Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 14:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Forget the '80s and '90s. With Schumi playing an Important role in the team for the last 3 races, none of these things will hold good, wait and watch!!
Agreed. Schumi seems to be seen more often at the races now. Plus I read on the F1 site of him saying his role in the team will be more clearly defined by the end of the year. I'm sure Schumi had a big contribution in the tests between US and France. The results are showing.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

So Stephney is suing Ferrari and I take it that the authorities are suing Stephney, or is Ferrari doing so too..?! Now, I wonder if Mclaren are going to sue Coughlan and would he counter-sue? Or he is going to be sued by the investigating authorities?!?!
Old 4th July 2007, 17:39   #18
BANNED

McLaren involved in Ferrari Spy scandal

The espionage scandal involving Ferrari's Nigel Stepney deepened late on Tuesday when McLaren admitted that one of its senior technical staff is also implicated.

Woking based McLaren did not name him, but it is widely reported to be 48-year-old chief designer Mike Coughlan, who has been suspended, 'regarding the receipt of technical information' from countryman Stepney.

McLaren, insisting that it will 'fully cooperate' with Ferrari's own investigation and that of Italian police, said: [COLOR=navy]"The team has learnt that this individual had personally received a package of technical information from a Ferrari employee at the end of April."[/COLOR]

For more updates read Source :- F1live.com

This seems to be a shocking news to me.So what do u think did McLaren gain an advantage using all this technical information in the initial period of the season by winning races.And if this proves to be vital at the end of season in winning the championship I think it would be a great tragedy for Ferrari.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

From bad to worse to an absolute muddle. Now FIA jumps in to launch its own investigation. Holy s***

Formula One news: FIA to investigate espionage affair - GPUpdate.net Formula One
Old 5th July 2007, 17:59   #20
BHPian

More complicated than it appears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post

This seems to be a shocking news to me.So what do u think did McLaren gain an advantage using all this technical information in the initial period of the season by winning races.And if this proves to be vital at the end of season in winning the championship I think it would be a great tragedy for Ferrari.
They will have to prove that McLaren use the info which was found in their Chief Designers residence.
McLaren have opened themselves to investigation by the FIA and that should clear the air, though how long this will take is anybodies guess.
It could well be that the two designers (from Macaa and Ferrari) were cooking something up between themselves and wanted to sell this off to someone else (someother team on the grid).
Think about it.
Old 7th July 2007, 00:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Both Stepney and Cougan wanted to join Honda and even had approached Nick Fry.This is going to turn intresting.

itv.com/f1 - Honda was approached by spy suspects
Old 11th July 2007, 10:42   #22
Team-BHP Support

Now looks like the wife was caught phtocopying the documents:

Wife of McLaren F1 designer 'caught copying Ferrari's secrets'
Old 11th July 2007, 11:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a supreme fool.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren let off - Breaking news on TV
Old 26th July 2007, 20:00   #25
BHPian

Read About it. Click link:

The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 26th July 2007, 20:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Found guilty of possing Ferrari technical info but no proof that they used it.What is the FIA upto???
If someone knows the fuel comsumption or tyre wear of their rival and base or strategy on that info.How can it ever be proved that the strategy was decied by seeing your rivals data?
Old 27th July 2007, 10:36   #27
Team-BHP Support

Atleast this should put an end to all the people out there who claim that F1 & the FIA are wrapped around Ferrari's little finger.

The judgment is nuts to say the least. They prove that Mclaren did cheat. However, no sentence! Maybe we should owe this to the Lewis effect now eh!
Old 27th July 2007, 12:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Two contradictory statements

One, Yes Mclaran did cheat.

and two we cannot do anything since we have no proof.

What is the FIA smoking ?
Old 27th July 2007, 12:12   #29
BHPian

Sick people run FIA.
When Schumi blocks Alonso in qualifying in Monaco, he gets penalised by stewards but when McLaren has Ferrari fineprints in possession, let them go!

Ferrari should have appealed against FIA ruling! wondering why they didnt!
Old 27th July 2007, 13:33   #30
Team-BHP Support

Hold on, lets not jump to conclusions

Steve Coughlan had the plans given to him by Nigel Stepney. The evidence is limited as:

1: No proof exists that Mclaren were ever in possession of these plans and put it to their use. Only an individual possessed them

2: The only proof will be whether there are specific design elements incorporated in to the MCL cars. Only an in-depth investigation can highlight this. This is called IP Contamination. i.e. if a bad apple sneezes out a rivals secrets into his company, the company will catch the flu.

3: If Ron Dennis wanted to copy the plans, he could afford to copy them in his home or office and not at a printshop by Coughlan's wife!

4: The main gap was the delay in sacking Steve

I know a case where a chip company recruited a person from a rival chip company, he walked in with all the design specs. The recruiting company promptly called both the rival company and the police and called for prosecution to cover themselves. That is what Mclaren did not do, may be they did not know until things blew up.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th July 2007 at 13:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks