Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 09:55   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix | Silverstone | 01-03rd July, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not only was it the worse strategy to keep LEC out
If we could earn a Euro each time LEC said "please" or "please do something" yesterday, we'd be rich enough to buy Ferrari and hire competent strategists.

You can almost be sure Ferrari will implode the moment they are in winning positions.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 10:07   #32
MCR
BHPian

What a race. Extremely happy that Perez got onto the podium. He was already behind Hamilton before the Safety Car came out!. Safety Car worked out perfectly for him.

Happy to see Sainz win, but sad to see "finger wagging" incident even before the podium ceremony. It was Leclerc's race to lose and he did lose thanks to Pit Strategy. They could have gone for a double header and should have hoped that Sainz would overtake Hamilton on the Track.

Hope the upcoming races are equally action packed.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:08   #33
BHPian

Awesome!!!!
Halo you are a lifesaver, exciting race of the season hands down
Sainz drove steely both instances of restart, battle between Ham, Perez and Leclerec was epic.
I bet my bottom dollar that if Max was involved in the duel one of the car would have ended in the barriers for sure.

Did anyone notice none of the cars were porpoising, is that because of the FIA directive or all the teams have found a solution ? can we expect Merc to fight for occasional wins if there is no further porpoising
Old 4th July 2022, 11:55   #34
BHPian

Redbull seems to be on their way to both WDC and WCC (unless French GP TD makes redbull slower), ferrari embracing the clown meme again with Charles who was faster than Carlos in a broken car and is their best bet for WDC.

Happy for Carlos but he doesn't seem to be in league of Lewis, Max and Charles. The mistake at Maggots under pressure shows. The Max-esque crunch at the restart was brilliant though.

Lewis was brilliant as well and just shows why he's a legend of the sport. Spectacular drive as usual.

Good recovery drive from Max, battling Haas hard for a few points

Comments on this ?
2022 British Grand Prix | Silverstone | 01-03rd July, 2022-0dnse3kpyd991.png
ashish_sax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously it is nothing short of a wonder that Zhao survived that crash and is in good health to be able to continue where he left off.

God bless the team that came up with the Halo and pushed for it, irrespective of the arguments they faced. A video below of the accident taken from the bystander's view.

ninjatalli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 14:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Firstly - Thank you HALO !

What a race and it looked like Sainz had all the luck this weekend. He had a bad start for which he got a second attempt, was slower than Charles even though Charles' car had a damaged wing and in the end the safety car worked out perfectly for him !

I am really happy for him though, can't believe it has taken him so long to win a GP.

Super gutted for Charles. He is such a great driver and Ferrari is letting him down so badly, I can imagine how frustrated he must be. I really hope his luck changes as the championship is running away from him as it stands.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 4th July 2022 at 14:17.
Old 4th July 2022, 14:59   #37
BHPian

It was one of the bet races of recent times, especially the last 10 odd laps. The knife edge wheel to wheel racing was, really, of high quality and kudos to all the three-Leclerc, Hamilton and Perez. I hope the improvements to the car and the competitiveness Mercedez showed in the race continues. There is nothing like 3 strong teams fighting for the top position.

While Sainz did win, and I am happy for him, the fact still remains that with a damaged car Leclerc was still faster than him. Sainz was really fortunate yesterday. It seemed some higher power really wanted him to win yesterday and intervened again and again to tilt the balance in his favour.

The less said about the Ferrari strategists the better. They simply have been found with their pants down too many times. I tend to agree, with quite a few of the members, that Leclerc seems to be too beholden to the team. He needs to come into his own and challenge the team and say it as it is when things are not right. This is his time and he needs to make the best of it.

The crash was scary and, now, it is quite difficult to believe that till a few seasons back there was Halo device.
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 15:03   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Seriously it is nothing short of a wonder that Zhao survived that crash and is in good health to be able to continue where he left off.

God bless the team that came up with the Halo and pushed for it, irrespective of the arguments they faced. A video below of the accident taken from the bystander's view.

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=fhMPIHUHZRE
That ferrari engine was still running after the crash. That's one good thing for reliability
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 15:23   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

A poignant and good video considering what has happened so far this season.

I have been watching F1 actively since '95-96, and I have to agree.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 17:16   #40
BHPian

What a Race.
I was eagerly waiting for this race as this is one of my fav tracks and it delivers good races every year. It didnt disappoint even this year.
What a race and what a restart after safety car. I think this would be the maximum number of times the 2nd position was swapped in F1.
Old 4th July 2022, 17:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
What a race. What a race. Nail biting laps, those last 10 laps were for sure.

Amazing racing by Hamilton, Leclarc and Perez maintaining control during those laps. Great comeback by Perez and even though I was rooting for Hamilton to win in his home race, can't ask for a better race.

And what a cry baby Verstappen is turning out to be.

And you know what was the best outcome of this race?
Mercedes are back in business. Woohoo! The next set of races are going to be fun!
Fantastic race.
Well deserved maiden F1 victory for Sainz and mega drive by Checo.

Alonso and Perez will continue to outclass Lewis and prove, every time, that all those heaps of titles as WDC were nothing but Mercedes domination which almost killed interest off in F1.

Lewis' contempt (albeit sugar coated by political correctness) for all other drivers on the grid is well documented. When utterly outclassed, his refrain is that the other car was too fast. Laughable, cause the dominant Mercedes was the only reason for all of his titles.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2022 at 05:09. Reason: Personal attacks
TDCi4Life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 17:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Comments on this ?
Attachment 2328828
Hamilton’s comment post race -

"Charles did a great job, a very sensible driver. Clearly a lot different to what I experienced last year. Copse, for example, two of us went through their no problem.”

Your photo clearly answers who was wrong. He didn’t take the apex last year, took Max out of the race, got a minor penalty and won the race. Even if he doesn’t believe he was wrong that time he shouldn’t be making sarcastic comments about that incident because it did not cost him anything!

Quote:
And what a cry baby Verstappen is turning out to be.
We could clearly see the loss of power in his car. He was having difficulties in defending from a Haas so you could understand the frustration. He still fought hard and finished with some points and at no point did he ask his team to retire the car and save the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Liked the way George ran out to help(probably Albon), didn't seem to be very necessary though.

I can't imagine if it was Max in place of George, the british commentators would have literally killed him with negative comments.
George actually ran towards Zhou first, then Albon. It was just instinctive I guess.
AutoConsultant is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 18:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
Alonso and Perez will continue to outclass Lewis and prove, every time, that all those heaps of titles as WDC were nothing but Mercedes domination which almost killed interest off in F1.
Ah man that's harsh, Sure Mercedes were in a league of their own and Lewis was in the right place at the right time but can't take it all from the man. He might not be at the level Charles and Max are, but he is still pretty good (Better than Checo for sure, Alonso might be debatable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Hamilton’s comment post race -

"Charles did a great job, a very sensible driver. Clearly a lot different to what I experienced last year. Copse, for example, two of us went through their no problem.”

Your photo clearly answers who was wrong. He didn’t take the apex last year, took Max out of the race, got a minor penalty and won the race. Even if he doesn’t believe he was wrong that time he shouldn’t be making sarcastic comments about that incident because it did not cost him anything!
That cheeky comment from an experienced driver like Lewis just makes me like Max even more now, It's been a year mate move on. Same goes for the Sky crew too.
ashish_sax is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 00:27   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I want to know that conversation between leclerc and mattia.

Name:  Capture774.PNG
Views: 124
Size:  796.3 KB

After effect of the crash

2022 British Grand Prix | Silverstone | 01-03rd July, 2022-291732956_730528228224514_1890502412716111974_n.jpg
VICTOR-MIKE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 05:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Ah man that's harsh, Sure Mercedes were in a league of their own and Lewis was in the right place at the right time but can't take it all from the man. He might not be at the level Charles and Max are, but he is still pretty good (Better than Checo for sure, Alonso might be debatable).
I feel Charles is really fast in Quali and Race but definitely more error-prone than the other two. Max too has lots of raw pace but his racecraft is just like Lewis's' i.e. when things are not going his way, he resorts to dirty moves, which I don't feel Charles indulges into that extent.

It'll be a long while before we can say that Max is on Lewis' level or Charles is on Max's level.

Lewis matched Alonso on the other hand in his rookie season so not many comments were required to settle that debate.
thecarguy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks