. The last 10 laps were mega. A short video of the action:

https://twitter.com/formulajordi/sta...aDjqvmQs1dyaFQ

Carlos again going against Ferraris advice (first in Monaco) and he has been right both the times. Lec was clearly quicker than Sai, but Ferrari’s strategy was a shitshow. Max got a tyre puncture due to debris on track, which is ridiculous in today’s age, and had a broken car and yet still managed to loose only 6 points to Lec. Phenomenal drive by CHECOOO . Truly a master class. His defence and overtaking during the last 10 lap had me shouting with excitement, lol.

I’m not sure what went wrong with Ham. He had the fastest car and at one point I thought he would win because Sainz wouldn’t let Lec pass him and they were loosing almost half a second per lap to Ham. MSC first points. Good drive from him. Danny Ric had a disastrous race. Finishing 13 when your team mate finishes 6 is not a good look.

Cheers!

Last edited by VRJ : 3rd July 2022 at 23:17.
VRJ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:17   #23
BHPian

Ferrari can't win the championship with that many strategic mistakes. They got lucky today.
Old 4th July 2022, 01:15   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The less said about Ferrari strategy the better.

I think Lewis could have won today, if it hadn't been for the safety car.
If Max had not got the damage, Lewis would have still finished second.

Perez, Sainz and Lewis had a go at the fastest lap and Lewis got it.

Redbull straight line speed makes them very dangerous especially if they get DRS. Unfortunately the Ferrari and Mercedes don't have a answer yet for that.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 08:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

F1 safety has come a long way all thanks to the sacrifice of legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna. I believe only Jules Bianchi has passed away from an accident in F1 ever since.

Zhou has to thank the team that suggested the Halo. I never thought F1 cars can go turtle so easily and just goes on to prove how dangerous the sport is.

Congrats to Carlos Sainz on his first victory! Mercedes seems to be back in the game! Insane drive from Perez but Max's race was a washout!

Anything could happen in this championship and I'm glad the suspense is on!
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 08:20   #26
Team-BHP Support

What a race!

It was as if, there were three races: P1 by himself, P2-P6 having a race of their own, and then the bottom pack. Spectacular racing for P2 and P3. Barring that one episode of LEC going off wide, which allowed HAM and PER to overtake him, all drivers drove very smarty. It seemed as if Norris and Alonso might just get into the party, at one point of time!

As for Zhou, what a nasty crash that was. The Halo continues to save lives.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 08:44   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.gpblog.com/en/videos/114...-the-race.html

I hope the Italian Mafia take notice and kidnap the strategy team at Ferrari and do something about this... Because Ferrari is certainly doing nothing apart from burning through perfectly championship winning drivers!

This guy Leclerc is easily the best driver out there. Damaged car and old hard tyres and he still gave Perez and Hamilton a tough time! I was screaming like a little girl through the entire race.

I think Leclerc should start calling the strategy shots... Like Sainz has started... And like every other goddamn Ferrari driver before him right upto Schumacher.

Last edited by Red Liner : 4th July 2022 at 08:50.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 09:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I hope the Italian Mafia take notice and kidnap the strategy team at Ferrari and do something about this...

I think Leclerc should start calling the strategy shots... Like Sainz has started... And like every other goddamn Ferrari driver before him right upto Schumacher.
After seeing Binnoto reprimanding Charles, Italian Mafia would be more than happy to recruit him, he's a natural.

Irony is Ferrari don't want drivers to criticize and embarrass them in front of the whole world, Binnoto just did that to himself and the whole team; at least he should have done so privately. Everyone knows Chalrles and Binnoto didn't get along very well last season, but everything looked well this season.
I personally see Ferrari as a spoiled child, it's been ages since they won a WDC they should get that they aren't the untouchable Ferrari of 2004. If they are so concerned about reputation what happened when they were caught cheating in 2019-2020. If they continue this path, they will definitely become Williams.
Kanna_8118 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 09:46   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want to know that conversation between leclerc and mattia.
Name:  WhatsApp Image 20220704 at 9.44.41 AM.jpeg
Views: 179
Size:  105.5 KB

Not only was it the worse strategy to keep LEC out but they made an even worse one by telling SAI to keep a gap and save LEC and almost screwed him over as well. If SAI had listened, he would have gotten passed by HAM and PER and then LEC would have been passed by PER and maybe even HAM which means no Ferrari victory.

When you have SAI with fresh tyres, common sense would be to ensure whichever Ferrari is faster takes the lead without fighting each other and let the slower ferrari defend till the best not leave both hung to dry.

The driver SAI made that decision for them vs the strategist.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th July 2022 at 10:01.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 09:51   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

+1

Every great driver has - Hamilton is known to be vocal about when his opinion differs. Kimi's outbursts were legendary. Not aware of Vettel & Alonso but my money would be that they also called the strategy shots when they saw it so.

Triva (#TIL moment) - Carlos's full name is

Carlos Sainz Vázquez de Castro Cenamor Rincón Rebollo Virto Moreno de Aranda Don Per Urrielagoiria Pérez del Pulgar.

As "Raabert" in Andaaz Apna Apna once famously quipped - "Itna saare naam - baki log sab kahan hai?" (Where are the rest)?
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks