Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 14:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : 2023 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post

(Slightly off topic, the WRC makes a lot of sense for the continent with major manufacturer involvement, except Ford perhaps...it would be amazing to have a World Rally event in the Himalayas, bet that will beat any other high altitude event on the current calendar)
I have been eyeing NE India to be the rally destination for India, even motocross
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 14:30   #17
BANNED

I feel that both F1 and MotoGP need to reduce the number of races as they almost race every other weekend which is definitely takes toll of riders and their families. I personally also do not prefer so many races too which makes it as common as brushing in the mornings and also leads to overdose of race/qualifying which makes it too monotonous in the end. I think an ideal number would be like somewhere between 12-16 races in a year.
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 14:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Changes for 2023

Rain races:
The FIA will define a standard kit to add to the water racing cars that avoid the aforementioned spray. In other words, add, in some way, mudguards in a standardized way for each car. They have also set out to understand the channeling of water through vehicles and its influence on the ground effect. It should be said that they will always be removable and put kits, and that they will only be used in water conditions.
Whoa, this will be a huge challenge given that the 2022 cars were leaning more on ground effect, any sort of flap in the air flow area will severely impact handling, reduce predictability around fast corners in wet conditions.
And ultimately, the engineers will find a way out to install the flap (as per regulations) and still reduce its impact on the car (thus defeating its purpose).

FIA should really do something about the extreme weather tyres seeing as it is rarely used and its almost always the inters which dominate wet races, as they are so versatile and have a wider operating window.

I really want refueling to be back, though it is not the safest thing out there. Though the spectacle it used to give during races with respect to strategy was amazing.
Old 25th November 2022, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

The new regs have given us another layer of uncertainty and the prospect of a technical error by a team really mixes up the grid. Although, porpoising will no longer be the great unknown as in 2022.

Apart from the usual suspects :

- Merc is ditching the Zero sidepod concept, should be challenging Red Bull straight away.
- Aston have the biggest potential gain under Dan Fallows, battle with Alpine is one I am really looking forward to.

- Big pressure on Piastri after the transfer saga.
- Ocon vs Gasly will be interesting after the latter settles in
- Yuki vs De Vries too.
- Looking forward to seeing how the Hulk holds up.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Ferrari confirm Mattia Binotto has resigned as Team Principal.

Quote:
Binotto leaves the Scuderia after 28 years. Now it remains to be known who the director of the Maranello team will be. Vasseur is best positioned to hold the position
Binotto:
Quote:
With the regret that this entails, I have decided to conclude my collaboration with Ferrari,

I am leaving a company that I love, which I have been part of for 28 years, with the serenity that comes from the conviction that I have made every effort to achieve the objectives set.

I leave a united and growing team. A strong team, ready, I’m sure, to achieve the highest goals, to which I wish all the best for the future. I think it is right to take this step at this time as hard as this decision has been for me.

I would like to thank all the people at the Gestione Sportiva who have shared this journey with me, made up of difficulties but also of great satisfaction.
Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna:
Quote:
I would like to thank Mattia for his many great contributions over 28 years with Ferrari and particularly for leading the team back to a position of competitiveness during this past year.

As a result, we are in a strong position to renew our challenge, above all for our amazing fans around the world, to win the ultimate prize in motorsport.

Everyone here at the Scuderia and in the wider Ferrari community wishes Mattia well for the future.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2022 at 16:51.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari confirm Mattia Binotto has resigned as Team Principal.
Would have been great if Ross Brawn was selected to take over Mattia Binotto's role. But Ross is retiring too.

https://www.news18.com/news/sports/r...1-6496411.html
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari confirm Mattia Binotto has resigned as Team Principal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Would have been great if Ross Brawn was selected to take over Mattia Binotto's role. But Ross is retiring too.
What if

This retirement of Ross Brawn from the governing body of Formula 1 is necessary if he is thinking of returning as a Team Principal at Ferrari with the necessary cooling down period in between. The timing is also perfect, November 2022, end of season. Coincidentally, Binotto and Brawn retire or leave their current positions at the same time

Now imagine this scenario, suddenly in February before testing for the next circus begins, Ross Brawn has a “sudden change of heart” claims he is already “bored of retirement”, of “sitting on his sofa” (as he claims) and sensationally is appointed as Team Principal of Ferrari.

He is the one man who is sure to bring Ferrari back to its glory days with his hallmarks of discipline, dedication, perseverance and total command.

Pure speculation and way out, but as I said before - what if!

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 29th November 2022 at 19:40.
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:23   #23
Team-BHP Support

Ross Brawn is (or should be) smarter than hopping onto this clown car.
Old 30th November 2022, 00:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Ross Brawn is (or should be) smarter than hopping onto this clown car.
The car has shown tremendous potential in 2022, it’s the clowns who are running the show who are lacking. An iron man like Ross Brawn can infuse discipline in the ranks along with ruthlessly removing the driftwood. I am sure Brawn would ensure he comes in only if given a free hand to run things, hire and fire as he chooses.

The Scuderia need a leader like Brawn to start prancing again.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 30th November 2022 at 00:36.
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 16:26   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

The Scuderia need a leader like Brawn to start prancing again...
Clown car wasn't a reference to the literal car .

Binotto was neither the solution when installed, nor the problem when removed. Whatever ails the Scuderia runs far deeper than a few figureheads. It'll need a top-to-bottom change in organization personnel and approach, and would likely be a multi-year project.

Who's willing to take something like that on, and more importantly, who'll be afforded the sort of time needed without the knives coming out?

There's a reason Ferrari have been dithering along since Todt/Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher left. They won in 2007 because McLaren tripped over themselves (should've won in 2008 too), and came close a couple time due to Alonso's brilliance despite collective team bungles.

I doubt anyone capable of turning the 'clown car' around wants to touch it with a barge pole right now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2022 at 18:02.
Old 30th November 2022, 21:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I doubt anyone capable of turning the 'clown car' around wants to touch it with a barge pole right now.
I disagree with you on this The car itself has become an extremely strong contender as was demonstrated in 2022. The right man, strong man, (Ross Brawn?) will only come onboard if he is given a free hand to hire, fire and do as he feels without interference.

This is a fact which must have been noted by the top management for sure. The pressure to correct things has to be more intense than to keep molly coddling the existing crew from top to bottom and keep playing politics.

The very fact that Binotto has been removed/fired (don’t believe he left willingly) itself proves they mean business and must have a succession plan in place to move the Scuderia from the joke it has become.

The position they are in right now is in fact exactly why a really capable gentleman will want to come in. Who among the genuine leaders wouldn’t want to go down in history and be known as The Man who restored Ferrari’s glory. Of course with the express condition that no one will interfere in that period. I am sure for such a man, this condition will be met.

We should know in the next 3 months how serious the Scuderia is in this aim.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 30th November 2022 at 21:37.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 11:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

It was the strangest decision to take Binotto away from a technical role (which was his core competence) into essentially a commercial one years ago, after having engineered the radical 2017 car.

I cannot think of any other team that would do this.

The last few years of further lack of success confirms that.

Ferrari did not lose the 2022 Championship due to the numerous dubious strategy calls, it lost simply because the car was not good enough.

F1 today has gone beyond the days of the past where throwing money at a problem could solve it. The bar has been raised to the highest it has even been.

They need to go back and do what Mercedes did, with Ross/Paddy Lowe/Geoff Willis/Aldo Costa get a group of 2 or 3 top people to reengineer and address different parts of the car.

The only other way is to clone Adrian Newey!

Absolutely shocking how long Ferrari have gone without a Championship.
Every year playing catch up.

Last edited by Hatari : 2nd December 2022 at 11:39.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:23   #28
BHPian

Mods - Please put it in the relevant thread if this is not the correct one, thanks!

Chinese F1 for 2023 have been cancelled (4th year in a row). Am pasting the article published on formula1.com:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...2rl0eJnWG.html

Article:

Formula 1 can confirm, following dialogue with the promoter and relevant authorities, that the 2023 Chinese Grand Prix will not take place due to the ongoing difficulties presented by the COVID-19 situation.

Formula 1 is assessing alternative options to replace the slot on the 2023 calendar and will provide an update on this in due course.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dutch Grand Prix will continue in Zandvoort until at least 2025.

Formula 1 : 2023 Season-fjbds1xkaedmsa.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 00:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/101816...-leclerc-sainz

Frederic Vasseur to take over the reins of Ferrari replacing Binotto.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks